pixeltracker

Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?- Page 2

Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#25re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 3:05pm

Absolutely. A friend of mine and I already got together and envisioned how we would bring this to stage. We have thought of some pretty amazing and very doable special effects. I even thought of some additonal scenes to extend the time and an unbelievably great visual introduction to the show. Now if only I can acquire the rights from DREAMWORKS............:)

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#26re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 4:38pm

Bad bad bad idea. We need to institute a moratorium on all bad cartoons from becoming bad musicals.
The music wasn't even that good.
Actually, I think Val Kilmer starred as Moses in a musical version of the 10 Commandments last year. As ridiculous as that seems I'm not joking. I believe they even released it on DVD.
Anyway, my point is-let's learn from our mistakes. Leave the bible off the stage.
Further proof-TWO BY TWO, CHILDREN OF EDEN, IN THE BEGINNING, etc.

....but the world goes 'round

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#27re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:00pm

Bad idea for you I guess! Let's not forget Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, and Joseph to name a few more. Sorry JACK but I think there are plenty of us out here that would like to see more of this on stage. It can be done right. I would rather see an incredibly uplifting and powerful story than see some of the smut that is on stage nowadays. Sorry. Bad idea for you I guess not for everyone. SORRY!!!!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#28re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:02pm

Wow firescape, so much passion!! Shame it's misplaced on an undeserving property.

Updated On: 1/30/07 at 05:02 PM

Wildcard
#29re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:04pm

I don't think Prince of Egypt or any of the Disney shows now in or coming to Broadway were bad cartoons in the first place. It could be worse... how about a Don Bluth movie turned into a Broadway show?

Lizzya9
#30re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:09pm

It would be awesome on Broadway! I say YES = )

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#31re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:15pm

Ehh...it could have some pretty cool special effects and sets, but I'm going to say no.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#32re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:19pm

I really do like the idea.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#33re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:27pm

would like it, but i doubt it will happen

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#34re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:31pm

NO NO NONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
when will people learn that just because somethings a movie doesnt mean it shoudl be on broadway.

Wildcard
#35re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:31pm

I would prefer this over Shrek, even though Shrek was a good movie.

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#36re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/31/07 at 8:51am

yeah well....that's your opinion Tazber. Have fun with it.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#37re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/31/07 at 9:03am

Firescape,
my post was not in response to you're ideas about how you would stage the show, I'm sure you have some very creative concepts. I was just stating that in general I don't think the show would work. My post appeared right under yours, so it probably seemed like a direct response to you. It wasn't.

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#38re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/31/07 at 9:55am

Tazber, I understand. Thank you for clearing it up but I was refering to the fact that you stated that my passion was misplaced. To me this property is very deserving. I can understand if you would not appreciate it. Just know that there are also many out there who would. That's all.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#39re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/31/07 at 10:08am

Point taken. Apparently, a lot of people agree with you based on this thread.

everything is rent Profile Photo
everything is rent
#40re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 2/1/07 at 3:09am

I think the show would be incredible
*IF DONE CORRECTLY*
i am in agreement - through heaven's eyes & deliver us would be phenomenal-- it reminds me very much of Children of Eden...which is another incredibly powerful but (in my opinion) neglected show...

however, i dont think broadway would do it soon...re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
i have a fleeting dream of being tzipporah...haha

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#41re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 4/23/07 at 7:45pm

I give it a go!

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#42re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 6:42pm

With all the threads on Disney and other cartoons I was glad to see Prince of Egypt had been discussed. I think its a wonderful story and has a great score. Has there been any news of this ever reaching the stage?

roquat
#43re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 6:47pm

I'd dig it...a grave.

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#44re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 7:39pm

I love the music in this but I am skeptical about how well it would work live. I think on a stage, it would lose a lot of the magic that the movie has.

But I'd kill to see Stokes do "Through Heaven's Eyes" live.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

MiniMenzel08
#45re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:52pm

I go both ways on this one!!!

yes and no!

Ole Chum
#46re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 9:02pm

I'm sorry but this

a) is not a bad idea (some good music, good compelling story)
and
b) will most likely happen within 10 yrs. does anyone think disney is going to stop after the little mermaid? Aladdin, I'd bet, maybe Mulan or Pocahontas... but Prince of Egypt is up there.

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#47re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 9:07pm

It could be fun around Passover time.

being.jeremiah
#48re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 9:32pm

It's Dreamworks, not Disney.

And mind you, DreamWorks created its own theatrical wing, appropriately named DreamWorks Theatricals. The upcoming Broadway show, Shrek the Musical, will be its first commercial venture.
Updated On: 1/21/08 at 09:32 PM

grnsmwhr Profile Photo
grnsmwhr
#49re: Who Would Dig The Prince of Egypt on Broadway?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 10:23pm

I would prefer Prince of Egypt than Shrek but Shrek will probably make a lot of money.

You see, obsessions are very personal things, they come from deep inside us, where we are open and vulnerable, which is why I consider them sacred, not to be belittled....PalJoey

Videos