pixeltracker

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . . (HSM Movie)

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . . (HSM Movie)

Julian2
#1Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . . (HSM Movie)
Posted: 2/8/07 at 5:39pm

Haunted High School Musical to Reach Big Screen in '08

A big screen film, entitled Haunted High School Musical, will be the next entry in Disney's wildly successful "High School Musical" franchise, according to a Reuters article.

The film will be released in 2008, although no other information - including that of plot - has been revealed.

"'High School Musical' skyrocketed to heights never before achieved by a TV movie, so it's only fitting that its next incarnation should be as a major motion picture," stated Gary Marsh, president of entertainment, Disney Channel Worldwide.

I'm sure that trunk of "Assasins" props is around here somewhere . . .

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!
Updated On: 2/8/07 at 05:39 PM

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#2re: Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 5:42pm

There's nothing better than singing ghosts!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#2re: Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 5:45pm

Oh look! It begins again! The 'High School Musical' detractors can't just ignore it, they hate it SO MUCH that it actually makes sense to take time out of their day to discuss it! What winners!

... or is this a simple case of "the lady doth protest too much"? You're all secretly fans, aren't you? :P

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#3re: Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 5:46pm

I had to read the article a couple of times before actually processing it. All I can say now is "why?" The part that makes it even worse is that this will flourish at the box office when there are many beautiful movies only getting so-so numbers.

#4Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 6:02pm

Maybe this is the last film and they all die?

And there is supposed to be a High School Musical 3 for TV, so maybe it's gonna be Middle School Musical. that could add twists.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 6:11pm

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#6Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 6:13pm

Guys, "Get Your Head in the Game" is a good song.

BobbyErikValjean Profile Photo
BobbyErikValjean
Julian2
#8Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 6:46pm

I thinks its a wonderful little TV movie, and enjoy it in said form. Its their artistic attempts at marketing that is making me sick. I wonder what the film buffs think about this news.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!
Updated On: 2/8/07 at 06:46 PM

outovfashion07
#9Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:06pm

I want to know what this is about. I just had to endure the "Concert" version of HSM a few weeks ago and have been wanting something new to laugh about since then.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#10Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:09pm

I think the movie was cute, but it got completely blown out of proportion and became this huge deal, which it's not. It's cute and all, but it's not genius. What bothers me the most is the kids who do the "HSM IS THE BEST MUSICAL EVUURRR!!!!111!" when it's not even a real musical.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#11Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:12pm

yeah this sounds really odd.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#12Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:29pm

I actually really like HSM, but What do you guys think the odds are that the original cast will actually do this? I mean, I doubt that they want to be known as the High School Musical kids forever.
And plus it sound horrible! Seriously, that's the best that they could come up with?
I think that even the huge fans of the movie and such are going to not see this.
I teach middle schoolers, and they thisnk this sounds like a dumb movie.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#13Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:46pm

Anything that gets kids to think singing and dancing is cool is fine by me. If you arent the targeted age group, just shut up about the movie already! Thank you.

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#14Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:47pm

God, let's see how much Disney can milk this.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#15Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:49pm

What the heck do they mean by "Haunted"!

This HSM stuff is getting ridiculous. Next there will be a TV show!

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#16Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:49pm

Just as long as they don't try that dancing on tables with wheels crap...

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

withoutlovewithoutU
#17Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:55pm

I am in no way against a HSM movie, but I think that they are going in the totally wrong direction with this. When I told my middle school muiscal theater class about this, they were excited when I said a big screen movie in the high school musical francise, but when I told them what it was titled they all lost interest, and said that it sounded cheesy. Kids in the targeted age group (pre-teens) are not going to go see something titled Hunted High School Muiscal.... at least not very many of them. I think they need to rework this idea so that it has more of a realistic basic idea (meaning nothing haunted), because that's what these kids respond to.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

withoutlovewithoutU
#18Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:56pm

haha copeman Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .

Dibbledl01
#19Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 8:35pm

I bet it's gonna be based around Halloween...god help us all

Redhead0322 Profile Photo
Redhead0322
#20Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 9:03pm

HAH... that's my only response. (Man, those kids are getting so rich off of this.)

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#21Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 9:07pm

"If you arent the targeted age group, just shut up about the movie already!"

I'm close to the the target-age group (give or take two years), so I can I say that this idea sounds awful and I wish Disney would let it die? The first was bad enough!

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#22Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 9:13pm

I'm at the targeted age group (I'm 13, soon to be 14 in June). And let me tell you, they're going in a BAD DIRECTION. They're milking this 'til they can't anymore!

Yes, the first film is enjoying, but in no means do I even CONSIDER it a musical. It's my opinion, but I mean come on...HAUNTED. They already have a 2nd one coming and then a 3rd one and then this "Haunted" thing? Going a little too far (not to also add the novels coming up, rights to the stage production, special edition CDs, karaoke cds, two DVD releases, a concert tour, and much more!) They're going too deep with it.

Craww
#23Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 9:19pm

Explain to me how High School Musical is not a musical.

Julian2
#24Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .
Posted: 2/8/07 at 9:23pm

I think they mean stage musical, which it isn't.

My sister is 12/13 and she feels the exact same way I and TWSFan4Ever feel.

Updated On: 2/8/07 at 09:23 PM

Videos