pixeltracker

Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy- Page 2

Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#25re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 4:02am

Haha, no, I played Emile deBecque, which was very interesting to say the least.

~Steven

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#26re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 10:16am

The Lesley Warren version is far superior to the Brandy Version. The only good thing about the Brandy Version is the inclusion of "The Sweetest Sounds" for the prince - but then, they took out Loneliness of Evening, which is a beautiful song. Brandy is far too breathy to sing the music properly, and Whitney is , well, I can't even post that here. The cast and production as a whole is far better in the Warren version, IMHO. Hands down.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#27re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 2:19pm

I love this CINDERALLA and had been hoping for a recording to be released for years. I don't understand why one never has. I wrote to Disney's website years ago and they said there were no plans to release a recording. I know it is out on dvd, but I don't think a cd was ever made yet, was there???

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

bill mobley
#28re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 3:25pm

Why does everybody hate Whitney Houston so? She was ok in the movie. The multi cultural cast worked well here, unlike the sound track of The Wizard of Oz, a few years ago, which was a multi cultural mess (with the exception of The Harlem Boys Choir who are just too irresitible to pan).

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#29re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 3:27pm

Loved Paolo in this.

BroadwayBaby109 he recently appeared on Broadway in Pacific Overtures.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#30re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 3:28pm

I don't hate Whitney Houston - as a matter of fact, her first album is one of my favorites of all time - but what she's done to herself is just so sad, and her voice is wrecked. and she simply cannot act her way out of a paper bag. I still get chills when I see the Lesley Warren version - it makes me cry, whereas the Whitney version just makes my skin crawl, except for Paulo - he's a great guy and has a lovely voice. He's perfect for the role of the Prince.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

hannahshule Profile Photo
hannahshule
#31re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 3:33pm

I like the Julie Andrews version the best! I saw it on Great Performances a month ago. It's sooooo cool to see La Andrews before she really became a legend. The cast is awesome. I also llike the LAW version, but this is my favorite!

~And let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life~

vbplayer Profile Photo
vbplayer
#32re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 4:33pm

I have to agree that the Leslie Ann Warren and Stuart Damon version is better IMO. The Brandy version left me flat. Barbara Ruick and Pat Carroll were a hoot as the step-sisters in The Leslie Ann Warren version.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown

VIETgrlTerifa
#33re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 4:39pm

I'm going to get killed for this, but this version really showcased Bernadette Peter's lack of a good speaking voice. There were times where I couldn't understand a word she was saying. I was really bored by this movie.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

LoringsGuy
#34re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 4:49pm

I actually had a chance to talk to the music director of this version of Cinderella once, and I believe the reason he gave for a soundtrack not being released was that it was a Disney production, and Whitney's recording label, Arista, wouldn't allow it. Or something like that.

Oh, and P.S. I actually loved this version, and here's why: it featured pop music/TV stars that would be recognizable to a huge segment of the population that normally wouldn't be caught dead watching an old Rodgers & Hammerstein musical, namely kids and teenagers who only listen to pop/hip hop music. That's where it all starts---a little kid is gonna watch it, think, "Hey, musicals can be cool" and then maybe branch out by watching more musicals...and so on. If that's what it takes to increase awareness and interest in theatre, I'm all for it.

"Word of advice: Be who you are, wear what you want---just learn how to run real fast." Marc, UGLY BETTY
Updated On: 4/4/05 at 04:49 PM

FosseBoi
#35re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 5:13pm

Warren gets on my NERVES! She reminds me of a mouse!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Disney version! I thought the cast was great.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

IdreamofRENT
#36re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 7:07pm

you guys have inspired me to go watch it now! HEHE i remember the first time I watched it i hated it...but i also wasn't obsessed with musicals like I am now. Yay!

sassypanz
#37re: Rodgers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Brandy
Posted: 4/4/05 at 7:18pm

Its an OK movie.

Videos