pixeltracker

FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!- Page 2

FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#25re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/20/05 at 6:46pm

Shaiman ain't writing the music for it?!

I won't bother

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#26re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:03pm

Christine Ebersole, Mary Testa and Barbara Walsh would be a good trio

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#27re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:08pm

whatever happened to supporting theatre?
this one was a no-brainer.
people have been suggesting a musicalization of the material for years.
it's an opportunity to ge three great theatre performers all on one stage..and it has a huge gay following.
sounds like a hit to me.

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#28re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:20pm

Kaitlin Hopkins or Joanna Gleason -> Annie
Christine Ebersole -> Elise
Mary Testa or Lisa Howard -> Brenda
Sara Gettlefinger -> Shelly

Oh god. I can't wait to see how they expand that one scene where Bette says "HAPPY EASTER, MORTY! *slams files down*" God, that was a classic.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#29re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/21/05 at 12:18am

Bellamy Young! Where has she been?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#30re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/21/05 at 12:54pm

I have no clue what she has been up too but I simply adored her in THE LIFE. She was cute, sassy, acted well and the bitch could sing! She gets my vote any day of the week.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

adamnyc Profile Photo
adamnyc
#31re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/21/05 at 2:36pm

I just can't see this as a musical or even as a Bway comedy- better to stay on the big screen

"I want to tell you that Elvis would be proud." I said: "Priscilla, if I get 100 bad reviews, it won't matter because of what you said."

Lucifer
#32re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/21/05 at 3:14pm

how could this possibly work as a musical? I can't see it!

~ "No, I don't want to hurt you... I only want to KILL!!!!" -Bat Boy

apdarcey
#33re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/21/05 at 3:25pm

haven't we all been saying this just forever? i would've rathered shaiman or yazbeck... but maybe as a motown musical it will work? maybe they'll write it to bring about the return of miss. j. holliday as elise? i also would like bernadette as annie (not brenda) and i'd like bette to come back as brenda!

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#34re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/21/05 at 3:34pm

aww I love this movie and the book! The trio in the movie were fabulous and I'm sure the musical is going to be a hit. This movie is so well known with such a huge following of women (and their husbands who will be forced) and gay men. I can definitely see this as a musical, a great comedy musical. I can't wait! And I would LOVE for Bette Midler to reprise her role in it. And someone mentioned Brooke Shields...I would love to see that, too, she deserves an original role.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#35re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
Posted: 6/21/05 at 4:10pm

As much as I would love to see the Divine Miss M herself doing Broadway, I hate to say that the chances of it are more than likely slim to none. She hasn't been on the boards since her Tony winning performance in Joe Layton's 'Diva's On The Half Shell' if I'm not mistaken. I think Bette would do Broadway again but I think it would be a star turn and no other woman but her above the marquis.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Videos