News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...- Page 2

Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

#25re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:17am

Oh. I didn't know his character was sick. Ok now I get it.

sorry . don't know anything about Rent except Idina got a husband and we got the second worst detective in the history of Law & Order, Martin. Followed by the worst detective, Farina.

If it wasn't for the scripts and the guest stars and NY actors, I'd stop watching.
Updated On: 5/24/05 at 12:17 AM

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#26re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:41am

Yeah that's true, Roger is supposed to be waisting away with AIDS and whatnot so I guess I could see them wanting him to look slighty underweight. People have gone to worse extremes for movies but its still a bit shocking how thin he looks in those pants. His legs are skinnier then mine! And that's saying something because I'm 5ft 3 or 4 and a tiny Asian girl. :-P Plus he's a guy, numerous inches taller and 20 years older. But I still don't quite get whey they asked Anthony to lose weight. I know they're supposed to be underfed artists and all that but he looked fine for the part before. Now he loooks so small and slim.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:45am

And, if there's any truth to camera distortions of weight, they have to make it look even more extreme. (Adam's about 5'9", so yeah... that accounts for something. re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...)

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
luvtheEmcee
#29re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:49am

uh huh.

Dreamcatcher
#30re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:55am

woah. So is Anthony taller then Adam? I read that he was 5ft 10 or something. Damn, I feel so short and small now..... *whimpers*

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

luvtheEmcee
#31re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:56am

Well, no. The numbers may be off, then. I mean, I'm 5'2", so everything is "tall" to me - Adam could be taller than 5'9" by a little bit - Anthony's taller than I expected, but definitely shorter than Adam.

I can't believe how in depth I'm discussing HEIGHT. ::shake::

Updated On: 5/24/05 at 12:56 AM

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#32re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:58am

I wonder what the height of the average BWW poster is...

I'm 5'4 and male.
Updated On: 5/24/05 at 12:58 AM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#33re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:59am

I'm 5'7 and Anthony was a bit taller than me if I remember correctly... re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

kas Profile Photo
kas
#34re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 6:46am

i can't believe i remember these gacts, but i read somewhere that adam is 5'10" my mind has an endless capacity for useless information. wherre is that quote from again?

luvtheEmcee
#35re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:54pm

I just FINALLY watched the clip - it is cute! re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

5'9", 5'10" - same difference, really. I've read stuff that states both. Somewhere I think even said 6'0".

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#36re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 8:07pm

I'm kind of glad that Spike Lee didn't end up doing the movie. I fear that he would've made it extremely heavy handed. Chris Columbus seems to be paying great respect to the material and fortunately he's blessed with such talented performers to help pull it all together.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

One Song Glory
#37re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 8:42pm

I agree, Midwest. I think that Columbus will do fine and maybe having Spike Lee wouldn't have been the best idea. I hope there's gonna be more videos and blogs soon. We can only hope.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

Dreamcatcher
#38re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:29pm

I'm 5ft 4 and female so yeah, most people seem amazingly tall to me even if they're not. Yeah I've read a wide variety of heights for Adam and Anthony so who knows. Those are just the kinds of useless things my brain keeps around for no apparent reason while I can't seem to retain biology for the life of me. Huh. Someone should just ask Anthony if/when he comes back to BWW. Might be easier then all this guess work. :-P

And yeah, I'm extremey happy with Chris Columbus's work with the movie so far. He seems to really respect the orginal material and keeping things true to the show, not sacrificing any of it for the sake of censorship and trying to change as little as humanly possible. Plus as MrMidwest said, with most of the OBC back and the Larsons working so closely with the project, I really have high hopes for this movie.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#39re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/25/05 at 3:47am

Thank you Emcee, for reminding everyone of the reason Adam has to lose weight. It's not like he's Lindsay Lohan and his weight-loss points to an eating disorder or something (god, those 4 days of Access Hollywood have ruined me...). It's just for the movie. Although I am a bit alarmed that Adam might be only an inch taller than me.

I really can't think of Chris Columbus as being hot, because he has kids that are almost my age. Ew. The whole father-figure thing has always kind of creeped me out. And while he wasn't the kind of director I'd originally imagined doing the Rent movie, he seems really dedicated to the project, so that will definitely have a positive effect on the movie.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

luvtheEmcee
#40re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:28am

(pst, Adam's also a father... just thought I'd point that out. re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...)
Anywho, yeah... but you know, that beautiful little ego of his makes him seem a few inches taller. :-P

musical medea Profile Photo
musical medea
#41re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/25/05 at 12:12pm

ok maybe its because i had a really long night last night or that im exteremly gitty about something totally not rent related, but i cant remember what the website for the movie is

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#42re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:09pm

Yeah, but Adam's children are young. Chris Columbus's daughter is only 4 years younger than me- the same age as my brother. And he's only 4 years younger than my dad, hence the father-figure more than Adam is closer to my age than my dad's, so that's why he couldn't fit into that category. That's my logic and I'm sticking to it. :)
Rent Blog

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Videos