pixeltracker

what person do you admire in the theatre and why???- Page 2

what person do you admire in the theatre and why???

worrell4077
#25re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 2:35pm

re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???

John Lloyd Young because he never gave up on his dream of being an actor for about ten years. He did a lot of regional productions and minor things like a guest role on Law and Order, but he never really made it to Broadway, until Jersey Boys came around and had to recast Frankie. He is also a fantastic actor and singer and a really nice guy.
Updated On: 2/6/07 at 02:35 PM

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#26re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:04pm

Idina Menzel - for her Incredible portrayal as Elphaba in WICKED. She deserevd the Tony for all the hard effort she put into the Broadway Production with Kristin Chenoweth. I actually had the the chance to see her live in London back in October and she was incredible, especially her last note on No Good Deed, as soon as I heard that last note, boy did my mouth drop to the floor in amazement. I also had the pleasure to meet her after the show and she was nothing but sweet and sooo nice.
Updated On: 2/6/07 at 03:04 PM

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#27re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:09pm

For me, it's Elaine Stritch. What a survivor. She redefined the one-person show with At Liberty, raising the bar for anyone who follows. She laid out her life story for all to see, warts and all.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#28re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:10pm

Raul Esparza for many reasons. Also, John Lloyd Young.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#29re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:12pm

Everyone. They're all amazing for doing what they do.

But if we're getting into specifics (I'll probably ge tmade fun of for this one), Laura Benanti. She's had a lot of stuff thrown at her, but she handled it.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#30re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:15pm

First is Julia Murney. No one can deny that power and commitment that she has. She's so passionate about her work, and amazingly talented. She's one of the nicest people and makes an effort to connect with all of her fans. I really look up to her.

The second is Idina Menzel. She was the person who introduced me to the world of Broadway. I admire how hard she works and the talent that she has. She's a true inspiration to me.

And finally, Lea Michele. I think it's incredible that Lea has been in 4 shows and she's only 20! It's unbelievable, she's only 6 years older than me but she's accomplished so much.She's super talented and such a sweetheart. Her commitment and love of work is something I really admire. Lea inspires me to work hard to achieve my dream of making it in theatre.

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#31re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:22pm

Eric Petersen... He was so kind after Spelling Bee!!!

P.S. He's the Tour's Barfee

wickedlywildrent Profile Photo
wickedlywildrent
#32re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 4:03pm

I admire so many people in the Broadway world because they are all so talented but I'll just say my top 3.

1)Idina Menzel. She definently deserved that Tony in 2004. Plus she's the reason that I became interested in Broadway in the first place. I saw the movie version of RENT and I just loved her in it so I did research on her and just fell in love with Broadway. She has been my role model ever since last year. And she makes mistakes just like everyone else and when she does make a mistake she points it out and laughs it off. It shows that she's not perfect and I love that.

2)Kristin Chenoweth. I bought the Wicked cast recording last summer because of Idina and fell in love with Kristin's voice. Not to mention the fact that she is so hilarious.

3)Julia Murney. I am doing a project for school on Wicked and I wrote to some of my favorite Wicked performers for the project and Julia's the only one who wrote back. The card she sent me was so sweet and I was so happy to have something from her for my project.

ThankstoPhantom
#33re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 4:50pm

Maria Friedman- You can not deny her committment to her work, nor her personable attitude. She is a fantastic performer, displaying real characteristics in them. I adore her.

Stephen Sondheim- He's a risk taker, plain and simple.

Hugh Panaro- What a voice! You can tell through his performances how much his work means to him.

Ensembles- They work it!

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

MerMaggieGalinda
#34re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 7:19pm

I really admire Kristin Chenoweth, not only because she made an amazing Galinda, but she is so diverse. She can sing beautiful, soaring soprano one mintute and then sing a song like "Popular" and be a comedian. I also really respect her because I'm also a blonde, high-voiced, tiny girl from the midwest.

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#35re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 7:24pm

kerry butler. she made my favorite theatre expierence wondeful

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#36re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 7:29pm

I, like the rest of you, admire everyone who's working in theatre, whether it be backstage or onstage.

However, if I had to choose a single performer, it would have to be Jon Peterson [as I am his only fan here, for the most part]. After seeing him in George M. Cohan Tonight!, I was so amazed at not only his talent, but how sweet he is to all his admirers. Although I'm sure he has his off days, as does everyone.

He's just a delight to see onstage and also to talk with -- and if any of you ever have a chance to see him a show, I say take it. re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

WalkOn
#37re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 7:34pm

Oscar Hammerstein

His shows have a deepth of humanity to them that makes you feel clean, hopeful and glad to be human.

And he didn't shy away from the darker aspects of human nature or difficult issues.

A truly great man.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you'll never walk alone.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#38re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 7:36pm

I'm on the bandwagon that admires all broadway performers. But specifically, the people I admire are:

Daphne Rubin-Vega for always finding different and interesting parts to play. She never seems to back down from a challenge and, from what I can tell, always succeeds in doing the best to her abilities in any show she does.

Alice -freaking- Ripley. I'm just amazed by this woman's talent and versatility as an actress and singer.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101

Videos