News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!- Page 2

Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#25re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:03pm

Why didn't you complain to the ushers? Some one should have said something. I would have walked right over to one of the ushers and let them have it, the ladies not the poor ushers. Am I the only one that would have complained? :0)

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#26re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 2:05pm

Personally, I liked it much more my second time.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#27re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 3:59pm

Sorry about the drunk ladies...reminds me a little of the time my best friend and I went to see LSOH the last week it was open. We had front row center tickets, and we had a family next to us. Poor Trisha (my friend) had to sit next to the obviously intoxicated father who kept "talking to" (hitting on) her...he even once put his arm around the back of her seat and when she said something he said "Oh, sorry, forgot which side my kids were on". What a yutz.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#28re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:03pm

kimmy- That's horrible! re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#29re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:21pm

Eek! That's disturbing.

And if an incident shall happen again, which it probably will, I'll go speak to the usher. I was a little too shocked to maked a move. re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#30re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:09pm

When I saw Wicked in March, my sister and I sat behind a middle aged group of women who proceeded to talk in a normal voice during "No One Mourns the Wicked" about "those little things on their foreheads" (microphones). I politely turned around and asked them to quiet down and got sworn at. However, that is nothing compared to the drunk people you encountered.

I had a similar situation at Little Women last week- one of the rudest audiences I have ever encountered- wrappers, snoring, whining (about the lack of Maureen McGovern and Sutton's singing), coughing, talking- you name it, it was present.

I am noticing a pattern though in my show going- the rudest patrons tend to be middle aged women.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

Yankeefan007
#31re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:13pm

i have a similar experience. i was sitting in the nosebleeds at Aida and on that little platform area where theres room to stand, a drunk couple started dancing and screaming during a step too far. lets just say that they were more entertaining than the show itself. this was fairly recent btw, in august.

BroadwayBaby816
#32re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:15pm

last wek when i was at wicked i got up at intermission...and this guy was like "im really enjoying a play for once but it could be cuase im stoned!" and the whole group wa sliek laughing..jeeez the people these days..

defy_gravity
#33re: Wicked 12/29 Matinee - Oh look mommy, drunk people!
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:55pm

Wow... I saw Wicked n 12/17, Monday, the 8pm show. It was great. Megan Hilty was there then too, and at first I felt kinda bad about missing JLT, but Megan was awesome! She was straining a bit in "Popular" but she totally nailed "What is this feeling?" and "Thank goodness." Idina was awesome, as always. (Sorry, but she WAS.) It was a bit overrated, though - the theater erupted in cheers when she burst onstage during "Dear Old Shiz." But yeah, it was great. Michelle Federer was awesome, as was Christopher Fitzgerald. Joey McIntyre, though, was a bit disappointing. But after it all, Michelle came out the stage door and signed my playbill. She's so nice!
I didn't get to meet Idina, but I talked to William Youmans and some ensemble members in the theatre, by the other door. They were all nice. But Idina was really good that night, she didn't seem to hold back. Megan did, though, a little. Best songs that night were "What is this feeling?" and "No Good Deed." I was expecting a little mre out of "For Good," but both women, Megan in particular, seemed tired by then. Hmm...
Overall, very much worth it, even though I only had a partial-view seat. It was row CC, but way off to the side. Still, it was awesome.

We can't all come and go by bubble...

Videos