pixeltracker

Auditions for "Effie" in New 'Dreamgirls' Movie - NYC, LA, Atlanta- Page 2

Auditions for "Effie" in New 'Dreamgirls' Movie - NYC, LA, Atlanta

dreamboy2004
#25re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/9/05 at 4:15pm

I really wish to God I could be a fly on the wall to see these auditions for Effie. I bet anybody all the tea in china and every star in the sky that every female that audtions is going to sing And I am Telling You. I wish I was there not for the ones that can sing but for the ones who can't. Now that's entertainment. Also why,oh why do they feel the need to orginate the Dreams from Detroit. I read an interview that Beyonce gave on one of her websites where she said that she's taking time off from music to do movies. She said she was doing "The Dreamgirls" why she called it"the" dreamgirls beats me. But she also said she was co starring with Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphey,and Usher. I don't recall hearing anything about Usher and Eddie Murphey cnfirming that they are in the movie.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#26re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/9/05 at 4:23pm

http://www.moviemusicals.net - they're in it. Trust me. At least - they were offered the roles and contracts are being negotiated.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#27re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/9/05 at 5:10pm

There will also be casting calls in LA and Atlanta.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Kavana Profile Photo
Kavana
#28re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/9/05 at 5:13pm

Capn i would really like to know where your information comes from about this film, your site seems to be articles that were written by others that you tweak to make your own.

If you really want to get into it
No Official word has been announced on Jamie, Usher or Eddie
Jamie Foxx is to film another movie in Jan 06 same as DG
we will be in LA in Nov to start filming then Jan the leads come in.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#29re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/9/05 at 5:20pm

Kavana,

I never reveal my sources, unless they are online articles.

I am insulted by your tweaking comment. I admit, I am no writer, but everything posted on my website comes from direct sources from the film projects (if marked "Confirmed" or sometimes "Rumor From Valid Sources." If marked "Rumor from Unofficial Sources" or "Grain of Salt" - then the sources are unreliable.)

As for 'Dreamgirls' - trust me. Anything I post about the film is very much true.

--Aristotle

Thetruth Profile Photo
Thetruth
#30re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/9/05 at 6:31pm

Speaking of Beyonce interviews...there was one she did a couple of years ago talking about how she wanted to be in musicals like Julie Andrews, Judy Garland, etc (This was after Carmen). And she said that there was a big musical in the works for her, but she wouldn't say exactly what it was. I wonder was she talking about Dreamgirls?

It's also very interesting that Beyonce will be playing Deena considering Lauryn Hill was casted in the planned 97 version. They are so diffrent. Since, as of now, we've never seen either in the role of Deena who do ya'll think would be better?

Ronlopez
#31re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:04pm

That's right Capn Hook. Never give up your sources. I don't like the direction this film is headed in.

dreamboy2004
#32re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/10/05 at 1:29am

Although Lauryn Hill has proven herself to be fine actress with such films as Sister Act2 and we all the girl can sing like no other. I think that Beyonce is more suited for this role . The reason I say Beyonce is because her voice has softer soulful voice and Laurn Hill's voice was much more raspy.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#33re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/11/05 at 3:37am

Playbill now reports it.
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/93463.html

--Aristotle

GhettoBway Profile Photo
GhettoBway
#34re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/15/05 at 6:51pm

Jen (ME) has decided she will be going to this audition.

Im so nervous

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#35re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/15/05 at 7:01pm

Eddie is confirmed to be in Dreamgirls.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=194286>1=6657

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

FosseBoi
#36re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/15/05 at 7:04pm

GhettoBway, BREAK LOTS OF LEGS!!!! Dont be nervous! Btw, whats your avater?

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Thetruth Profile Photo
Thetruth
#37re: Audition for 'Effie' in 'Dreamgirls' Movie (New York City)
Posted: 6/15/05 at 8:58pm

Ghetto is tryin' it.

Videos