News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Chicago Bee

bway_baby Profile Photo
bway_baby
#25re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/26/06 at 12:47am

Well, actually, theres "Wicked," "Spamalot," "Spelling Bee" not to mention all the smaller professional companies and productions going on all the time, as well as the non professional shows.

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#26re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/26/06 at 3:56am

I was being sarcastic. This city has more working actors than New York or LA, of course there is theatre!

Brokenlizard14 Profile Photo
Brokenlizard14
#27re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/26/06 at 10:19am

Bway_Baby,
I agree with you on Christine and Derrick, never got to see Jen, we had her understudy.

Derrick is the best. I absolutely love him. Brad Weinstock is a fantastic Chip too. I can't wait, I get to see the show again at the end of the month. YES!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#28re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/26/06 at 4:13pm

I hope everyone is in tonight!!

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#29re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/26/06 at 5:23pm

Derrick should be there tonight - he's a friend of mine and my sister is actually picking him up after the show today, so unless he gets suddenly ill, he should be performing!

Enjoy the show!

icantbelive
#30re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/26/06 at 11:11pm

I've seen it the second or third night it started, but they probobly made changes. It was incredible, i thought that the weak one was Chip, the charecter needed to be more developed.

James Earl Jones Jr. and James Earl Jones have no relationship (Read it in the Trib.)

One of the audience members black berry went flying across the stage during "Pandemonium"

OverTheBoone
#31re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/26/06 at 11:26pm

I'm going to see Spelling Bee in Chicago on the 15th of June. I am quite excited! I'm glad the theatre is kind of small, though, because I don't have the best of seats.

Mr. Peanut Man
#32re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/26/06 at 11:33pm

I saw this show back on April 28. It was one of the best times I have ever had in theater. All my female friends fell in love with Derrick Trumbly's Leaf Coneybear. Overall, it was all that I had hoped for and more. The best part was my friend Callie was chosen to be a speller which made the experience even greater. That night we had Christine Bunnan in for the role of Marcy Park. If someone hadn't told me she was the standy, I wouldn't have noticed. She was excellent. Don't worry about seats, I was the second from last row and had a great view.
Updated On: 5/26/06 at 11:33 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#33re: Chicago Bee
Posted: 5/27/06 at 12:21am

Home from the Chicago Bee!! Review coming soon!

Videos