final Good Vibrations?

#25re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:42pm

I hope they release the cast recording. Sometimes, the music is so much fun to listen to even if the show is a little shoddy.. case in point with Seussical and Thou Shalt Not. I loved the music from both but the shows were not the best quality I must say.

#26re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:44pm

Double POST... So I thought I would delete it and say so then no one could say AHHH you double posted neener neener neener. Updated On: 4/25/05 at 06:44 PM

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#27re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:46pm

Well, I'm not saying this to be snide or, *cough* "elitist"... but you CAN always buy a greatest hits recording of The Beach Boys if you're dying to hear the songs from 'Good Vibrations'. I know it's not the Broadway cast and in "jukebox musicals" they actually do some re-arranging, but as far as hearing the music... it's Beach Boys.

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#28re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:46pm

Seussical and Thou Shalt Not aren't even in the same league as GV...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

#29re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:47pm

I agree- I heart Amour. Its amazing music... the show should have been a hit!

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#30re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:48pm

THOU SHALT NOT makes GOOD VIBRATIONS look like CAROLINE.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

munkustrap178
#31re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:49pm

I meant it in the opposite way...that GV is even worse than TSN - if you can imagine that.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#32re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:50pm

Oh and I would rather sit through GV a thousand times than through TSN once more.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

#33re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:51pm

EXCUSE ME? I was saying that the show might have sucked. I thought it was pretty bad but I did like the music. I think Harry Connick Jr is pretty talented and I thought most of it was good. WOW you make one comment and the queens pounce on you like a tiger on a giselle.

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#34re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:52pm

Rawr. :-P

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

munkustrap178
#35re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:52pm

No one pounced on you at all. All I said was that compared to Good Vibarations, Thou Shalt Not looks like gold. Chill out.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#36re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:53pm

no no no. Jon, don't get me wrong. lol.

I was just saying how much I personally hated THOU SHALT NOT. It really was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had at the theatre. I've never listened to the cast recording though and honestly can't see myself ever doing so.

Bal
#37re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/26/05 at 1:48am

Maybe the show would have been more successful if the cast had managed to pull that kind of energy out for more performances. Just sayin', you know...

"Well, obviously Company is about the Kennedy family. Bobby is played by Raul, and JFK is played by Harvey Fierstein." -vfd88

GirlfriendFromCanada
#38re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/26/05 at 9:33am

There were a LOT of problems with the show. The cast was the least of them.

But you like what you like. Give it a month, most people will not even remember this existed, and they'll like it that way and wish time by faster.

sallyfan101 Profile Photo
sallyfan101
#39re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/26/05 at 12:28pm

I never got a chance to see it. Nothing good is going on at the Fox except the Alanta ballet's Snowhite.

Nutzoboi2 Profile Photo
Nutzoboi2
#40re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/26/05 at 4:35pm

I saw the final show and was really glad I did, the cast was so hot and the dancing was off the hook, so much postive vibes for real, Titus is da bomb!!! Sail on Sailor made me stand up and cheer!

can I hold ya hand booboo? There's Only US...NO DAY LIKE TODAY!

wintergreen16
#41re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/27/05 at 10:38pm

munk - sweet charity sucks, by the way, so you'd better stop while you're ahead. there's nothing deep and meaningful in that play either. we'll see how forgiving the critics are on that one.

Plum
#42re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/27/05 at 10:49pm

Once again, it isn't all about being deep and meaningful. It's about being well-crafted. Two different things.
Updated On: 4/27/05 at 10:49 PM

Apollo Profile Photo
Apollo
#43re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/27/05 at 11:19pm

The show was written, directed and produced poorly.

If you want to hear the music, just got buy a real Beach Boys album.

Isagenix World Leader in Nutritional Cleansing and Replenishing™

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#44re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/27/05 at 11:56pm

I completely understand why people didn't like Good Vibrations. I completely understand why it got the reviews it did. I completely understand why it closed when it did.

However, I'm not ashamed to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Good Vibrations. I wouldn't put it in my list of Top 100 Favorite Musicals or anything, but I definitely loved seeing it. What did I love most about it? The amazingly talented cast singing those wonderful songs... so I really don't understand when people say, "Pick up a Beach Boys album". I have 6 or 7 Beach Boys albums, including tracks of most of the songs in Good Vibrations. It's not the same. I, and many others, very much enjoyed, for example, Kate Reinder's rendition of "Your Imagination" or the incredible showstopper, "Sail on Sailor" by Tituss Burgess, David Reiser, and the Ensemble. I have no hope for a recording at this point. But I am certainly not appeased by Beach Boys CDs.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#45re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:11am

Who were the poeple in the right boxes waving those little plastic neon torches like they give out at the Magic Kindom after it gets dark? I thought the final show was great and the one girl was crying at the end. The cute one who was only there for show and did the shimmies.

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#46re: final Good Vibrations?
Posted: 4/28/05 at 1:15am

The people in the boxes were the swings

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

Videos