GOODBYE AIDA!!

timote316
#25re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 12:14pm

Just look at it with an optimistic view: the sooner Aida closes, the sooner the revival arrives. I cannot wait for that day

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#26re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 12:36pm

DISNEY NEEDS TO RELEASE THIS TO DVD, DAMNIT! They have the money! They have the marketing power! C'MON DISNEY!

If they don't, the LEAST they can do is go ahead with a live-action movie musical (the story isn't right for animation, especially Disney's animation).

Anyway, I will shed a tear, and another, and another for AIDA tonight.

Ladies and gentlemen, today is a day of history. This is Disney's first Broadway show to close! How will Disney deal with this? Will they actually DO a DVD? Will they never again speak of this beloved musical? Oh WHAT is AIDA'S future???

The tour comes to my area in April, I think we are one of the last stops. Can't wait to see the show again. I saw Michelle T. Williams' understudy. So yeah...not good, having seen the OBC.

AIDA!

AIDA!

AIDA!

AIDA!

AIDA!

AIDA!

AIDA!!

IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Derek2
#27re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 12:48pm

u all have to make sure u post ur closing reviews! im gonna miss this show. for the last 4 years ud always think Aida, Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera....now they're all going away re: GOODBYE AIDA!!....cept Phantom

insomniak
#28re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 12:50pm

My avatar says 'my spirit will keep on burning though the flesh is torn apart'. Sorry it's hard to read, I made it really quickly.

Is there a possiblity of an Aida DVD? Has it been disscussed?

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#29re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:19pm

I saw the show yesterday for the last time and cried through the whole thing. I'll post my review tomorrow when I get home.

I feel so sad every time I walk past the theatre and remind myself that this is the last time I will ever see it the way it is now... ::runs away and cries::

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#30re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:37pm

:::tear::: :::sob::::
you think they will ever revive it???
re: GOODBYE AIDA!!

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#31re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 2:01pm

Just give it five years.

A revival with Kristen as Aida.

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#32re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 2:20pm

I'm so upset that AIDA's closing! I passed the theatre yesterday and just stood there, touching the pictures that are outside. I was playing all the songs in my head, and I've been looking through my AIDA book all day. It's so sad!

I hope to god that Disney releases the DVD. I WANT TO SEE AIDA AGAIN!!!!! WAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

BwayTheatre11
#33re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 3:15pm

re: GOODBYE AIDA!! What a great and different show.

I am going to add AIDA to the Closed Show Page at about 4:00 PM.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/showinfo.cfm?showid=2

CCM '10!
Updated On: 9/5/04 at 03:15 PM

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#34re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 3:50pm

Mr Tuttle...don't even joke like that!!

BroadwayDiva
#35re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:20pm

1 hour and a half into the final show. Why did it have to close so soon?? It seemed like it just opened!!

I think it should have won more Tonys. It didn't even get nominated for best musical!!

Updated On: 9/5/04 at 04:20 PM

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#36re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:22pm

BroadwayDiva...the final show started at 3. Act 1 will be over in about 15 minutes.

adp22 Profile Photo
adp22
#37re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:23pm

doesn't aida start at 3pm on sundays?

BroadwayDiva
#38re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:25pm

It's at 3?? I thought they'd do a night show, too!! Then the person who was scalping tickets yesterday was wrong. They were like "Aida tomorrow night at 8..." Apparently no such show exists!!

Updated On: 9/5/04 at 04:25 PM

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#39re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:27pm

Yeah Adam is singing Elaborate Lives right now...oh God this is sad. A lot of our BWW community is there now including LuvtheEmcee, Undiscovered, TheGirlinTheFrock, NativeNewYorker, Adampascalgirl, Bwaygirl, I think CRP, and a few more. Hope they're having a great time. I'm going back to my corner to cry! Updated On: 9/5/04 at 04:27 PM

#40re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:29pm

"*sings* Dearly beloved we gather here to say our goodbyes. Here she lies! Many knew her worth. The late great daughter of mother earth.On this day when we celebrate the birth. In that little city of New York, we raise our glass. You bet your ass to: AIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

hahaha very cute.

BroadwayDiva
#41re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:30pm

I hope they all post long, detailed reviews. I can't wait to hear how the show went.

Adam singing Elaborate Lives.... *sigh*

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#42re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:42pm

Oh he sang it soo beautifullly! ohhhh...*cries*

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#43re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:45pm

I have conflicting opinions about this show, but I AM very glad I saw it (especially with Heather Headley, who blew my socks off). I'll miss it too.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#44re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:47pm

Wow, this show was very powerful. A few numbers lacked, and took away from the show ("Build Another Pyramid" and "Like Father Like Son."). I HATE the transition into "Like Father..." The tone is soft...down...then all of a sudden - BOOM!

But other than these two numbers, everything else was great. Heather Headley deserved her Tony. Sherie Renee Scott ROCKED MY SOCKS! "I Know The Truth" makes me cry EVERY time, the only other song that does that to me is "Distant Melody" from PETER PAN.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#45re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 4:59pm

Ohhh no! The Second Act just started...I can't believe this is it! Updated On: 9/5/04 at 04:59 PM

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#46re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 5:57pm

This is it guys...it's over.

BwayTheatre11
#47re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 6:03pm

re: GOODBYE AIDA!!

CCM '10!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#48re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 6:08pm

It's a shame. WHY did Disney flood it with pop stars?

--Aristotle

ponine24601
#49re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 6:09pm

*sobs* it's gone. it's really gone. 'Aida: One more longing backward glance.'

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Videos