pixeltracker

HISTORY BOYS' final performance- Page 2

HISTORY BOYS' final performance

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#25re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:26pm

Oh don't worry, you definitely did. James did say that today, that it was small, it was hysterical.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

smashingasian
#26re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:33pm

I've read the play twice and I couldn't help but notice, that they cut out the scene where Rudge wins the money in the kitty. For some strange reason, I could have sworn that scene was there when I saw the show in August. I must be imagining things or something.

After Richard said the final lines of the show, I saw some of the boys tearing up. Sam was sniffling when it was almost blackout. Then I saw him wiping tears away during the curtain call. That was a moment right there for me!

bythesword84
#27re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:38pm

Yeah the scene where Rudge wins the money wasn't in the show any of the times I saw it, which spans from April through today's show...I saw it quite a lot. Though I'd not have objected if any of the cut scenes were added back in.

smashingasian
#28re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:43pm

Yeah, thats what I thought.

I wonder how the movie will be like. I'm sure there will be some cuts and added lines. I can't wait til it comes out here in the states. I'm sure there'll be some coverage from the premiere over in London tomorrow evening or so.

bythesword84
#29re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:46pm

Well based on the trailers, there's more Fiona than is in the play, and I believe they added two more teachers though I don't know if they're major characters or not. They're supposed to be releasing the screenplay, or at least a book about the movie, at some point. No matter what, I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#30re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/1/06 at 11:48pm

Sounds fantastic, sorry I wasn't able to make it.

Oh, and the newest issue of VMAN has an article and pic of the boys, FYI.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

sarbear2
#31re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 12:03am

everythingtaboo, is there any chance of you scanning the article and picture (which is quite amazing- I saw the VMAN website)? I don't even know where to start in finding a copy of VMAN- I haven't seen it at Barnes & Noble or Borders.

God is dead. Shit lives.
Updated On: 10/2/06 at 12:03 AM

GEA113 Profile Photo
GEA113
#32re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 12:42am

sarbear2 (you're my fav. fyi)
haha... you're so precious to start a post. i'm glad we both have an account to this thing

and yes, you are obsessed
and yes, i did have my mourning-moments of silence like you told me to do this morning

i'm soooo sad they're gone...
but, for me- i'm gonna pretend i'm that girl @ that party .... u know it!

this show was incredible - i only saw it once in july, but had many heartwarming encounters with the boys in the streets... YES, the streets... ahh- unforgettable!
i wish them the best of luck

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#33re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 12:44am

if your in England
tell me if there is any partial Nudity in the movie
OK?

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#34re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 12:44am

thanks for the reports!

It's good to see all teh History Boys fans!!!!

I'm QUITe jealous of all of you who went and especially all of you who got Jamie bear-hug pictures!!

btw- did anything special happen in the "Posner's Reward" scene?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

bythesword84
#35re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 1:02am

Actually the Posner's Reward scene played pretty much the same as normal, aside from the obvious energy they all had.

smashingasian
#36re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 1:10am

From where I was sitting, it looked almost as if Dominic was going to kiss Sam! He kinda leaned in, then went straight to hugging him. Gotta love the Dakin ass-grab haha

bythesword84
#37re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 1:21am

Oh, right, well yes but thats not abnormal...or at least he did that Saturday night as well so I didn't take it as such.

Not that I was there Saturday night too...okay, I was.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#38re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 7:43am

Back to the Rudge Pet Shop Boys bit...I think of all the cuts they made from the original script, I miss this being in there the most. I thought it was great that after everyone thinking him the dimmest of the lot, he gets in to Oxford, he's the one to finally get that part of the game ("whether it's his crap or our crap," etc) and being the one to come full circle and win the kitty. Don't know why they cut that, really.

And I was really hoping for a little something extra in the "Posner's reward" bit. I thought it would have been a riot if Sam had just up and planted one on Dominic!

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

bythesword84
#39re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 1:10pm

I don't know if you have the CD of the radio version but the cut Rudge scene is on it.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#40re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 1:38pm

I do have the radio broadcast (thank you eBay). It's great. I think it's a shame that more great shows aren't able to be so well-preserved, having a radio recording, movie, what more could a fan ask for?!

Anyway, I really do wish they'd kept that in. Sounds like it was scrapped from the film as well, which I suppose isn't surprising. There's an interesting article that someone copied onto imdb and Nick Hytner mentioned that it was in the first draft of the screenplay and then was cut (I believe the article said "screenplay," so I'm assuming that it was brought back for the film and then re-cut/that he wasn't speaking of the stage version being cut?? Either way, I think it's a shame).

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

bythesword84
#41re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 2:14pm

The radio broadcast is great, though I've never particularly warmed to Irwin not being Stephen Campbell Moore.

bdwybelle
#42re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 4:34pm

I went to the last performance of History Boys, making that my second time and it was a WONDERFUL performance. Absolutely hilarious, and heartbreaking.

Yes, the part with Dominic and the pants was hilarious. I was sitting in the Orchestra on the left and I could see him behind the door pulling up his pants and putting the sock down, and I was thinking "I don't remember this from before?" and there was a reason for that.
It was funny to see Posner crack up.

They all hammed it up making it a great and emotional performance.

And the curtain call went on for a LONG time. A very well deserved curtain call!

I'm going to miss this show!

sarbear2
#43re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 4:36pm

I was particularly horrified when I realized that Stephen Campbell Moore wasn't on the recording of the BBC broadcast. Geoffrey Streatfield is NOT Irwin.... and SCM is perfection in the role.

On another note, I'm still mourning the show closing. I may wear black for a year... or at least until the movie's out in the States. :)

God is dead. Shit lives.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#44re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 4:42pm

Iwant reports from the movie! NOW! re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

bdwybelle
#45re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 4:59pm

I agree! I am really sad that it's over! BUT... I realized that I can watch the movie as much as I want when it comes out. lol.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#46re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 5:24pm

My little sister is going to a special screening Wednesday night, with the boys and the team. She's very excited about it, and I'm hoping she'll have some views to report back about the movie.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#47re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 5:43pm

I have a friend who's leaving for England for 3 weeks next Monday, so I'll have an early review to pass along too.

And I totally agree, re: Stratfield. It's definitely a disappointment that SCM couldn't be on the radio recording as well. He definitely grew on me as the run went along, and I thought he gave a particularly great performance last night. He looked SO exhausted when he came out the stage door. Totally spent.

sarbear2
#48re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 7:10pm

PICTURES FROM THE PREMIERE ARE UP!

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c72018197%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/default.stm

Somehow I feel like prowling for HB images instead of doing college applications is going to bite me in the ass... Oh well. The boys are worth it, don't you think?

God is dead. Shit lives.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#49re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
Posted: 10/2/06 at 7:28pm

Thanks, sar! Now get back to your college applications (they're a bitch, aren't they?!?)

What's with excessive pictures of Georgia Taylor (Fiona). Is she very popular in the UK?

Videos