pixeltracker

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . . (HSM Movie)- Page 2

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . . (HSM Movie)

BobbyErikValjean Profile Photo
BobbyErikValjean
#25Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 9:23pm

If you look at it from a standpoint based on age, am in the targeted age group. And personally, I have nothing against Disney. Disney has produced many brilliant works in previous years.

But they sank to an all-time low when they had released HSM. I was looking forward to it and was extremely disappointed. I will remain bitter toward this 'musical' and will not give it a second chance.

But the up side to this, I know a few kids who found interest in musicals because of this show. Phantom sparked my interest in musicals only 6 days prior to the premiere of HSM. Something tells me if I hadn't seen Phantom, I would've enjoyed HSM.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#26Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 9:39pm

Its cute, fluffy and infectious.
I enjoyed the cheesy-campiness of the movie.
Hopefully the sequel coming in summer will be as cheesy
Its cheesy fluff and I enjoy it for what it is.
If this "HAUNTED" verison is as cheesy, I'll probably sneak to the theater and sit in the back and revel in the cheesiness.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 2/8/07 at 09:39 PM

Craww
#27Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 10:03pm

I think they mean stage musical, which it isn't.

What does it not being a stage musical have to do with the subject of them making another crappy movie out of it? Sounds more to me like they're saying HSM isn't a musical the same way you say an effeminate man isn't a man, or a lame horse isn't a horse, or an unappetizing dish isn't even food.

High School Musical is just plain bad, that doesn't mean it's not even fit to be qualified as what it is. A movie musical. A bad one.

Andante Profile Photo
Andante
#28Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/9/07 at 9:46am

Disney is just plain greedy. First they monopolize the Broadway stages with their animated classics, and now they have to dominate the big screen with the WORST movie series ever: High School Musical. It's cheesy through-and-through. *barf*

deadparrot
#29Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/9/07 at 10:15am

I hate HSM, and I wouldn't go to see it in a million years, but I suppose the box office figures will speak for themselves if/when this movie comes to fruition.

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#30Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/9/07 at 10:30am

This isn't a broadway musical. OK, so we theatre people get that. Of course its terrible, campy, and tacky to us. BUT it is contributing to the growth of the popularity of the "musical" genre. Personally I sit back and laugh at the people who make comments saying that HSM and commercialized movie musicals are ruining musical theatre. Well yes theyre dumbing them down a bit, and surpressing a bit of the original artistic quality, but they are "Bringing them back" If you will, And I'm all for that. As campy as HSM etc. is, It's helping to make sure that in 50 years musical theatre isn't still a dying art form. I'm thinking of all of the 5th graders out there, that, because of seeing this movie, now want to audition for their high school musical when they get the chance. Once the generation of older theatre patrons are gone who does that leave? Now obviously Broadway isn't going anywhere. I'm thinking of small community theatres in suburban areas. A lot of the audience is made up of older people. They were around when musical theatre was THE form of entertainment. Now with reality TV, Action movies with crazy Special FX, Sporting evets...etc. People have lost interest. Well our middle age population anyway, so if Disney wants to create an empire and bring a somewhat distorted form of musical theatre to a younger generation, Good for Disney.

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#31Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/9/07 at 11:04am

Wicked,

Both your post and your avatar are the saddest things I've seen all week.... And Anna died.

And aren't there other threads on this?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

SporkGoddess
#32Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/9/07 at 1:33pm

"This HSM stuff is getting ridiculous. Next there will be a TV show! "

Don't joke! I'm willing to bet that someday they'll make a TV series for it. And it will be animated. Just you watch.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Videos