Eden Espinosa in Wicked

COOOOLkid
#25re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/16/06 at 12:09am

Funny how people who love Wicked tends to get really critical of the performers when it comes to Wicked, yet they love the show no matter what. Something I've noticed, that's all.

And yeah, some of the way how Eden sings the songs are a bit different, but that gives a unique new experience. It may be bad, it may be great. In my opinion, she's a great performer.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Christopher Gough Profile Photo
Christopher Gough
#26re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/16/06 at 3:45am

I have only seen two of the London previews of 'Wicked' and therefore only seen Idina Menzel in the role of Elphaba. Her performance of 'Defying Gravity' and 'No Good Deed' on the second occasion 'blew me away'. I'm sure Eden Espinosa's and the other leading ladies' performances have their own kind of power too.

It made me think that the other person who deserves praise is Stephen Schwartz for providing these wonderfully talented actors with the vehicles in which to showcase their awesome powers.

Charlayne Vivika Profile Photo
Charlayne Vivika
#27re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/16/06 at 4:15am

Sadly, I am still too young to play Madame Morrible.

#28re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/18/06 at 9:55pm

i like her as an actresss .. she is wonderful
does anyone know if her and aaron lohr are still
dating ??

i really hope NOT

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#29re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/18/06 at 10:03pm

(Didn't know about that, but) Eden and Aaron would be cute together. Do you not like him?

Charlayne, you've returned!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#30re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/18/06 at 10:14pm

The Eden/Aaron thing is funny because I had just wondered the same thing the other day.

My friend is ushering for NYMF and spotted Eden at Aaron's show, Alive in the World Sunday night and they seemed "together."

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#31re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/18/06 at 10:49pm

no she's not. sry, i work at the theater, its a completely new cast. re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked

eden is not in it

I'm talking about the los angeles cast, for those who r confused

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...
Updated On: 9/18/06 at 10:49 PM

OrdinaryJukebox
#32re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/18/06 at 10:54pm

I love Eden, despite what I've read/heard about her. Everytime I see her, she does quite well. I'm glad I get to see her again before she leaves! This Sat. Yay!

-Vincent

Chanticleer148 Profile Photo
Chanticleer148
#33re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/19/06 at 6:14am

Eden was great! Probably the best I've seen.

landryjames
#34re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/19/06 at 11:20am

I have seen three Elphabas. Idina is my favorite; I did not like Shoshana at all.

I just saw Eden a few months ago. She was fine in the first Act, but dynamically stepped it up in the second half. To echo what everyone else has said--her "No Good Deed" is overwhelmingly out of this world.

One character choice I noticed about Eden not present in the other Elphabas is the way she delivers her lines as Act Two progresses. She delivers them more and more like Margaret Hamilton in The Wizard of Oz as she becomes more and more "Wicked." I thought that was fantastic. I started to mention this to my friend who had also seen Eden, and she finished my thought as she thought the same thing as well. I love that little nuance that Eden throws in there throughout the second half--intentional or not.

BwayLeadman
#35re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/19/06 at 11:45am

Yes, it is her intention. In Broadway.com's "ask a star" someone asked if Eden thinks about Margaret's performance in the movie and her answer was "for act 2, she does"

Anyways, thanks for the review. I am most likely going to catch the show tomorrow for my second time. (1st time saw Original Cast) Hope she's as good as you all say she is. : )

#36re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/19/06 at 6:05pm

ME ? not like aaron ?!?!?
NO IM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH HIM !
i dont like eden for dating him ..
lol .. i was trying to figure out
it the other day cause i havnt seen
pictures of them together in a while
so ..

i love her as an actress though

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#37re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/19/06 at 6:11pm

Stephanie J Block does not scream. She really is one of the only consistently great Elphabas. My opinion...

#38re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/21/06 at 8:13pm

whoever saiddd
"My friend is ushering for NYMF and spotted Eden at Aaron's show, Alive in the World Sunday night and they seemed "together."

noooooo!
sigh . thats poo

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#39re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/21/06 at 8:59pm

Aww...I wish I could get to NY and see Eden before she leaves. I think she is amazing. Thanks for the review!

PJ
#40re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/21/06 at 11:33pm

I saw Eden this evening as Elphaba--the first time since last January when she took over. She's still quite good in the role. And I agree with the others, her "No Good Deed" is outstanding.

The bad right now at the Gershwin is Miss Reinders. Oh my goodness, she was so obnoxious as Glinda. I did not care for her interpretation at all, or the way she talk-sang 90% of the score.

actor
#41re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/22/06 at 8:31am

Funny how people who love Wicked tend to get really critical of the performers when it comes to Wicked, yet they love the show no matter what.

I agree. The Wicked fans tend to be the ones who bash the performers the most.

actor
#42re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:20pm

I have a question - what is the technical name for the trap door Elphaba comes through during the intro to No Good Deed. My son has a slight...obsession with trap doors and he won't stop asking me about them.

Also, does anyone have any idea how she gets on to it, where she gets on it, and the mechanics of it all?

It sounds crazy, but my son won't stop asking.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#43re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:26pm

27 times is just freakish sorry. For a show that's only been around for 3 years. That really scares me.

Time for a new hobby?

JLY's Jersey Gal Profile Photo
JLY's Jersey Gal
#44re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:26pm

I don't know.

"Awww! Boo!"

JLY's Jersey Gal
#45re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:27pm

I don't know.

"Awww! Boo!"

actor
#46re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:32pm

27 times is kind've freakish I suppose...

Whatever. I like the show. It's the same as liking a movie. You watch it again and again and it never gets old.

snl89
#47re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:51pm

hahha, dont worry, if I lived in the city I'd see many shows way more than that :P seriously, my rent,wicked, and wedding singer counts would be entirely scary. So, I suppose its proobably a good thing I dont live too near the city and therefore have never seen any show more than twice. haha

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

JLY's Jersey Gal
#48re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:51pm

amen.

"Awww! Boo!"

actor
#49re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:59pm

Haha. I used to have a connection with a cast member of Wicked. So therefore, I went to see the show a couple times to see my friend (who was an understudy) be in a lead role.

But whatever, Wicked's a good show and I saw it 27 times because I love it.

Videos