romanov
#26re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:19pm

BobbyBubby had got a point.

BwayTheatre11
#27re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:20pm

I guess you are right.

"r u kidding me Ken ?! Why wouldnt she perform ?! Shes amazing.... Aparently you didnt look at the Tony nominations for this season or your just new to the whole Broadway thing. ANd if you have nething against Little Women or Sutton wow how is that possible ?"

re: 2005 Tony Performances

CCM '10!

#28re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:21pm

The year Busker Alley performed (from the road), they did a Broadway Across America theme or something of the sort. Weren't there also clips of Joley Fischer as Rizzo in Grease?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#29re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:25pm

Yes I remember the Grease thing too.

And not to totally Jack this thread (not that there aren't 16 other threads on this topic), but-

Grammar and Spelling are your friend, and proper use of both will make your opinion look a bit more valid. Grammar liberties are forgiven, but some of the posts on here are just careless.

Sorry, back to the Tony's-

I hear Robert Goulet is going to do a medely of Idina songs.

BwayTheatre11
#30re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:27pm

Are you talking to me, Bobby? If so, I will work on that.

CCM '10!
Updated On: 5/26/05 at 03:27 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#31re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:29pm

NO of course not hon. You are sweet.

No I was annoyed by the post you referenced, not you-

"r u kidding me Ken ?! Why wouldnt she perform ?! Shes amazing.... Aparently you didnt look at the Tony nominations for this season or your just new to the whole Broadway thing. ANd if you have nething against Little Women or Sutton wow how is that possible ?"

Seriously. It's a weird statement anyways, but the structure is my main issue.

Updated On: 5/26/05 at 03:29 PM

romanov
#32re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:33pm

BobbyBubby: Heed you own advice. You misspelled weird.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#33re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:34pm

True dat romanov. My bad. A few mistakes or liberties here and there, not a big deal, but some of these posts are just impossible.
Updated On: 5/26/05 at 03:34 PM

romanov
#34re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:38pm

Bobby: Oh, what the hell do I know? I wrote, 'heed YOU own advice.'

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#35re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:40pm

YOu bees wright and I bees wright too romanov. I so's loved Sutton's Foster ins WIttle Limen, and I thinking she should winned the baloney award for best astress in a museical. she my favorite part of broodway and i liking her singers very much.

BwayTheatre11
#36re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:47pm

I don't think using 'r' and 'u' are even "cool" to use on AIM anymore. Remember when all you would say was 'sup?'

CCM '10!
Updated On: 5/26/05 at 03:47 PM

romanov
#37re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:47pm

Bobby: Ain't that it, Shug. Ain't that it!

The pitiful thing is I've taught school for 18 years, but I guess that could make anybody stupid. You no I be wright!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#38re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:50pm

I just think if someone has an opinion that is going to be challenged they should try to get most of their words right. Like if you are going to say that Good Vibrations should win the Tony or Eden is the best actress ever.

BwayTheatre, don't even get me started on the word "sup". The gays love to use that one online.

You be the bestest speller on here romanov.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#39re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 4:18pm

Rewinding back in the thread...

Parade performed on the Tony's months after it closed.

I want to say that Marie Christine did as well, but I'm not sure about that. I do know that that was the one year Audra DIDN'T win the Tony.

From time to time, they'll do performances from road shows, like in 91, when Tommy Tune and Ann Reinking performed from Bye Bye Birdie, or Michele Belle did Old Man River from Showboat while it was still in Toronto, and occasionally, they'll bring on a Broadway veteran to perform a song...which hasn't happened in awhile. They're doing what they did last year by bring pop stars (Mary J. Blige, Tony Bennett from last year's Tony's) to sing. I pray that Jessica Simpson or Brittany Spears do not make an appearance.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#40re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 4:24pm

No performance from MARIE CHRISTINE -- it wasn't nominated for Best Musical...

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#41re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 4:26pm

You're right...My memory recollects them performing on Rosie.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#42re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 5:48pm

stupidness is not a word... Updated On: 5/26/05 at 05:48 PM

Plum
#43re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:03pm

For heaven's sake, don't make this into a "who can be the biggest grammar/spelling Nazi" thread. Personally, I consider pointless threadjacking to be a far greater crime than the occassional typo.
Updated On: 5/26/05 at 06:03 PM

Dollypop
#44re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:07pm

This year EVERY show produced on Broadway will have a 15 second excerpt performed in a montage at the beginning of the broadcast.I'm pretty sure that segment will be on tape. Can't you wait to see a snippet from DRACULA? And another one from GOOD VIBRATIONS?

Yay!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Plum
#45re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:08pm

DRACULA: Boobs!

GOOD VIBRATIONS: Boobs in bikinis!

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#46re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:14pm

Joley Fisher played Rizzo in "Grease"? This I did not know. I hate "Grease," with a hateful passion, but I love Joley Fisher. She was the BEST Sally Bowles in "Cabaret" that I saw. Totally amazing.

-Vincent

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#47re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 7:30pm

I'm listening to "The Frogs" right now. If just being amazing is reason enough for performing on The Tony's - then this is the show that should be appearing. It was truly amazing and this music is just incredible.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#48re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 11:10pm

I think Sutton will still get to perform...

gosh...Bobby thinks that she is shiznit...

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#49re: 2005 Tony Performances
Posted: 5/27/05 at 8:37am

People! It's Joely Fisher!

Videos