#25Totally Perfect Mary Poppins
Posted: 3/26/07 at 8:53pm

On a side note...

Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#26Totally Perfect Mary Poppins
Posted: 3/26/07 at 9:28pm

So how is mary poppins in broadway with ashley brown. i might watch mary poppins like next month or june? i don't want to judge until i watch it myself but i just want to know how is mary poppins in broadway (acting wise, not visual effects)

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#27Totally Perfect Mary Poppins
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:37pm

Thankstophantom, your right i am sorry i didn't realize the numbers you gave me make more sense for the london production.

As far as the acting in Poppins on broadway. I loved it thought Brown was great. Saw it tiwice and would easilly go back a third time.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#28Totally Perfect Mary Poppins
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:45pm

As a west end performer myself its not true that the entire cast are signed up for a year its varies on the person,run,role etc

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

zerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
#29Totally Perfect Mary Poppins
Posted: 3/27/07 at 5:04am

what show you in at the mo songanddanceman??

**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS

songanddanceman2
#30Totally Perfect Mary Poppins
Posted: 3/27/07 at 8:28am

Im working in my own show at the moment called Rage what im performing in and directing(as well as written haha) We are also taking to the fringe festival.

I needed to take time off from musicals as my cartlidge in my knee has gone grr.

Looks like i will be touring with Daddy Cool this year though.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#31Totally Perfect Mary Poppins
Posted: 3/27/07 at 8:45am

Usually British shows will tour and come back again and again to the West End. I have to say that I think it is nice how they do it.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

ze emcee Profile Photo
ze emcee
#32Totally Perfect Mary Poppins
Posted: 3/27/07 at 12:31pm

It should close on broadway too, along with Tarzan, and little Mermaid after about a month of opening. They are closing their only good show, BATB. It's a shame.

ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
#33Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 3/27/07 at 4:24pm

Doesn't ALW's company now own several theaters?

I think he wants to keep a steady diet of his own shows on a revolving basis.

zerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
#34Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 3/27/07 at 6:00pm

I just think there are a few tatty and naff shows on the West End they could close, MP is one of the best shows in London.

**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#35Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 6/5/07 at 5:40pm

"I beleive Mary Poppins on Broadway will have about 6 years. About as long as THE PRODUCERS."

Says the man who worships Nathan Lane.

"The way I feel about Poppins's fate on Broadway is this. Poppins is one of two diseny shows to open in one year. keep in mind the other one is Tarzen which was a mess since day one. Poppins has been though of the better of the two. I think it has a legit life for it on Broadway. Keep in mind that the Tony's haven't come up yet and depending on how they do there it may help out the show. But, it did a good job with ticket sales in the fall. Butm really until summer comes around its currenlty the time for broadway when not many tourists are around and a lot of people from NYC go to the theatere."

More spelling, Winston. you are as worse as Lizzya. Other than that, you are right.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Dollypop
#36Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 6/5/07 at 8:21pm

Omg! All those actors will be out of jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#37Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 6/5/07 at 11:28pm

"Mary Poppins" will close in London after a West End run of just over three years.
Disney Theatrical Prods. and Cameron Mackintosh's nanny will sail up into the sky for the last time at the West End's Prince Edward Theater on Jan 12. Planning is already under way for an international touring version, which will hit the road later that year.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117966122.html?categoryid=15&cs=1

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#38Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 6/6/07 at 2:13am

I can't believe its going to close. The london production was the most gorgeous, artistic, moving, and memorable night of theater. It truly was a brilliant show.

I'm going to MISS IT!
I'm in shock

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#39Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 6/6/07 at 8:29am

I don't think they should close the London Version because Mary Poppins is the kind of show that family and friends can go to to experience something 'Magical' in the Theatre like other shows i.e WICKED, Sound of Music & Lion King.

I wonder what Tour Dates Mary Poppins (UK) has organised so far?

If they are to still transfer Jersy Boys to London, why don't they close another show instead like Billy Elliot? (Didn't really like the Musical to be honest)

songanddanceman2
#40Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 6/6/07 at 9:48am

I know the first few tour dates for the UK tour but i cant say yet grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , it had to close in London as it was loosing money thats why it should close.

Things aren't looking good for Wicked either

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#41Dear God, not Joseph AGAIN !!!!!!
Posted: 6/6/07 at 12:37pm

I had heard a rumour that WICKED was to close at the end of the year but it might not (hopefully)

With Mary Poppins Tour Dates, I hope it comes to the Millenium Centre in Cardiff.

Do you think Scarlett Strallen & Gavin Creel will close the show? Only wondering because I heard she was to be in the show for 5 months and that Gavin is in the show til October/November
Updated On: 6/6/07 at 12:37 PM

Videos