Miss Saigon Question

AEA AGMA SM
#25Miss Saigon Question
Posted: 2/2/20 at 9:38pm

A friend of mine who's on the stage management team for the tour posted that he was in the chopper at yesterday's matinee in Knoxville, so it sounds like what ever was going on has been worked out, at least for this weekend. Obviously no guarantees for the next venue.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#26Miss Saigon Question
Posted: 2/6/20 at 1:16pm

AEA AGMA SM said: "A friend of mine who's on the stage management team for the tour posted that he was in the chopper at yesterday's matinee in Knoxville, so it sounds like what ever was going on has been worked out, at least for this weekend. Obviously no guarantees for the next venue."

Thanks for the update!

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

mar6411
#27Miss Saigon Question
Posted: 2/6/20 at 11:05pm

The helicopter was in tonight in Pittsburgh

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#28Miss Saigon Question
Posted: 2/7/20 at 11:58am

mar6411 said: "The helicopter was in tonight in Pittsburgh"

YAY!!!! Seeing this tomorrow and getting very excited, along with the few inches of snow that’s been falling today lol. Should make the drive up in the morning very interesting. 

Fosse76
#29Miss Saigon Question
Posted: 2/7/20 at 5:19pm

The helicopter effect works better in the video than it does live. The biggest problem is the speed of the projection versus the live helicopter. It's an effect that should look good, I just don't think it's been executed properly.

bwaybffs
#30Miss Saigon Question
Posted: 2/8/20 at 12:45am

Yes, the helicopter is in Pittsburgh!! Saw the show tonight (2/7) and it was absolutely fantastic. 

Side note for anyone seeing an upcoming tour stop: I highly recommend stage dooring! In total there were probably about 10-12 of us waiting after the show. The cast was SO nice and actually spent time talking to everyone. They even said this was the largest stage door they have seen on the tour (which is kind of sad because there wasn’t that many of us), and it made them extremely happy!

Enjoy to all those going soon!! 

Follow us on Instagram: @bwaybffs!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#31Miss Saigon Question
Posted: 2/8/20 at 8:51pm

Absolutely and thoroughly enjoyed this production from beginning to end, and for me the helicopter scene did not disappoint. Emily Bautista was out for today’s matinee and her understudy was in. Powerful voices from Anthony Festa (Chris) and Christine Hwang (Kim), delightful performance by Red Concepción (The Engineer), and some stunning staging and brilliant performances by the ensemble. There were more times than I can remember that my mind would say Wow! at what was going on, and my front row balcony seat proved perfect to see everything. The window card and coffee mug are gorgeous, and I also got the souvenir program and fridge magnet. Overall an extraordinary and impressive production with fantastic performances all the way around. This is definitely a must-see when it comes to your closest tour stop.

Updated On: 2/8/20 at 08:51 PM

LRey95
#32Miss Saigon Question
Posted: 2/9/20 at 6:30pm

bwaybffs said: "Yes, the helicopter is in Pittsburgh!!Saw the show tonight (2/7) and it wasabsolutely fantastic.

Side note for anyone seeing an upcoming tour stop: I highly recommend stage dooring!In total there were probably about 10-12 of us waiting after the show. The cast was SO nice and actually spent time talking to everyone. They even said this was the largest stage door they have seen on the tour (which is kind of sad because there wasn’t that many of us), and itmade them extremely happy!

Enjoy to all those going soon!!
"

Echo to this! I stagedoored at the Pantages first night and it was a packed house but only about 10 of us at the stage door. Which worked out because Eymard and Jinwoo took the time to have a personal conversation with me. Tyler Dunn as Tam was telling everyone he was turning 6 and a half the next day. Myra Molloy and I connected because I knew she was the Thai voice of Moana and she said it was the first time anyone approached her for a photo/autograph when she WASN’T on for Kim, and Anthony Festa asked me how he did vocally that night. XD And I had been waiting since her Broadway days to meet Emily Bautista so that dream came true that night. ^_^ 

Videos