Hairspray love thread.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 12:47am

Just wanted to post some love for one of my favorite shows.
Saw Hairspray yesterday, loved every single second. Go and see it. I CAN HEAR THE BELLS! Blake was an amazing Edna. Especially when he cracked up. LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Updated On: 1/8/07 at 12:47 AM

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#2re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 1:02am

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
What's this make? Ten times? Twenty?
You go, Hairhopper!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 1:23am

re: Hairspray love thread.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

jimnysf
#3re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 2:10am

I love this show! I'd see it every month if I could. I've seen many different casts including NYC and on the Equity Tour and it always delivers the goods.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#4re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 3:05am

I guess I sort of like this show a little.

:P

Akiva

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#5re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 7:56am

Hairspray *IS* a gift to Broadway.
May it run long and prosper!
(I've now seen it 9 times)

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

NathanLaneStalker
#6re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 8:01am

^What he said!

I love the show!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#7re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 8:11am

I lost count, but I think I've seen it about 15 times!! I love it. It always makes me happy. Gotta love those front row lottery seats.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#8re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 8:29am

34 times in almost two years, with many more to come. I adore this show, and I agree with Dottie, the lottery seats are the best! In my opinion, there is no finale more energetic than "You Can't Stop the Beat".

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

Fosse76
#9re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 11:00am

"Blake was an amazing Edna. Especially when he cracked up."

I can't stand him. And his "cracking" is so staged I can't believe you fell for it. All he and Stephen DeRosa do is growl at each other.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#10re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 11:29am

Fosse... It's a LOVE thread...

Keep the negativity to yourself.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Broadwayfan120791 Profile Photo
Broadwayfan120791
#11re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 6:20pm

seen this show 2 times ! and loved it both times
I'd say this is probably one of the most entertaining shows to watch on broadway right now...it has so much energy to it, you never get bored with the show, and the songs & dialogue is very upbeat.

I'm really sad to see Aaron Tveit leaving though re: Hairspray love thread. ...he was definetly one of my favorites in the show.

Come on babe we're gonna paint the town...and all that jazz...

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#12re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 6:43pm

Haha, three words...Love This Show!

FindingNamo
#13re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 7:17pm

I've seen Hairspray well over two times. With all of the great Ednas.

I love that picture of Harvey above.

Step one: Cut a hole in the box.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

To The Stage!
#14re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 7:23pm

I love Hairspray. One of my faves. :)

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#15re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 7:55pm

im somewhere close to 100 visits to the 'spray...

... thats kinda scary.

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#16re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 7:57pm

i love hairspray! I saw it with the original cast with kerry butler! who i adore. it is fantastic.

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#17re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 10:08pm

Saw the show two times on the Equity tour and once on the non-equity tour. I love this show!

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#18re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 10:14pm

Seen the show numerous times! It CANT'T get old! I love every bit of it!

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#19re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 10:43pm

great show

Can, can I have it?

Parks
#20re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 11:14pm

Only seen it once on Broadway back in March--but it was amazing. Probably my favorite Broadway show re: Hairspray love thread.. You Can't Stop The Beat was AMAZING--I remember describing it as, "my favorite moment I've ever spent in a theater". I can't wait to see it again!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#21re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 11:34pm

vegas hairspray will always be my favorite....ive seen em all! R.I.P.

Your fupa is showing.

Mateo2
#22re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/8/07 at 11:53pm

I've seen Hairspray 14 times because of Diana Degarmo but I've rediscovered Darlene Love from my teens. She's still fantastic.
John Pinette or Blake Hammond; to close to call. Shannon or Michelle; love them both.

Best finale on Broadway

I may go again after Diana leaves on Feb 11th but I cannot imagine anyone else as Penny.

"The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived". Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance, Act 3

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#23re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 1:41am

I *love* Darlene Love. She is a legend. And I love Diana DeGarmo. I wish she would never leave!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#24re: Hairspray love thread.
Posted: 1/9/07 at 1:45am

I have seen it four times. re: Hairspray love thread.
https://corinescorner.com/blog/
The weird thing is I saw Martin Short five times and Marc Shaiman's ass five times. LOL. (I think it was because I loved that Tommy Tune number so much.... oops, falling) LALA LA LA.
The best part was Marc as Estelle in that Heidi wig (Martin is touching my no no place. I almost died laughing)
I saw Harvey, Bruce Vilanch, Pinette and Blake. I loved every single Edna. I though Blake had the best singing voice and was the best dancer. I thought Harvey was the best overall Edna and Vilanch had the funniest one liners. I think Vilanch was my favorite.

Updated On: 1/9/07 at 01:45 AM

Videos