PREMIUM Seating!?!?

Fosse76
#25re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 11:09am

Sometimes shows are incosistent with it as well. They probably adjust it with demand for each performance, though the box office can override prices.

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#26re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 11:24am

It may be the fact that I do plan in advance and go for the single seats---they probably would rather sell it for the regular price than have it empty!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

#27re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 11:48am

Fosse76----I think you misunderstood---I did NOT purchase the premium seats. I would rather not buy than foster the premium policy.

Fosse76
#28re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:04pm

Perhaps...I sort of just glanced and it seemed to me that way. In my opinion, there isn't ONE show on Broadway right now that is worth paying more than $100.00 to see.

#29re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:10pm

I agree----I'm still wondering if this across-the-board premium pricing is just for the holidays or will it continue afterwards? It seems to me that it just worsened in the last few weeks. (Wicked premium prices are over $300!) I really wanted to see Eden Espinosa again, but I won't pay premium to sit in the same seats I originally paid $100 for.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#30re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 1:42pm

I don't understand...if there are seats available through premium prices, then technically the show isn't "sold-out."

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

C is for Company
#31re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 2:08pm

Then its only sold out to those who refuse to spend more than what its worth to see(not anymore) Sara Ramirez's understudy. Sorry about that one, but hey its true right? You can really get screwed with paying so much. Its a big risk and it might not pay off if you spend more than 150 to see the producers or an understudy of a tony winning actress. Im not trying to pick a fight, but see where it all comes from.
However since I'm not the one paying these prices, I won't complain. As long as Broadway continues to stay profitable, I am happy with those who spend so much on shows

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#32re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 2:21pm

Rush is available for those who cannot afford regular-priced seats. It is a limited number of seats per performance. The same amount every time. Those of us who choose to do rush pay our own price of waiting in lines, hoping to win a lottery, going back time and time again. Students can afford that

I agree with you totally. I'm a student and I live in NY and want to see every shows I can but for 100 bucks, I'd be broke so quickly. Rush helps those who can't afford it and we do pay in other ways, getting to the the theatre 5 hours early!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#33re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 3:51pm

I think that even 100 dollars is a lot for a show. I've only paid full price for one show, and that was Wicked. A lot of shows that I've gone to I dont think that they are worth the $100. I think a good price is $50 for broadway shows. It's not that I cant afford the $100, I just don't thik that it's worth it. I think anything more then $100 is just outrageous..unless it's for something special, or a benefit.
Updated On: 12/30/05 at 03:51 PM

ihearttheatre
#34re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 4:12pm

Paying such prices for 2 1/2 hours of entertianment is a little ridiculous, IMO, but many people about there are willing to do so. I do not agree with the policies, but the goal of them is to create a maximum profit. So far premium seating has proven to be a success, so I do not think it will disappear.

I rarely pay the full $100 and would never exceed that. Thankfully, discount codes, TKTS, Rush, and SRO are availible for more reasonably priced theatre tickets. Without them, I would not see nearly as many shows as I currently do.

Maybe the so-called "premium" tickets should actually be the best availible? That would make me dislike the policies a little less.

colleen_lee
#35re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 4:15pm

I guess I don't understand who would really be willing to pay premium prices.... There is not a show on the board worth paying more than the $111 for. If the only tickets for Spamalot are $250, than for christ sake, take your money and support a production that isn't trying to rip your intestines out through your anus.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#36re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:43pm

I understand the whole argument made about paying $300 for a rolling stones tickets, and how a broadway show is a good deal but then the premuim seating makes broadway for the rich. Before when good tickets were cheaper to come by it would allow everyone an equal opportunity to particpate and see the arts first hand. Now the only way to get close to the stage, if you don't have a billion dollar ticket, is to wonder down to it during intermission.
The reason I hate premium seat prices is because I'm a college student who cannot spend $300 to see Wicked or Spamalot. Now is that what we want broadway to become. A place where the rich can sit and see the white's of the performers eyes and where the poor can get nose bleeds. Also I understand the lottery argument as well, but I've done only two lotteries on broadway and lost.
I don't mean to sound angry or to go to extreme's but I LOVE BROADWAY, I LOVE THE THEATRE and to not be able to see, or to see it though only binocular's from peanut heaven? This is not what broadway is about. Broadway should be a place where true theatre lovers can come and see a show and not have to sell a kidney

lovinlife Profile Photo
lovinlife
#37re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:55pm

HELLO??? WHY ARE THERE TWO CONSECUTIVE THREADS ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT THE PRICES ARE TOO HIGH????? READ THE TOPICS BEFORE YOU POST!!!! if we don't make the theatre enough money, we wont have to worry about having bad seats. THERE WONT BE A SHOW TO GO AND SEE. Here's my post from the other PREMIUM thread.

Maybe I'm wierd. If you love theatre, and want to go, SAVE MONEY and buy tickets. I don't care if I'm in east bumble f*ck, as long as I am inside the theatre, seeing the show, and able to hear the music. So many people are saying that it's aimed to the rich and the theatres are being unfair. I think it's the people who complain about a price and want to sit Orchestra for $25.00 are being unfair!! As I posted before, I'm a young office working guy who does not make good money. I BUDGET and splurge when I need/want too. SUPPLY AND DEMAND!!!! If we dont pay for seats, there will eventually be no actors getting paid. And so on.......

"All I want is the truth, just give me some truth!"- J. Lennon

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#38re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 1/18/06 at 6:17pm

ok first off, i started this thread 1st. on december 29th. the other one was started today. *someone* didn't do a search.

second off, as i walked away from the jersey boys box office today (about an hour ago) with my row C orchetra rush seats for tonight (for $26.25), this group of 5 old people went up to the box office and said they wanted 5 tickets for tonight, and they were willing to pay premium prices. well they got their tickets, 3 of them are sitting in orch row U, on the right, and the other 2 are sitting in orch row P on the left. how much? $251.25 EACH. I'm like wo! this system is strange! i just paid 26 bucks each for my seats and they're paying $250?? i felt like i'd struck gold.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 1/18/06 at 06:17 PM

mpw607
#39re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?
Posted: 1/19/06 at 9:17am

Old People? You mean they were over 30? re: PREMIUM Seating!?!?

Videos