Hairspray love thread.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#25re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 1:59am

Did CoCo just threadjack her own thread again?
Oh, well.
Good luck to Marty and the rest of his talented cast. Fame Became You.

PEACE.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#26re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 2:03am

Ha. Well, it is a thread about Hairspray love. If you do six degrees of Hairspray love you get Marc Shaiman. Marc wrote Martin's show so there. I will miss seeing Marc in that Estelle get up. Marc Shaiman is very funny. I hope he performs in another show soon. He is hysterical. (la la la la)

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#27re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:38am

Six Degrees?

One Degree. Marc was involved with both productions. That's not Six Degrees...

Just sayin

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

bunger12
#28re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 3:14pm

Corine -- if you saw the show last Sunday, (1/7) then you didn't see Diana DeGarmo. She's out until Friday, I believe! I just read on your blog how much you loved her as Penny, but you saw Leslie Goddard play the part. Looks like you may have to go again before February!

I'm sad to see Aaron Tveit and Lisa Jolley go. She cracks me up, and she's the first Matron I've heard who can actually SING!

FutureElphie Profile Photo
FutureElphie
#29re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 3:44pm

I LOVE Hairspray!!! I just saw it in the end of December, and fell inlove with it!!!! there wasn't one part where I wasn't smiling or laughing. =D would see it again in seconds!

-I couldn't help it Janet! She was just like you, only french... ~Robert-The Drowsy Chaperone~

ABoyLikeThat
#30re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 3:51pm

bunger12, I'm pretty sure she said she saw it Saturday, so she did see Diana DeGarmo.

I adore Hairspray. Everything about that show is great. It's got a great score and book and is just a ton of fun. Great cast too, from the leads to the ensemble. I adored Shannon, Tevin and Diana in it. Tevin/Diana are adorable together and have great chemistry onstage (probably my top Seaweed/Penny pairing).

bunger12
#31re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 3:54pm

"bunger12, I'm pretty sure she said she saw it Saturday, so she did see Diana DeGarmo."

-oh! okay, my bad!

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#32re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 4:19pm

i LOVE LOVE LOVE hairspray re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
i've seen it on broadway close to 40 times, with many different cast members, and every single time it's fabulous!

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#33re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 6/4/07 at 9:32pm

I LOVE HAIRSPRAY!!! I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT 9 MONTHS BEFORE I SAW IT!! im the worst one...haha...

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#34re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 6/4/07 at 9:42pm

WITHOUT HAIRSPRAY, LIFE IS LIKE THE SEASONS WITH NO SUMMER.
<3

I love HAIRSPRAY!
I've seen it three times.
And so many more times to come!

re: Fame Becomes Me love thread..

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#35re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 6/4/07 at 9:43pm

I saw it twice on Broadway (with the original cast) and just last month in Iowa City, Iowa with a friend. He told me he was on a "Hairspray High" for several days afterwards! It looks like it's coming to Cedar Rapids (for one night only) on October 31.

Movie Quotes Updated On: 6/4/07 at 09:43 PM

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#36re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 6/4/07 at 10:04pm

I think that HAIRSPRAY may be the equivalent to crack. It's SOOOOOO addictive! I wore my CD out so much that I Know Where I've Been doesn't play all the way through! I hope that when the rights become available a local theatre will produce so I can be in it! I LOVE THE 'SPRAY!

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#37re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 6/4/07 at 10:17pm

Yeah, I only had the chance to see it once, but it was heaven.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#38re: Fame Becomes Me love thread.
Posted: 6/4/07 at 10:27pm

i asked my music director, but we dont have enough diversity...

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Videos