pixeltracker

"DREAMGIRLS" film is EW's Cover Story this week!- Page 2

"DREAMGIRLS" film is EW's Cover Story this week!

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#25re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 12:13pm

anika.. wow

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#26re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 12:13pm

double Updated On: 11/12/06 at 12:13 PM

ceeejaye
#27re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:21pm

Can someone tell me why the long wait until it comes out on DVD next Christmas 2007? Noramlly films out on dvd within 6 months, why is this different?
Updated On: 11/12/06 at 01:21 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#28re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:34pm

You is be confused.

DREAMGIRLS opens in select theatres in the next few weeks. It opens nationwide on December 25th. The DVD is slated for release this March 2007.

For Christmas 2007, the film is being re-released in theatres in an Extended Director's Cut version, which of course will later be available on DVD.

Tons of films have done this with most overgoing the theatre re-release and just going directly onto DVD in their Extended Director's Cut versions. Peter Jackson is well-known for doing this -- he's released the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy on DVD in a regular theatrical version and later in Expanded Director's Cut versions (his KING KONG remake gets the Extended Director's Cut DVD release this Tuesday, November 14).

Hope this helped clear-up any confusion.

ceeejaye
#29re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:37pm

Yes thanks for the clarification, I cannot wait to see it. I am going to the LA Premier and afterpary on 12/11.

BrodyFosse123
#30re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:43pm

I'm fortunate to be seeing the 'final' cut of the film this Wednesday night. There have been a few additions and changes made to the film since those infamous 'test' screenings a few months ago. Well...it's the final cut version of DREAMGIRLS Vers.1.0. re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!

Can NOT wait! re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!

Yankeefan007
#31re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 6:28pm

Why is there a photo of "Effie replacement Sharon Leal"?

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#32re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 9:08pm

BrodyFosse123-where are you seeing it? I'm going to a trade screening on Thursday afternoon @ the Ziegfeld. Very excited!

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 11/12/06 at 09:08 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#33re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 9:12pm

I'm also seeing it on Wednesday.

According to my source, the studio will NOT be releasing the film to theatres next year as a Director's Cut. A Director's Cut DVD will be released Christmas 2007.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

BrodyFosse123
#34re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 9:15pm

Miami on Wednesday night. There's a private 'invitation only' press screening happening nationwide that night. From what I've heard, they're expecting lots of 'crashers', so the 'if your name isn't on the list, you ain't goin' in' policy is heavily being enforced. I almost had to send in a blood sample just to get approved, it seems (kidding, but it was that difficult).

Ouch! re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!

Casey3
#35re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 11:47pm

I, too, got an "invitation only" to Dreamgirls on Wednesday here in Chicago.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#36re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
Posted: 11/12/06 at 11:53pm

they all look GORGEOUS! I cannot wait to see this movie.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Videos