pixeltracker

They Cast Sophie for the Mamma Mia movie!- Page 2

They Cast Sophie for the Mamma Mia movie!

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#25re: They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 1:51am

It's true...I have heard to same thing.

Loved her in MEAN GIRLS. To be fair, she's not that way in "real life" and could turn out to be a sensational Sophie. I haven't seen enough of her work to judge.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#26re: They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:14am

I have seen her other work and she is a good actress, she does a great job on HBO's Big Love

toomeytwopiece Profile Photo
toomeytwopiece
#27re: They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:53am

GOOD for her!! She was quite good in MEAN GIRLS - she did so much with just a few lines. She's beautiful and she has to be relatively intelligent to have turned in that performance in MEAN GIRLS... the humor was too subtle. She's great.

#28They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:26am

It's coming out next summer...

But her? Emmy Rossum or even Scarlett Johannsenn would be my choice, but as long as Eric McCormack plays Harry and Jim Belushi is dubbed for Bill, I would be happy.

But if someone like Jesse McCartney is Sky, I would pewk...

Who thinks Nicole Kidman would be a good Tanya?

#29They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:35am

They will be filming in Greece on location!

More info from IBDB Message Boards:

"I like Emmy Rossum for Sophie - although the likes of Mandy Moore and Anne Hathaway could work, too. I think Kirsten Dunst can sing, too; she sang in Get Over It, but her voice might not be powerful enough for the role. But thinking about it - an older actress could also play Sophie. Scarlett Johansson could be good - she was originally in talks with Andrew Lloyd Webber to play Maria von Trapp in a production of the Sound of Music which began playing in London's West End in November 2006 - so she must be able to sing well."

"Donna- Madonna (But I like Meryl too, don't know if she can sing though)
Tanya- Nicole Kidman
Rosie- Megan Mullally (she must play this! she would be the absolute best)"

"Goldie Hawn NEEDS to play Tanya with Kathy Nijimi as Rosie..."

"Reba would be an awesome Tanya...sure she's a red head with a Southern accent, but she's totally got the spunk...it could work!"

"Someone else for sophie I hadn't thought about is Zooey Deschanel."

Hmmmm......

Yankeefan007
#30They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:41am

Boy, on Big Love she has 3 mothers, in this she has 3 fathers.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#31They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:41am

Allentown2-I don't agree with any of your casting. Emmy Rossum or Scarlett Johannsenn as Sophie? Ta;l about random. And I don't agree with your Harry and Bill. What made you think of those actors?

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

#32They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:43am

Scarlett can sing and looks like Meryl.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#33They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:54am

She's fantastic. For those of you who doubt her acting ability, check out her Law & Order: SVU episode.

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#34They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:57am

Or check out Veronica Mars. She absolutely nails the character of Lilly Kane. She takes a character that died before the show started and makes you genuinely care for her and who killed her. Even when some pretty damning behavior comes to light post-humously.

Then when you factor in her role on Big Love...this girl has talent, all right. I'm very excited about this news They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#35They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 11:05am

"and then she probably wouldnt of got Mamma Mia"

wouldn't HAVE! wouldn't HAVE! wouldn't HAVE! wouldn't HAVE! wouldn't HAVE!

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#36They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 11:20am

But can this girl SING???????

No one has commented on that!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#37They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 11:25am

If she has indeed been cast, then one presumes she can. Mind you, ABBA isn't quite the same as Sondheim...

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#38They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 11:33am

They backed out of their contract offer to me *pouts* *frowns* *lol* They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!

I'm glad they went with a relitively unknown since they have Meryl and Pierce. I'm sure she wouldn't have been cast if they weren't 100% sure she could do the part.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 3/10/07 at 11:33 AM

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#39They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 11:34am

The music is not MUSICALLY as difficult as SS - but it is rangey - esp for the woman. Don't underestimate!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#40They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 11:43am

You're the one underestimating. I'm the one saying that if she has been cast, obviously the producers and casting team are confident she can do justice to the material. They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#41They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 12:05pm

WARNING - THEATRE SNOB APPROACHING:

Hollywood producers are HARDLY good judges of talent and ability. Especially when it comes to singing.

(The theatre snob has left the building)

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#42They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 12:08pm

I can't wait to see who they cast as Sky!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#43They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 12:26pm

WARNING - REALIST APPROACHING:

They're casting for the film, not the theatre. If she can hold it together enough to sound good in the studio and look good on film, then it counts, whether or not she has the pipes for eight weekly belts.

I'm genuinely not in an argumentative mood, just playing a little devil's advocate today. Usually I'm as snobby as the rest of us. :3

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#44They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 1:41pm

hm, interesting. i don't know where i stand on this yet, though i am having a hard time trying to picture it...

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

#45They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 2:06pm

I think she's really creepy looking but to each his own.

Kringas
#46They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 2:26pm

This thread is really weird. Can someone please explain to me why there's something about this girl that makes people think she's only capable of playing snotty bitches, particularly when her character in Mean Girls wasn't really all that bitchy or snotty begin with?

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

ws4lyfe2
#47They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:03pm

is it bad that i think tina maddigan should have been casted as sophie?...she was the original

Kringas
#48They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:13pm

Yes.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

neddyfrank2

Videos