Broadway dreams?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:39pm

Yeah, the Emcee from Cabaret - you know, the MC (Master of Ceremonies). From the first moment of that show, I was totally fascinated by the character; if I were male and I could act/sing/dance, I think it would be my dream role.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

YessicaB
#26re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:48pm

Bummer you are not male...... re: Broadway dreams?
How old are you Em?

One Song Glory
#27re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:49pm

I had a dream that I was dancing with Anthony Rapp once.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#28re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:49pm

Nineteen. Por quoi?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Cheno'sBiggestfan Profile Photo
Cheno'sBiggestfan
#29re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:50pm

okay the cheno is in my dreams a lot and one time idina was in my dream and another time cheno and idina and were in my dream, a third time hunter foster and kristin chenoweth were in my dream. didnt we already have a thread like this somewhere?

"when i was little, i wanted to be Ethel Merman" harvey firestein

YessicaB
#30re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:54pm

Parce que I figured you are probably my age (20). Sorry my French is kinds rusty. Took it for 4 years but my grammar still stinks.

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#31re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 6:32pm

Whenever I have a theatre related dream it's always a nightmare that I'm in a show where I have no idea what I'm doing. Maybe it's a sign...lol... I hope not re: Broadway dreams?

I hold a degree in Musical Theatre from Montclair State University. It is useless. Now I'm funny for money. Oh, and I sing.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#32re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 6:49pm

I keep having really weird Broadway dreams. The other night I dreamed that Cheyenne was drunk while performing in All Shook Up and then all of a sudden Jenn Gambatese and one of my favorite ensemble members performed "Mix Tape" from Avenue Q.

And that's just one of the dreams. Very odd.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#33re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 2/4/07 at 7:46pm

I had a dream last night that I bought the Imperial Theatre for 6,000 dollars and then I lived in it. But I started getting paranoid because I thought it was haunted.

Dibbledl01
#34re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 2/4/07 at 11:12pm

I woke up in some unit with Michael Maguire and several other members of some company of Les Mis....weird...

Hugh Panaro performed for me and my friends in an audience-participation night of Phantom

there's more...but I can't remember. Must have gotten a good sleep that night to not remember them now!

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#35re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 2/4/07 at 11:21pm

My favourite dream ever was one I had where Patti LuPone, Glenn Close, and Jerry Orbach were all on "Celebrity Survivor" (the weird thing was that everyone was dressed up in evening gowns) and Patti and Glenn made an alliance and voted Jerry out of the tribe. Once voted off, Jerry high kick Glenn in the face.

T'was pretty sweet.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#36re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 2/4/07 at 11:38pm

I had a Sweeney nightmare as well. I dreamed I was watching the DVD of Sweeney, and George Hearn comes to the screen of the TV and starts slashing at the screen with his razor. I woke up inside that dream, and George was standing in the dark of my room with a razor. Then I woke up for real.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
Updated On: 2/5/07 at 11:38 PM

mauriposa
#37re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 12:14pm

Last night, I dreamt that my husband got arrested for running on the stage during Spelling Bee. We were at the reopening of the Chicago Bee and they had made all sorts of changes. Leaf got his first word wrong and then they had a swimsuit contest. It was all very strange.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#38re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 12/25/07 at 6:11am

For RC, in Austin, Texas.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#39re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 12/25/07 at 7:25am

Thanks W.B.A.F., you're a doll. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Videos