But I'm A Cheerleader

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#25re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 2:34pm

This movie has such potential for a musical, it's great. It could definitely become a great cult hit. The show would be almost 'BARE'-ish.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#26re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 2:38pm

Oh, I hope not.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#27re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 2:50pm

hopefully you'll shut up, jrb_actor

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#28re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 2:53pm

sorry--I just don't think it will be anything like BARE. They are two totally different kinds of musicals.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#29re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 2:54pm

I was talkin' about your friend, silly. re: But I'm A Cheerleader Man, you just don't get my humor today. But than again, I don't get it either.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#30re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 2:56pm

ohhhh! duh lol. It's hard to tell with over lapping posts! re: But I'm A Cheerleader

That's ok, I KNOW that Stephanie could beat Clea up!!

Updated On: 7/27/04 at 02:56 PM

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#31re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 3:00pm

Oh no you DI-INT!

1'm Better Than This
#32re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 4:51pm

The movie was BRILLIANT, and it would make an amazing musical. Is it going to be on or off-broadway?

broadwayguy2
#33re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 4:52pm

No plans for that. It is still doing readings and workshops.

JoizeyActor
#34re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 4:58pm

Cross your fingers!

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#35re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/27/04 at 11:08pm

Um, I like to bump!
The show is still fielding regional production options. There was a thread back in January here when it had an industry reading...among the cast were Nancy Opel, Laura Bell Bundy, the Kooz (Stephanie Kurtzuba), Telly Leung, Logan Lipton (from Cupid and Psyche), John Hill...

afa_composerboy
#36re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 8:36am

However, at this point, Kaitlin Hopkins is probably more likely to continue as Mary rather than Nancy Opal.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#37re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 9:00am

Well, let's be honest. Either one of those ladies would me a joy to have in that production. I don't know which one I would like to see more!

afa_composerboy
#38re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 9:03am

Yes..but TRUST ME!...Kaitlin is who you WANT to see :)))))

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#39re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 9:08am

Of course Kaitlin is who I would love to see, but not for awhile, as she needs to do 'bare' for a bit!...yeah, I'm greedy.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]
Updated On: 7/28/04 at 09:08 AM

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#40re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 9:10am

Is RuPaul involved?????????????

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#41re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 9:15am

While RuPaul would be really cool, wait until you hear the guy who's on the demo.

afa_composerboy
#42re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 10:12am

Yeah Monte Smock, who's on the demo is AMAZING!!! I'm sure a better singer than RuPaul. I know that Mink Stole (who played the mom in the movie) had expressed interest in the musical too...but that was some time ago.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#43re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 9:51pm

I hear Tobey Maguire is still available.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#44re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 10:23pm

You can have him. Tobey might be a great actor, but he's an incredibly rude person.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#45re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 10:25pm

When did this come to light??

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#46re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 10:31pm

It's surprising when you think somebody is one way and they turn out to dissapoint you when they do something that that completely shatters your image of them.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#47re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 10:32pm

when did Tobey do that to you?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#48re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 10:35pm

He didn't to me, but a good friend of mine I work with.
Marisa Tomei did it to me.

JoizeyActor
#49re: But I'm A Cheerleader
Posted: 7/28/04 at 10:36pm

I wish Tobey was my best friend...

Videos