pixeltracker

Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?- Page 2

Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#25re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/24/05 at 11:51pm

I <3 Scarlet Pimpernel...

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#26re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/24/05 at 11:53pm

oh, c'mon. there were only four version. and the second and fourth barely even count as 2 was very similar to 1 and 3 and 4 was very similar to 3.

there's not one show out there that doesn't have a different version of itself be it the out of town tryout version, concept version, movie version or what have you... Updated On: 3/24/05 at 11:53 PM

Sporkie Profile Photo
Sporkie
#27re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/24/05 at 11:56pm

I love Jeckyll and Hyde, especially This is The Moment. I've only listened to it, and it sounded likr it might be a hard sell on stage, but the music is alternately catchy 'There's a face that we hide..." will never leave my mind, and some bits are amazingly passionate. I love Wildhorn soo much

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#28re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/24/05 at 11:57pm

He might not be one the best composers out there. But "In His Eyes" is an incredible song.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#29re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/25/05 at 12:00am

I guess I'm not a huge fan of Wildhorn's other shows, but I do love J&H. I have the OBC and despite the fact that I am constantly told I have the wrong CD, I still enjoy it, I love most of the songs, but some of them are just among my favorite songs ever--"Facade," "Take Me As I Am," "This is the Moment," and "In His Eyes." I would have loved to see it on Broadway. Oh well, the Hasslehoff version isn't great at all, but at least it's a way to see what the show was like.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

CATSNYrevival
#30re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/25/05 at 12:01am

"Jekyll", sporkie, "Jekyll"... re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#31re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/25/05 at 12:04am

Jekyll?

I though it was jeckill

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#32re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/25/05 at 12:27am

I think Wildhorn writes some bad stuff but there's also a lot his songs that I really love (like "Tell My Father").

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

CATSNYrevival
#33re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/25/05 at 1:00am

Oh, I know you were kidding. I just felt the need to clarify, and I suppose pimpy is rather "alone" in that respect, but at the same time someone here said to me once that shows don't have "versions" and it was just such a silly thing to say because as I said just about every musical has one or two different versions. Wildhorn shows just tend to have more theatrical versions than other shows. they're just special. re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#34re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/25/05 at 7:08am

Love his music, hate his shows.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

TheatreManiac Profile Photo
TheatreManiac
#35re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/25/05 at 10:01am

I'm a huge Wildhorn fan. What I've found is most people like his music because it stands alone and doesn't necessarily have to be heard as a piece of a show to make sense. This is why we heard This Is The Moment over and over again, etc. I don't think it's fair to criticize him over writing "pop" music, when so many shows are being created around pop music these days. Unfortunately, that's the only thing the critics have ever been able to hold against him.

I will say that having been a fan of Jekyll & Hyde, Scarlet Pimpernel, and The Civil War (which was totally underrated -- it was by far the best ensemble I've ever heard on Broadway), I was totally let down by Dracula. The music just didn't have the magic, or maybe it was the "pop" I'd been accustomed to. Did anyone else find that Dracula was lacking what the other shows had? I know it was huge with Dracula fans, but I was so disappointed as a Wildhorn fan.

"Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker" -- Willy Wonka

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#36re: Why Is Wildhorn Never Mentioned?
Posted: 3/25/05 at 12:22pm

I am both a Dracula and Wildhorn fan. In fact, Dracula is what really made me a fan of his.

The first time I listened to J&H, I fell in love. The more I listen to Dracula, however, the more I like it...

Videos