pixeltracker

Disney sequels, will they ever end?- Page 2

Disney sequels, will they ever end?

rockfenris2005
#25re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 11:25pm

Even if I didn't know it, I'd be glad to honour you :)

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#26re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 12:53am

Yeah thats true, The Lion King 2 wasn't bad, in fact I found it really cute even though in my opinion you just can't top the classics. But it was a well done movie nonetheless.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Galahad312 Profile Photo
Galahad312
#27re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 5:50am

Thing is Disney never gets rid of their characters they just store them in a box of their own and then recycle them back out again into the public into different settings and time periods. Alot of these classics weren`t written by Disney staff to begin with. They were classic stories they managed to buy out the rights for long ago and slap their Disney logo on them.

Favorite film of all time `Chicago` the best film ever, best play ever! loved it very much!

MouseInfo
#28re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 9:48am

I am looking forward to CARS...that next Disney/Pixar animation. :) Don't get me started on sequels though. I understand why Disney makes them but, for the most part, they are terrible.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#29re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 10:00am

"Disney sequels, will they ever end?" ~~~~GAWD, I hope so!!! Updated On: 3/8/05 at 10:00 AM

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#30re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 10:09am

They refuse to stop at 2 though look at Aladin - its just dreadful

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#31re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 10:12am

There is a non-disney animated sequel to Snow White called "Happily Ever After." It has seven dwarfelles instead of seven dwarfs. Carol Channing is one of the voices of the seven dwarfelles. And Phyllis Diller is the voice of Mother Nature! I own the VHS (just because of Carol). It's pretty awful, but good to laugh at.

buddhaismymom Profile Photo
buddhaismymom
#32re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 1:21pm

I loved Toy Story 2..and Lion King 1 1/2 was really cute.

Aladdin and the King of Thieves was also fun..mostly because of Robin Williams, i think. It has a lot of adult humor, which is true with most of the originals. Alot of Disney sequels don't have that, which I think is why they are less enjoyable.

ABC's The Music Man was all right, but I have to agree that Matthew Broderick was way below par. Kristin was, as always, adorable.

I think it would be fun to see ABC adapt My Fair Lady, but it would really depend on the casting and I'm still not sure how it would turn out. I love the Rex Harrison-Audrey Hepburn (I know..she wasn't singing..) version, but I'd be open to seeing ABC try it. Their versions of Annie, Music Man and Cinderella weren't as great as the originals, but I still enjoyed all of them.

Although it still perplexes me how Whoopi Goldberg and Victor Garber gave birth to an Asian prince. Go Disney..way to be PC.

"we're actors- we're the opposite of people" -Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Anne5122 Profile Photo
Anne5122
#33re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 1:37pm

I like Toy Story 2 and Lion King 1 1/2, I never thought it was going to be as funny as it was. But in general, I hate Disney sequels. I was beyond angry with Little Mermaid 2 and then I saw their sequel line up. Awful, awful, awful with even awful songs. Originality is slowly dying in Mousedom. What gets me mad though is that they market these god-awful flicks for kids and then make parents like me suffer because the kids want it because it's the characters they recognize. I'd pick Spongebob over Jungle Book 2, Bambi 2, or any other 2 that Disney has to offer.

The phrase "working mother" is redundant. -Jane Sellman-

Bwaybaby109
#34re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 3:26pm

I remember that Happily Ever After movie, I don't I even liked it as a kid.

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

Bwaybaby109
#35re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/8/05 at 6:20pm

I also enjoyed Mulan II. It's pretty good, the animations isn't bad at all, everyone except Eddie Murphy is in it, the guy who does the voice for Mushu sounds a lot like Eddie and the music is cute, it's written by Tesori, who wrote "Thoroughly Modern Millie" It's not as good as the original but this is def one of Disney's better sequels.

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

Videos