News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Just saw "Liza With A Z"- Page 2

Just saw "Liza With A Z"

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#25re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/4/06 at 5:07am

True story I just heard tonight...

While this concert was being edited, Fosse paced back and forth one day making everyone around him nervous. Until finally he announced to those in the room that some hot ash from a cigarette had dropped on part of the tape. Noone really knew what to say so one of the Black girl dancers broke the tension by saying something like, "It wasn't on any part that I was in, was it?"

Apparantly she got a hug from Fosse for that sassy comment and for lightening up the mood.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#26re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/4/06 at 1:07pm

Um. It really does look like she is lip synching for all the numbers that invovle dancing. Not only is the track off, but she has no microphone anywhere... until they rush her one after the dance number and then they wisk it away again right before Ring Them Bells...? It doesn't make sense... if she wasn't lip synching... where was the mic?

kmc

Jesus saves. I spend.

#27re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/4/06 at 1:21pm

Did I miss in the credit's who the dancer's were? Was one of them Vicki Frederick?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#28re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/4/06 at 2:19pm

She told a fun story about being in a hooker hotel to get ready for the taping of Liza with a Z on Letterman last Friday.

Just give the world Love.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#29re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/4/06 at 3:50pm

The NYC signing was today, did anyone go? I was not in the mood to wait on line today, so I didn't go. Getting the DVD tonight...can't wait, Liza is brilliant.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Gothampc
#30re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/4/06 at 4:16pm

Parts of this are lip synched. When she begins the Cabaret sequence she enters from the audience and sings to people. Was body mic technology that good back then? I don't think it was.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 4/4/06 at 04:16 PM

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#31re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/4/06 at 4:35pm

I caught it on Showtime On Demand and.....WOW!

I was so impressed with the Cabaret medley...I wasn't really familiar with her work in that show but she totally blew me away. Can't wait to get the DVD.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#32re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/4/06 at 6:15pm

Because there were performances on two nights that were recorded and edited together, several of the vocals ended up being different between the telecast and the album. "You've Let Yourself Go is at a slower tempo and much more emotional on the album than in the performance telecast. Some of the patter between songs also differs, not in language, but in rhythm and tempo.

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

knows_too_much Profile Photo
knows_too_much
#33re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/5/06 at 2:04am

WOW I was never much of a Liza fan, but bought it just because of Fosse. I have to say I'm a Liza fan now. This was awsome. I loved it so much more than I ever expected.

I Wish... Madeline Kahn could have played the Witch in Into the Woods. She would have rocked!

John4763
#34re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/22/06 at 9:45am

To all the "Liza with a Z" fans out there. Can anyone complete this line for me? It's from "Ring them Bells" :

Try Dubrovnik, dear, before you go home
'cause it's the kind of a town
where you'd be likely to fall
???????

jimnysf
#35re: Just saw 'Liza With A Z'
Posted: 4/22/06 at 10:02am

Til' someone said try Dubrovnik, dear, before you go home.
'Cause it's the kind of a town where you'll be likely to fall,
And all the Czechs find the Balkans a ball.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.
Updated On: 4/22/06 at 10:02 AM

Videos