pixeltracker

sarah brightman in phantom- Page 2

sarah brightman in phantom

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#25re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit performers
Posted: 4/14/04 at 1:42pm

what is this deal with being underage? I don't know anything about it?

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#26re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit performers
Posted: 4/14/04 at 3:54pm

"Dale Kristien performed 8 times a week -- but she was a rarity." I don't know how she did it, shes horrible!

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

ChristineDaae
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit performers
Posted: 4/14/04 at 3:56pm

Whats all the talk about "Phantom of the Opera" (the song) being recorded? I thought it was just the ending. I know this has been brought up numerous times but I don't think it's true.

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#28re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit performers
Posted: 4/14/04 at 4:00pm

The ENTIRE SONG is recorded.

Stone cold fact. Ask anyone who's ever been in the show. Ask anyone who's ever played in the pit.

It's not even something to ponder. The entire song is recorded. Every night. In every city. Really.

ChristineDaae
#29re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit performers
Posted: 4/14/04 at 4:05pm

Why? I don't think thats right. You pay to see a Broadway show for what, to hear the recording?!

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#30re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit performers
Posted: 4/14/04 at 4:10pm

"Why? I don't think thats right. You pay to see a Broadway show for what, to hear the recording?! "

Like it was my decision ...

A coupe other parts are recorded as well, the Phantom's line when he's in the masquerade get-up, I think being one of them.

It's been that way since Day 1. I don't like it but, really, it's not something I worry or concern myself with. It's not a show I see often.
Updated On: 4/14/04 at 04:10 PM

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#31re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit performers
Posted: 4/14/04 at 9:30pm

I can fully argue the fact that the title song is most definitely not lip - synced the whole way through, and I am honest and my sources are credible. Yes, the song "The Phantom of the Opera" is pre - recorded until the character of Christine begins to sing "Those who have seen your face, draw back in fear......". This is due to the fact that two separate sets of doubles are used in the song aside from the actual performers. The real performers are not seen until the gondolier moves onstage. In the matter of Christine's notes at the end of the song, a recording is not always used. Whenever they cast a new actress for the role of Christine (includes understudy's and stand-by's) they are recorded singing the title song. The actress can decide whether or not she want to use the recording at the end of the song, or sing it live. Those are not easy notes for a singer to reach, so it is understandable that this is done. Any ways, this is an argument that has been had numerous times for a long time, and I think it is finally time to lay it to rest. My sources are entirely credible, and whether or not you choose to believe them that is your choice.

Thanks,

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"
Updated On: 4/14/04 at 09:30 PM

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#32re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit performers
Posted: 4/14/04 at 9:38pm

Didn't Andrew Lloyd Webber threaten to take POTO off Broadway if Equity didn't allow Sarah Brightman to play the role?

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#33re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit perform
Posted: 4/14/04 at 10:13pm

It wasn't that Equity didn't feel that Sarah Brightman didn't have the so - called "Star Quality", but they felt that there were American actresses that could play the role of Christine just as well as Brightman. Andrew Lloyd Webber however felt that because the vocal range of Christine was written for Sarah's gorgeous soprano voice she should play the role, although in my opinion her acting abiliteies can have have been rivaled and surpassed many times!

Thanks,

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#34re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit perform
Posted: 4/14/04 at 10:22pm

heheh It seems like ALW was the real phantom of the musical. hahah If he would take such a trastic step as to not put it on broadway. thats crazy.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Updated On: 4/15/04 at 10:22 PM

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#35re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit perform
Posted: 4/15/04 at 3:08am

Off-Broadway is an actual category, and that wasn't his intent. His intent would've been to not even open it in the first place.

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#36re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit perform
Posted: 4/15/04 at 6:40am

Sorry that was unclear. By saying off Broadway, I meant, not on Broadway, not off-Broadway. Make sense?...

propspony Profile Photo
propspony
#37re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors' Equity/Brit perform
Posted: 4/15/04 at 5:37pm

Also if I remember right, and I'm reaching back here, there was an agreement that required ALW to cast an american (non-star statis) in his next show. They ended up casting two: Ann Crumb and Kathleen Rowe McAllen....

I've always found that kind of interesting....

"the ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak..."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#38re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors'
Posted: 4/15/04 at 8:27pm

One critic said, of her acting ability, that she could not act scared if she was in a than high crime area with money stuffed in her pockets at 1 AM in the morning

I think the only good thing she ever did was a sng on 1 album . The song was Dreamers from a failed london show Jean Seaberg written by Marvin Hamlisch

Poster Emeritus

#39re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors'
Posted: 4/15/04 at 8:31pm

Actually Mr Roxy; the quote was something about "Couldn't act scared even if she rode the NY subway system at midnight." And you can attribute it to Joel Seigel.

Videos