#25re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:34pm

Maybe that's some old incarnation?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#26re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:42pm

Maybe - I seem to recall Warners being mentioned at some intermediate stage between Miramax and Revolution.

BWIDB Charlie
#27re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:44pm

Hm, maybe WB is the distributer? No clue, lol.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#28re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:46pm

I was thinking, with all the fansites that have been created, there really aren't any good url names left. If it were rent-themovie.com, people would undoubtably screw up and go to rentthemovie.com. They should probably think of something more creative and different.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#29re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:49pm

Most likely the website will have the production company in the name to seperate it from the Broadway production's website and fansites.

Magicpaine, since you found the "real website" before, do you mind posting the direct link to it in the thread?

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

BWIDB Charlie
#30re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:53pm

I'm a bit confused, a direct link to what?

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#31re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:56pm

You wrote:

"Found it.

RENT-THEMOVIE.COM "

When I typed this in myself the website didn't work for me. If you have the website copy the address and past it in the "optional link" space, and it creates a hyperlink in your post.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#32re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:57pm

Magic looked up the owners of various web names, he didn't find a link to an actual site.

Sony is the US distributor, and Columbia has a couple of foreign markets. I don't think Warners is involved anymore.

BWIDB Charlie
#33re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/9/05 at 12:07am

I'll look into it a bit more sometime, but I don't think we'll find it. I'd guess it'll be a sub-domain on the Sony site.

*Shrugs*

Charlie
magicpiane@kc.rr.com

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#34re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/9/05 at 12:12am

Oh, gotcha. Thanks Chloe.

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#35re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:48am

Hi,

I use to own the original lifecafe.com and ran the RENT website for about 4 years. The domain name now belongs to Kathy, the owner of the Life Cafe in NYC and Brooklyn. She's a wonderful person.

Part of my site is up at https://www.onesonglory.com. I have nothing to do with the film production either re: RENT Movie Site???

Don't know what the issue is regarding the re-direct-sorry re: RENT Movie Site???

Hope this clear things up,

Jim

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"
Updated On: 4/19/05 at 05:48 AM

sallyfan101 Profile Photo
sallyfan101
#36re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/19/05 at 3:05pm

I'm going to try those. I haven't took the time to seearch for it.

Videos