Hairspray appreciation thread!

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#0Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/22/05 at 11:06pm

have we had one of these yet? It's such a fun show!

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#1re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/22/05 at 11:07pm

I saw HAIRSPRAY. Cute show.

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#2re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/22/05 at 11:07pm

YAYYYYY!!!! FOR HAIRSPRAY!!! re: Hairspray appreciation thread! re: Hairspray appreciation thread! re: Hairspray appreciation thread! re: Hairspray appreciation thread!

*Kristen*

#3re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:30am

sunk to page two before it even took off... pity.

i love hairspray!

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#4re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:34am

hairspray is awesome...but too bright and happy for me....but its in my top 10 - like 6 i think.... re: Hairspray appreciation thread!

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#5re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:00am

Hairspray Rocks my socks!

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#6re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 11:25am

What's your favorite song live? Mine's gotta be without love!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#7re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 11:32am

i LOVE this show!!

you can't stop th beat is by far my favorite live... so much energy is put into it... i love it!!

::bust a move::

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#8re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:10pm

I love the show and the movie! As for favortie song, without love or you can't stop the beat.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

#9re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:16pm

im going to echo Without Love.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#10re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:17pm

Definitely a fun show. re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Favorite song.... Without Love, followed by You Can't Stop the Beat.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

UsherMJD
#11re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:31pm

I never thought that one was capable of falling head over heels in love with a fictional character. . . but that all changed when Penny Pingleton walked on stage. . . I want to marry her!

And yeah. . . fav song. . . Without Love

ashley0139
#12re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:34pm

Hairspray is in my top 5 favorite shows at the moment (I'm kinda into the "new" broadway musical thing). I loved it when I saw it this summer in NY. And now it's coming to Atlanta in Feb. Yay! Favorite song: "You can't stop the beat" is AMAZING. With everyone on stage and the dancing. Oh my gosh. Can't get better that that. I also love "Run and Tell That". How about favorite character? Mine's Penny- I would DIE to play her.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Phantom Chicken
#13re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:42pm

I hate how this thread is still on its first page...

I mean, honestly...

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

broadwayguy2
#14re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:44pm

hairspray is a fantastic show, but i won't go into an essay about why.. yet

Phantom Chicken
#15re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:49pm

i think we know YOUR opinion on hairspray....

HAH

Joshua488
#16re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:51pm

HAIRSPRAY is great! Favorite song would have to be "Without Love" with my favorite principal character being Penny Pingleton. She's a scene stealer! I love high belters, in case you couldn't tell.

Phantom Chicken
#17re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:54pm

favorite song, Big, Blonde, and Beautiful (I have a thing for the "black" songs....Big Black Man....all of The Wiz, esp. Y'all got it...but that's because of Andre....END RAMBLE

Phantom Chicken
#18re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:55pm

favorite song, Big, Blonde, and Beautiful (I have a thing for the "black" songs....Big Black Man....all of The Wiz, esp. Y'all got it...but that's because of Andre....END RAMBLE

Umm...hottest person ever in Hairspray?

Jordan...::forgets her last name::......or Kerry is ;pretty;

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#19re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:55pm

I love Hairspray!! The show was hilarious and lively. The album is good to listen to when your depressed.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

#20re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:32pm

chicken, her name is Jordan Ballard.

and in my opinion, the hottest person ever in hairspray would have to be MATT. (surprised?)

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#21re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:33pm

very

i think tracy jai was very hot... and so nice... she deserves a starring role!

::bust a move::

Phantom Chicken
#22re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:36pm

mistress, you did NOT call me chicken...

jordan ballard, right...

#23re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:38pm

well, i already call someone else phantom...

Phantom Chicken
#24re: Hairspray appreciation thread!
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:42pm

but you can keep calling me bso....

P.S. Beka was complaining that the forum wasn't letting her sign in...i dc but at least i can say at said something...my good deed for the day is done...

Videos