pixeltracker

Hairspray appreciation thread!- Page 2

Hairspray appreciation thread!

#25re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:45pm

maybe shes using the wrong password ... ?

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#26re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:51pm

or maybe cause she's 15

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

Winokur_fan Profile Photo
Winokur_fan
#27re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:14pm

*bounces up and down* I love hairspray!!! My fav character is Tracy, played by Marissa. And my fav. song(s) are You Can't Stop The Beat followed by Big Blonde and Beautiful.

~*~Fairytales do come true~*~ Keala Settle: Aloha, Sistah! It's all good...<3<3<3

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#28re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:16pm

I lurve this show.

Favorite song: Without Love. And You Can't Stop the Beat. And Mama I'm a Big Girl Now.

Favorite character: Penny Lou Pingleton. Followed closely by Amber.

Hottest person onstage at the Neil Simon: Richard Blake! But some of those male ensemble members are pretty smexy too. =)

#29re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:18pm

lets not threadjack. i wanna talk about hairspray!!!

winokurfan, did you notice that fansite added our links and now he posted again on the hairspray forum?

ashley0139
#30re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:18pm

oh and I forgot- if you didn't get this BEFORE this thread that I like Hairspray, see my signature. re: Hairspray appreciation thread!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

#31re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:20pm

mine makes it a little obvious too. re: Hairspray appreciation thread!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#32re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:20pm

OOh I love Hairspray!
It was my second Broadway CD re: Hairspray appreciation thread!

You Can't Stop The Beat and Run And Tell That are my favorite songs! Oh and I love Mamma Im a Big Girl Now.

AND at dance camp once, as this "project" thing, I created a dance for "Nicest Kids in Town" IT WAS A BLAST! SOO FUN!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

#33re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:38pm

did i mention it ive seen it 30something times ? :) In two states.

ashley0139
#34re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:40pm

mistress- are you trying to win the "#1 Hairspray fan award"? Lol. Well I... well I... I'm seeing it for the SECOND time in Feb. so there. Ok, you win. re: Hairspray appreciation thread!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

#35re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:51pm

eh, I'll let PennyLou take the title, itll make her happy. :)

ashley0139
#36re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:54pm

You're right. That's so kind of you. :)

#37re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:56pm

you all should be over at the hairspray forum clamoring over that billboard theyre gonna try to give away in a week or two.

i want it, but um, ive got no place to put it. my house is really small. and my mom wouldnt be pleased with it 'taking up space'

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#38re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:57pm

ahh Penny is too great. I'm sorry, but Jenn IS Penny.

#39re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:05pm

since i havent posted the links in a while, if any of you havent read them, I interviewed Matt Morrison, Mary Bond, Jenn Gambatese and Chester Gregory for my website. Click Spit Seven and find their names...
Spouzic.com

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#40re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:13pm

why didn't they chose her as Nessa! She'd be perfect!

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#41re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:14pm

LOVE this show. Wanted to hug Dick Latessa the entire time he was onstage. Favorite song? Originally, it was You Can't Stop the Beat, but now Run and tell that has taken over the mental playlist of showtunes. Corey Reynolds would be a fantastic Leading Player if there was a Pippin revival.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#42re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 10:19pm

HAIRSPRAY is definetely one of my favorite and most beloved musicals, maybe it's even my #1 !!! The most fun I ever had in a theater, watching finally my beloved Harvey and witnessing one of the most charismatic young performers I've ever seen in my life, Matt Morrison !!! The music, the story, the choreography, the sets, the costumes, all the cast, sent me in the street a very very happy person !!! Favorite songs : Can't stop the Beat, I Can Hear the Bells, Good Morning Baltimore, Without Love, oh ok, I'll stop here ! :)

Take care

starlight2
#43re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/24/05 at 1:06pm

Hey Mistress, any chance of "Tarzan" coming to Broadway with Matt soon?? That would be so awesome I think! Matt in a loin cloth, ok, I am backing off, just daydreaming Mistress I swear! haha. By the way in response to Phantomchicken, I think the girl playing Amber on Broadway, Jordan,had some kind of stalker on tour I think someone said on another Board once, wasn't you now was it phantomchicken? lol

#44re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/24/05 at 1:15pm

the expected date for tarzan has been pushed back from when the original buzz was around, now its supposed to be mid 2006. theyre supposed to continue working on it but whether or not Matt will be in the final production is purely speculation, i think he wants to do it, i think theyd want him, but doing a workshop doesnt guarantee you a part and nothings a guarantee until a contract is signed, and even then things can happen. lol

i wanna see him do it too. not cuz of the loin cloth, i thought panties corsets and fishnets were infinitely more amusing.

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#45re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/24/05 at 2:37pm

I saw HAIRSPRAY again about a month ago and was entranced by those lovable Baltimore locals all over again, I was struck thinking about all the splendid performers who will get the chance to bring Edna and Tracy to life in the future, it's truly a classic!

And Richard H Blake is a wonderful Link.

Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.

playbill_signer_05 Profile Photo
playbill_signer_05
#46re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/24/05 at 2:41pm

I have never seen Hairspray performed, but I love the album! It's so happy! My favorite songs are "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" and "Good Morning Baltimore".

stagestar130 Profile Photo
stagestar130
#47re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/24/05 at 8:39pm

I saw Hairspray about a year ago, and I thought it was amazing. One of the best shows I've ever seen. I saw it with Harvey and Dick Latessa and I thought their "Timeless to me" was absolutley amazing. For me, that was one of the hilights of the show. Of course "You can't stop the beat" blew me away also. Such an amazing show. I hope it stays around for a while. As for my favorite character? I have to say I love the character of Tracy. I always wanted to play her.

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#48re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/24/05 at 8:44pm

oh, those songs!! I can't get them out of my head!!!

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#49re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/24/05 at 8:44pm

I love me some Big Blonde Beautiful woman

MBD forever!

P.S. I can't find the interviews...what link are they under? thanks

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

Videos