RENT Movie Site???

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#0RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 3:58pm

I stumbled across this and am wondering if this might be the beginnings of an official site...
lifecafe.com

Who knows...but it is interesting that it says Glory! at the top and well...I may be getting ahead of myself but something to watch I guess

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#1re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:01pm

I wouldn't be surprise if it was... :)

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#2re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:05pm

I would think the site would have a more OFFICIAL name.

just my two cents.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#3re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:08pm

I thought so too but try these
www.rent.com
www.siteforrent.com (the official Bway site FYI)
www.rentthemovie.com
etc... none seem to be "it"

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.
Updated On: 4/8/05 at 04:08 PM

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#4re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:20pm

What would they have on the site yet? The movie hasnt' even been put together.

And no, life cafe.com is the life cafe website...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#5re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:21pm

then why isn't anything up there munk?

munkustrap178
#6re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:23pm

Why isn't anything up where.....

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

LariTheLoud Profile Photo
LariTheLoud
#7re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:27pm

When I go to lifecafe.com, I get redirected to the Life Cafe website.

I think munk's right.

"Oh, good. After all, I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time, and I can do it with my eyes closed while whistling 'The Entertainer.' That's rhythm for you." ~ Snaps, proving that White Boys CAN have rhythm

munkustrap178
#8re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:28pm

I am.

LariTheLoud
#9re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:30pm

Besides, I don't really expect *ANYTHING* to be launched until they have some sort of substance. SOMEONE'S gotta be working on the official site design as we speak.

"Oh, good. After all, I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time, and I can do it with my eyes closed while whistling 'The Entertainer.' That's rhythm for you." ~ Snaps, proving that White Boys CAN have rhythm
Updated On: 4/8/05 at 04:30 PM

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#10re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:34pm

Wow, that's pretty effective I guess to confirm your ideas after somebody already said you were right....

LariTheLoud
#11re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 4:43pm

Hahaha.

I just don't think. I'm a lil' bit of an airhead, and add to what I say whenever something pops into my head. XD Don't mind me...

EDIT: And WOO that was not directed at me. Yay for reinforcing airheadedness!

Updated On: 4/8/05 at 04:43 PM

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#12re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 8:44pm

if you type in http://www.lifecafe.com you go to a black page that says under construction and it says Glory! on the top bar

diana rigg Profile Photo
diana rigg
#13re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 8:52pm

ummmm I dunno if you guys already know this (you probably do play looking at your pictures) well there is the website
forget-regret.net but like I said, just trying to help!

Pinke

sara4466
#14re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 8:55pm

ummmm yea

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#15re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 8:58pm

www.forget-regret.net is just a fansite.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#16re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 9:07pm

It may not even have its own url. For example, for FINDING NEVERLAND, Miramax did www.miramax.com/findingneverland

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#17re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 9:09pm

It doesn't exist yet, anyway. Sounds like it'll be up soon, since Anthony's posts here aren't allowed to be about the movie anymore. He'll have a blog on the official site.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CASuperboy
#18re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 9:12pm

It could be a website for the actual Life Cafe in NYC.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#19re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:10pm

The Life Cafe website is actually www.lifecafenyc.com, and is not under construction. I've gotten redirected there also, but then found there was a "search" option for my address bar, and I also came up with the Glory! under construction site. It could be a new fansite, of course, but maybe it really is the official one going up. The timing is right.

BWIDB Charlie
#20re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:10pm

According to a domain search (I've chosen a few fragments):

Registrant:
Life Cafe Inc
343 E 10th ST
New York, NY 10009
US

Domain Name: LIFECAFE.COM

DMOZ Title: The Lifecafe
DMOZ Description: The Lifecafe has a great collection of Java games including Rentris (RENT Tetris) and Javasaw puzzles. This site is also good for links and lyrics to Rent songs.
Yahoo Directory: Musicals > Rent
Yahoo Title: Lifecafe, The
Yahoo Description: Includes photos, chat, interviews, music, video, and the Rent test.
Website Status: Active

----

Technical garble aside, it's not a site for the movie.

Charlie
magicpiane@kc.rr.com

BWIDB Charlie
#21re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:16pm

Found it.

RENT-THEMOVIE.COM

Name Server: NS.WARNERBROS.COM NS2.WARNERBROS.COM
ICANN Registrar: EMARKMONITOR INC. DBA MARKMONITOR
Created: 07-may-2004
Expires: 07-may-2006

----------------------------------------------------------------

Registrant:
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
(DOM-1281313)
4000 Warner Blvd. Burbank
CA
91522 US

Domain Name: rent-themovie.com

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.WARNERBROS.COM 64.12.46.1
NS2.WARNERBROS.COM 204.140.15.6

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#22re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:22pm

Like Emcee said, Anthony has been talking about a website in the works and should be up in the (I am assuming) near future. It sounds like it should be really interesting, cast members blogging as well as video diaries of the progress/experience.

Although this means he won't be able to post his updates here anymore, Anthony sounded excited about it. I am sure he will let people know when it is up and running.

magicpiane, I just tried that website, and it said "page cannot be displayed"

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#23re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:31pm

Probably 'cause it doesn't exist yet. re: RENT Movie Site???

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#24re: RENT Movie Site???
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:33pm

That's great research, magicpiane, but I don't think Warners is associated with the movie now. It's being produced by Revolution Studios, which is in partnership with Sony. The mystery deepens.

Videos