pixeltracker

STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!- Page 2

STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#25re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:12am

YAY ANDY!!!! EVERYONE GO TO "PIECE" AND HANG OUT WITH US!

andyf
#26re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:15am

Haha, or go to the Piece reading because it's going to be BRILLIANT...or both! JUST GO!

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

MadeofGold Profile Photo
MadeofGold
#27re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:16am

www.scottalan.net

You finally broke me down Andyf. I'll check the site out in the morning when I'm more awake and sober! :P

But I want Standing Ovations 3 NOW! I can settle for a Cheyenne Jackson concert...Or a Cheyenne Jackson reading of the phone book...whichever's easier.

For serious, yo. And I'd say the same about Michael Arden as well since you know, Michael Arden! :)

PS - it was nice to ACTUALLY meet MoG this time (hope you liked the story) and the infamous FB and the others who I didn't REALLY get to meet.

LOL! It was really good to meet you too Andyf even if you did leave a footprint on my skirt! LOL

And I LOVED the icon story! That was hysterical! :)

"... Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth. Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt. Still a little hard to say what's going on..." Damien Rice
Updated On: 10/11/04 at 02:16 AM

andyf
#28re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:23am

GOD! You're OBSESSED with me!

(If only you knew how it was SOOOOO the other way around) re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!

And you loved every second of my foot being in your ass.

FOR REALZ....I could really go for that Cheyenne phone book reading....John Tartaglia watch out...Cheyenne is giving you some SERIOUS competition in the "most amazing actor/incredible singer/sweetest person EVER" category HE'S AMAZING. So JTags watch out...you've got comp. re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!

MoG GO TO PIECE!!!! And I just need everyone else to start breaking down now...re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!

MadeofGold Profile Photo
MadeofGold
#29re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:39am

Why the hell am I still awake? Oh that's right. I'm waiting for the FB to call so I know he's okay. Oy. LOL

GOD! You're OBSESSED with me!

Totally obsessed! I think I'm going to make an icon of my mouth just to go with your icon! :P

(If only you knew how it was SOOOOO the other way around)

You are sooo mysterious! :P

And you loved every second of my foot being in your ass.

LOL! I was going to ask you to do it again but thought the FB might be jealous! re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!

MoG GO TO PIECE!!!! And I just need everyone else to start breaking down now..

LOL! Let me look at the website first and I'll let you know! :)

"... Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth. Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt. Still a little hard to say what's going on..." Damien Rice

andyf
#30re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:51am

OMG! You can be my FD for Piece (fake date). As long as FB approves...he should be OK with it.

I mean I know I'm FASCINATING, but I could never touch what the two of you have. You're OBVIOUSLY in loooooooooooove. re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!

andyf
#31re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:55am

Boooooo. No one's online anymore.

Guess I'll just have to wait for a bump tomorrow.

Goodnight newfound loooooooooooooooooover.
(FB doesn't need to know....I can be FOM - fake other man)
(We can secret rendezvous and I can call your phone, let it ring twice, hang up and then call back...it'll be all secretive and hot and sh*t)

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#32re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 7:21am

Definite highlights were Billy Porter, opening the show with And the World Goes Round (he was awesome!) and Michael McKeon, both doing his Sweeney Todd ballad alone and later, accompanying his wife, Annette O'Toole, when she sang "When My Daddy Plays the Banjo" (written by them and also easily the most, um, suggestive song of the evening).

I had a terrific evening sitting at what I liked to think of as the Pariah Table...and getting to meet SOMMS, in person, was the unexpected icing on the cake!

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

bwaybabe85 Profile Photo
bwaybabe85
#33re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 8:48am

All the numbers were phenomenal. I'm so glad I went to the concert! One of my favorite songs of the night was Sunset Boulevard's "As If We Never Said Goodbye" sung by a newcomer to the Broadway community, Josh Young. He has a great voice!

BwayTheatre11
#34re: STANDING OVATIONS 2 - Gimme Gimme Your Reviews!
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:16am

Will there be a DVD made of this?

Sounds like an awesome evening!

CCM '10!

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#35re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:25am

well, what a splediforous eve!

i have a new lust: jenna leigh green. she can never replace laura bell bottom, but last night she wormed her way into my heart. her activities at fez after the show notwithstanding, i crown her the doll of so2.

every performer was wonderful, but wacko that i am i was most thrilled with michael mckean's performance of sweeney todd the barber. worth the price of admission in and of itself!

of course there was the crooning of markie marc shaiman (who was kind enough to shake hands with me after the show) and the statuesque cheyenne jackson and eddie varley and the varlettes, showstoppers all (but of course i have a real soft spot for the last bunch there). the lovely and talented ellen greene brought the house down with her sing along. mandy, oh, mandy...what else need be said. i could go on and on, but you'd get bored and stop reading so i'll stop. smallville freak that i am i will keep pinching myself that i almost fell down the steps into the arms of martha kent...almost, damn my remarkable balance.

i'd like to thank my "watchers" iflit, etoile and jrb for keeping me out of trouble, but most of all i think we all need to thank rob, craig, jamie, scott and all of the performers and all the support staff for giving us such a lovely treat. thanks folks! here's to another whiz bang of a night and we're looking forward (after our heads clear and the pounding headache passes) to so3.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#36re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:28am

this headache is NEVER going to pass.

but what a great f*cking night!

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

iflitifloat
#37re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:48am

Safe bet that you weren't on the treadmill at 4:45 am this morning, eh, papa?

papalovesmambo
#38re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:56am

ugh, flitty, champagne is a berry berry bad ting. i was however in the bathroom at 5am!

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#39re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:16am

Uh - isn't it David Gurland? or are you referring to Danny Gurwin? I'm confused.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

parker russel
#40re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:16am

ELLEN GREENE!!!! WOW! She really is a living legend. As much as I loved all the high belting, riffs, and vocal gymnastics, it was so lovely to see some one really connect with both her material and audience...giving a completely honest and heart felt performance of her two Little Shop songs. She sounded wonderful and has such a unique, warm sound. I bought her CD and listened to it all night. For those of you not at the concert I highly recommend you get it at ELLENGREENE.COM Her handsome and talented hubby (who played for her last night) wrote a GORGEOUS track on it. Definitly worth getting. Also, she's playing Joes Pub on Sunday, Oct. 24th at 9:30...after last night I'd recommend getting tickets NOW cause its gonna sell out.

Liz Callaway was also wonderful...a true class act. Another performer who can thrill with out a forced high notes and un-needed riffs. Thought Billy Porter did a fabulous job. Really enjoyed Alice Ripley too.

Thanks to every one behind the scenes for a wonderful night...and for getting Ellen Greene...who really made the night.
Elle Greene's website

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#41re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:22am

Yes red, it was David Gurland, not Danny Gurwin.

And it was a pleasure to back up the one and only Eddie Varley.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#42re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:43am

Papa, when did I shake your hand?? how mean to not identify yourself, you woulda gotten a big fat kiss!!

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#43re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:47am

did Alice Ripley & Liz Callaway both play double concert duty?

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

papalovesmambo
#44re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:49am

outside, afterwards, marc. i did introduce myself, just used my real name. you were talking to iflit. i was the stunning blonde.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#45re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:57am

yes, but if I knew you were Papa, I'd have made out with you on the spot!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#46re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:59am

That'll teach you to be shy, papa!!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

2day4u9704301 Profile Photo
2day4u9704301
#47re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 12:01pm

Reading this thread is making me a little jealous

*cough*FG and Andy*cough*

But what a fantastic night last night! So incredibly glad I decided to buy a ticket. So many highlights that have already been mentioned, but must mention the fabulous Michael Arden and Jenna Leigh Green!

And Eddie Varley, who's impromptu song at the after party left our crew in complete hysterics! re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more

Oh, and why not....YAY Scott Allgauer! re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more Updated On: 10/11/04 at 12:01 PM

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#48re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 12:07pm

See Papa...I told Marc who I was and we gave each other lots of hugs and kisses...you lost out Papa...maybe if you would've taken that champagne bottle away from your lips you would've met and kissed more people. re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more

BTW...Marc knows how to make Boobs tingle. re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

iflitifloat
#49re: gimme gimme gimme, i need some more
Posted: 10/11/04 at 12:16pm

"i was however in the bathroom at 5am!"

At home, I hope.

Videos