pixeltracker

Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?- Page 2

Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#25re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/1/06 at 10:29am

How did things get so desperate at The Producers so quickly? One week we thought they were just hitting some bad grosses, the next week Tony Danza and now possibly Mario Lopez are being put into the show. Very strange, indeed.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#28re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/1/06 at 1:34pm

So nu, Fosse? Mario couldn't maybe be a SEPHARDIC Jew?

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#29re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/1/06 at 1:52pm

I like Mario. I *LOVE* THE PRODUCERES. I can't see him in the show at all- in any role.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

WalkOn
#30re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/1/06 at 1:53pm

Nathan Lane isn't Jewish, he is Catholic.

It has to do with a comic attitude and sensibility... Lopez and others my not posses it, but clearly it is not inherent in only one race of people.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you'll never walk alone.

worrell4077
#31re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/1/06 at 2:10pm

He won't do it cause like so many people said before this he's afraid he'll embrass himself.

I'm going to see Danza in January when I'm off from school, but the real reason that I'm seeing it, is to see Roger Bart.

I think maybe they should've tried for John O'Hurley for Max, instead of Tony Danza. I don't know why but I just see him as Max.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#32re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/1/06 at 3:01pm

I think Danza is a disastrous idea. Might as well get Mario in there now. Who cares, really?

i_heart_roger_bart Profile Photo
i_heart_roger_bart
#33re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/19/06 at 5:02am

Oy, god.. why? First Danza now this? But in speaking with a one Hunter Foster and a one John Treacy Egan on Sunday afternoon, they both hinted at returning to their roles. So, it is my guestimation that they will close the show. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure. And if that happens, I will not have to throw myself off a building for the poor Bialystock casting.

Trust me when I say, I will see the (what I like to call) The Tony Danza Comedy Hour for pure comedic effect and to watch Roger Bart carry the show.

I'm done babbling.

We were fated to be mated. We're Bialystock & Bloom!

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#34re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/19/06 at 11:48am

just an idea (since I also dislike Mario since he still to this day reminds me of the creepo A.C Slater):

I saw an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry David and Ben Stiller/Shwimmer (didn't spell it right I know!!) were in the rolls and you know what....NOT THAT BAD! If the ship is going to sink w/ Danza and Lopez, why not try these two?? If anything Larry David will improv the funniest lines into it.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#35re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/19/06 at 11:59am

Mario Lopez as the timid Leo Bloom? Absolutely not. As the flamboyant Carmen Ghia? Perhaps.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

i_heart_roger_bart Profile Photo
i_heart_roger_bart
#36re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/31/06 at 5:00pm

LOL!!!!!! I can just see him prancing around in the black Carmen Ghia catsuit now. And it's terrifying. =)

I'm going to be brave and go see what has now been called "The Roger Bart Show featuring Tony Danza" this week. Hopefully I won't feel like putting my cigarette out in Danza's eye afterwards.

We were fated to be mated. We're Bialystock & Bloom!

Yankeefan007
#37re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/31/06 at 5:02pm

Danza didn't suck.

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#38re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/31/06 at 5:23pm

I heard they changed some lines for Danza since he isn't fat. I'm wondering now, did anyone think to throw in a reference to the "Danza Slap" during his escapades in Little Old Lady Land?

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#39re: Mario Lopez to be Broadways new Leo Bloom?
Posted: 12/31/06 at 6:43pm

"There weren't any Mexican's in New York during the 50's working as accountants."

*that is really racist.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Videos