News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bway_baby

bway_baby Profile Photo
Member Name: bway_baby
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Two Male Comical Duet
 Jul 11 2006, 01:07:38 AM
"Agony" from Into The Woods
Several Songs from the Producers

re: Wicked in Chicago last night (7/1)
 Jul 9 2006, 02:57:16 PM
I used to work there. The dragon most definitely moves - just depends on how much energy the stagehand that moves it puts into it every show.

Yep, that's all I have to say about that!

re: Amanda Bynes
 Jul 6 2006, 03:09:58 PM
Well I think that she's a good fit for this kind of part and wouldn't worry at all if it weren't for the singing. As long as she can belt that high and not kill the music I don't care and look forward to seeing her.

It kind of confuses me as to why/how though some people on these message boards make it sound like it's easy to sing Penny's part, or anything for that matter. Everything you hear on stage and on the cd is technique, no matter how easy it sounds. Just because you can carry a

Amanda Bynes
 Jul 6 2006, 05:12:44 AM
Question: Can she actually SING the part of Penny or are they going to dub her? Or are they just going to lower things for her to sing like they did for Uma Thurman in The Producers? (not like that helped her performance, in my opinion.)

Just curious because I can see her playing Penny based on personality/looks alone, but you have to really be able to sing to play that part and I've never heard of her having the pipes to do it.

TONY AWARDS
 May 26 2006, 12:50:21 AM
This is probably an INCREDIBLY stupid question but I have been so busy with work this year that I have fallen out of the loop, so...

WHO IS HOSTING THE TONY AWARDS THIS YEAR?!

re: Chicago Bee
 May 26 2006, 12:47:36 AM
Well, actually, theres "Wicked," "Spamalot," "Spelling Bee" not to mention all the smaller professional companies and productions going on all the time, as well as the non professional shows.
re: Chicago Bee
 May 26 2006, 12:46:02 AM
Jen is really, really good and a really nice person as well. Derrick is EXCELLENT and I have to say Christine Werny is pretty good, too (went to school with her.) The whole cast is very talented and I would recommend this show to anyone.
re: LaSalle Bank Theatre Opening...(Chicago)
 May 26 2006, 12:44:01 AM
Well, the actual opening was last night (Wednesday) with a concert from Michael Crawford. I went and it was FANTASTIC. That man is amazing.
re: Broadway revival of Hair
 May 7 2006, 09:15:59 PM
Yeah, I love hair, but it would do better off broadway if it does well at all. It's not shocking anymore nor is the subject matter completely relevant to today unless you tweaked it a bit.
re: Kate Reinders to be Glinda on Bway- May 30
 May 7 2006, 04:28:03 AM
Hehe I knew about this a while ago I am so happy that she is going to Broadway... she is such a talent and nice as well... I only wish her the best of luck!

Yay Kate :)

re: Work Suprise!
 May 7 2006, 04:23:31 AM
Haha... no.
Work Suprise!
 May 6 2006, 07:54:07 PM
I was working at Starbucks today working register and all of a sudden I looked up and who was standing in front of me? Kristen Chenoweth. Yep, I waited on Kristen Chenoweth today :) She seemed really nice... It was wierd putting her name in for the drink without having to ask her for it like I knew her, but, it was cool. Who woulda thought, huh? :)
Rent
 Apr 30 2006, 02:50:28 AM
Does anybody else NOT like Rent?

Just wondering, because while it's ok, I don't think it's amazing or even that great.

Favorite Phantom?
 Apr 26 2006, 01:05:20 AM
Who is your favorite Phantom? Just out of curiosity. I usually don't post things like this but, what the heck, I'm bored.

I go with Michael Crawford all the way.

re: Wicked (Chicago) Oh My (AEA) and Goodness
 Apr 20 2006, 01:23:02 AM
Yeah everyone is equity, but that should have nothing to do with their performance. Equity doesn't mean that you are BETTER than non equity - you've either worked more in your career thus far or have chosen to go equity when some people decide not to. There are plenty of actors who are equity who kind of suck and non equity actors who are wonderful.

Just depends on each actor's situation...

re: Sarah Jane Everman
 Apr 19 2006, 03:24:05 AM
I think she's going to NY to do another show. Not sure though.
re: Things that annoy you...
 Apr 18 2006, 05:49:17 PM
I get annoyed when all people can talk about is "Wicked" and "Rent" and when people who "looove" musicals can only talk about those two shows - ask them if they've ever heard of "Legs Diamond" or "Big River" and they look at you like you have two heads. Also:

-when people ask me if I've ever heard of "Wicked" when they hear I'm a musical theatre major.
-when people bash ALW and talk about Sondheim like he's god... he may not be your favorite, but get over it. He's turned out some s

Michael Crawford concert
 Apr 17 2006, 04:13:22 AM
Anybody else going to the Michael Crawford concert at the Lasalle Bank Theatre in Chicago in May?

I am SO excited... he's my idol. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You