pixeltracker

Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06 **Updated with Review- Page 2

Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06 **Updated with Review

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#25re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 1:07am

I LOVED the Thenardiers, particularly Mme., as portrayed by Jennifer Butts.

Just one Butt. re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#26re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 1:16am

Thanks Lizzie. re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#27re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 3:22am

Haha, yeah there are some interesting names in the cast. :)

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

Colle
#28re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 8:19am

If you saw Marissa McGowan as Eponine, willact4food, I think you were lucky. I hope I get to see Marissa as Eponine in July.

willact4food Profile Photo
willact4food
#29re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 2:22pm

neddy, I don't understand what you're saying. I was told he fell through a trap door on BWay. In the touring production, he just falls on the floor and then it goes black.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#30re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 2:31pm

I'm going this Sunday to the 8 O'Clock Show. I'm very excited because this is going to be my first time ever to see the show.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#31re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 2:36pm

What? There wasn't a trap on Broadway. The bridge goes up, Javert "falls" and there's a "water" light effect while he "drowns" (rolls). It can look silly or impressive, depending on the actor.

I once saw a LMSE where the Javert did a swan dive off the back of a structure and I assume there was some impressive padding back there, and another where the kid leapt off of a precariously hanging beam onto a mattress somewhat disguised by dry ice. While the first was somewhat impressive, I can't say that either was a great improvement over the professional concept. It'd be interesting to see a different effect in the professional production, but I'd be a bit afraid of the hijinks that could result (or possible injury). re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#32re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 2:37pm

I've always seen Javert just fall on the ground, even on broadway.

I wish I was able to see an Eponine understudy. I think I've seen the show about 6 or 7 times in the past year and a half, and I seem to see Melissa every time...why?! lol

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

willact4food
#33re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 2:37pm

Hmm, who knows? But I just thought it looked very corny with him jumping. It would be much more effectful if he put a gun up to his head.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#34re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 2:40pm

I think that I hear Victor Hugo crying. re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#35re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 2:59pm

The production has always featured the jumpig off of the bridge. And why would they change his method of suicide? He jumps in the book, so he jumps in the play.

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#36re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 3:18pm

When I saw the show 17 years ago, I thought the suicide was a beautiful effect, so simple.

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

neddyfrank2
#37re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 3:25pm

I thought the suicide was VERY powerful and beautiful.

LizzieCurry
#38re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/23/06 at 9:37pm

Hmm, who knows? But I just thought it looked very corny with him jumping. It would be much more effectful if he put a gun up to his head.

Effectful isn't even a word.

I won't touch the rest of what you said...

willact4food
#39re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/24/06 at 12:32am

God forbid I misspell a word. Damn me to hell.

And I wasn't saying change the suicide. I believe it would of been much more clear to people what just happened if he would of done something more obvious. Many people around me were confused, and understandably so.

LizzieCurry
#40re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
Posted: 6/24/06 at 12:42am

You can't mispell it if it's not already a word!

Videos