pixeltracker

Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs- Page 2

Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#25re: Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs
Posted: 9/25/04 at 7:25pm

Wow. Even the UK tour was different than the US tour.

Love, Miss Britt

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#26re: Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs
Posted: 9/26/04 at 2:18pm

could someone please elaborate on the "This is the Moment (reprise)

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

rockfenris2005
#27re: Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs
Posted: 9/27/04 at 1:28am

Removing my old silly post.

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 5/27/20 at 01:28 AM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#28re: Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs
Posted: 9/27/04 at 1:36am

Warlow even said that it makes a great concept album, but more than likely not a staged show.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#29re: Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs
Posted: 9/27/04 at 1:01pm

Wildhorn did not control the changes made to the Broadway production. That was under the direction of the producers. There were three pre-Broadway productions that differed slightly from one to the next. The first two were quite good (the second most closely resembled the Anthony Warlow recording) and the show only needed minor tweaking. Then Gregory Boyd took control and the third production started falling apart both in book and staging. It started to resemble a patchwork piece. Having received raves for the first two productions, it would have made sense to go back to what really worked for both audiences and critics, but the Broadway producers decided to start over and rewrite and restage the show from the beginning. What appeared on Broadway was a cheesy mess that didn't contain one-tenth of the original feel of the show. Originally, there were scenes that were actually creepy, scary and disturbing. Broadway was just a silly theme-park facsimile. It was so sad.

PS - Good and Evil was originally sung by the proprietor of the pub and if memory serves, opened the second act. Or occurred shortly after the opening of the second act. It was superfluous and just bogged down the show.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#30re: Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs
Posted: 9/27/04 at 1:12pm

Didn't Gregory Boyd direct the Houston premiere?

rockfenris2005
#31re: Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs
Posted: 9/27/04 at 9:53pm

Mister Matt MEANT to say: that ROBIN PHILLIPS directed the third show. Or am I confused?

In the Houston show, Jekyll sings IN HIS EYES with Lucy and Lisa

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#32re: Cut Jekyll and Hyde songs
Posted: 9/28/04 at 12:17am

The only live production I saw was the pre-Broadway tour of Jekyll & Hyde, which I loved. I saw the DVD and I hated what they did for Broadway. One of my favorite aspects of the PB tour was a beautifully arranged overture which was apparently cut by the time it reached the next city on the schedule.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#33Message to Rock Ferris
Posted: 9/28/04 at 9:45am

""It's unfair that he should be lucky and rich if he keeps abusing his talent. He has so much potential, so much he can do with his music, but he hangs around and fart-asses. He slacks off into his own little personal world. It's like watching a bad teenager. All in all, Jekyll suffers - and fails for me - because it leaves me wanting less, and I have wanted less and less since I heard it for the first time, and pretty soon there will be one song left. Maybe his fans can debate what that will be? ""

Quite frankly, if you dislike his work, don't listen to it. If some are shocked or annoyed that he persists in the theater world, well, I'm afraid those are the breaks.

No offense, but some people need to lighten up with Wildhorn. He's just a guy who writes music and supports others in doing so. Live and let live.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 9/28/04 at 09:45 AM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#34Message to Rock Ferris
Posted: 9/28/04 at 1:54pm

For some reason, I thought Robin Phillips directed the second production and Gregory Boyd came back in for the third, but I could be wrong. I'd have to dig up my old programs. A friend of mine assisted Wildhorn with the score for the second production.

I remember seeing the hideous Mardi Gras costumes in the third production during Bring on the Men and thinking, "Boyd's back". I have never seen a production in which Jekyll sang In His Eyes with Lisa and Lucy. He was onstage sitting in a chair in front of a giant mirror as the women appeared from behind the mirror to sing the song. I remember it well because one night, the mirror flew in too quickly and slammed onto the stage so hard, Cuccioli visibly jerked in his chair and the audience gasped out of fear that the whole thing would shatter behind him.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

SonofCorine2 Profile Photo
SonofCorine2
#35Message to Rock Ferris
Posted: 9/28/04 at 2:08pm

Robin Phillips directed it on Broadway.

"Honey- Men don't want one woman. Do the same thing. Date many men. I DO! I am going through the exact same thing. Don't over eat, instead date others. You will be amazed how much fun it will be. Also play hard to get. Men are dogs honey. DOGS!" - Corine2 10/29/04

Seany Profile Photo
Seany
#36Message to Rock Ferris
Posted: 9/28/04 at 2:12pm

Is the UK Tour the one that will have the horrid Paul Nicholas as Jekyll and Hyde?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.

B.B. Wolf
#37Message to Rock Ferris
Posted: 9/28/04 at 2:37pm

The Concept recording is far superior to the Broadway CD. After listening to the Broadway for months, I managed to make the trek to NYC to see it. I enjoyed it...mostly. Which, considering how obsessed I had become with the music, shouldn't I have been pissing myself with glee at seeing it onstage? I have three words for you: "Umbrella dance, anyone?" WTF was that about?!?
Anthony Warlow is the single best musical theatre performer alive right now. Saw him in La Mancha. Dear God...perfection. He took the high note in Impossible Dream!!! Thank you GOD!!!

Word. Word, indeed.

Videos