#25re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 3:47pm

so adorable

but I'm off to the post office

Rentroxmysox29
#26re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 3:59pm

re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
you can have super muffin nomdeplume, because I have.....

STUD MUFFIN! :)

Jared Leto is my husbanddd <3333 :)
Updated On: 4/7/07 at 03:59 PM

BDavis0092
#27re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 4:07pm

What has this thread come to?

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#28re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 4:20pm

As fun as that was, I would like to bring this thread back on track. Tarzan is the worst show I have ever seen. There, I said it.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

bah1138
#29re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 4:23pm

Not sockpuppet, you cannot refute it. MIXED REVIEWS. NOT PANS. If you doubt me, go look up some in the NYPL. Quit generating hate.

Disney may not be Eugene O'Niell, but actors, musicans, and techies are being employed and the future of theatre is ensured with all those parents taking all those kids to see the shows. YOU may not like what they produce, but can YOU do any BETTER?

You may NOT refute it.
Updated On: 4/7/07 at 04:23 PM

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#30re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 4:30pm

>> actors, musicans, and techies are being employed and the future of theatre is ensured with all those parents taking all those kids to see the shows.

Oh please. McDonald's hires thousands of people, and it certainly doent ensure the future of haute cuisine. Frankly, that argument is silly. Does employment in a mediocre, third-rate show mean anything beyond a paycheque? Probably not. I imagine everyone involved will delicately remove it from their resume as soon as possible.

http://docandraider.com

bah1138
#31re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:05pm

You really are stuck up, aren't you?

Mouses Magic
#32re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:14pm

Your guys hatred for Disney makes you extremley immature. It didnt get "panned by every critic", that would be Pirate Queen. If you hate Disney on Broadway thats fine but don't make up lies. Do a search for the thread of reviews given for Tarzan, it is a pure fact that there was a few postive reviews wich would rank it in the "Mixed to Negative" category. Pirate Queen got the worst reviews for a show I have seen in a really long time and many of you try to stick up for that. If you hate Disney on Broadway fine, but dont let that block your mind from seeing facts. Even in the "Pirate Queen Review Thread" someone said that at least Tarzan got recognized for its appeal to families. Look back, there were positives. ::Rant Over::

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#33re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:21pm

"YOU may not like what they produce, but can YOU do any BETTER?"

Oh god, I hate it when people say "Well, can YOU do better?" No said they can do better. We're saying the show got crappy reviews, and it did. If you like the show, fine, but don't give us this same old tired, "excuse".

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

bah1138
#34re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:31pm

I mearly meant something along the lines of...

"Let he without sin cast the first stone."

If someone does nothing to make the world a better place, they should not begrudge those who try, even if they don't always succeed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but c'mon folks, let's be fair. We are, after all, humans. Not animals.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#35re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:33pm

Around here?

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

nomdeplume
#36re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:34pm

Well, the Disney shows are mostly animals.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#37re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:35pm

SeanMartin, why do you always use McDonalds as an example? Are you obsessed with eating their food?

nomdeplume
#38re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:39pm

My, how this thread twitched some mousely whiskers.

JustChillin8908
#39re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:44pm

I blame Lizzya9re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#40re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:45pm

YOU may not like what they produce, but can YOU do any BETTER?

Oy. This is the stupidest, most illogical argument I have seen on this board and I hate that it keeps coming up as some kind of an excuse. That kind of statement makes even the people who agree with you about a show think you are an idiot.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#41re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:46pm

JustChillin8908: Oh, that's too easy. WAY too easy.

edited for clarity.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)
Updated On: 4/7/07 at 05:46 PM

nomdeplume
#42re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:52pm

I like super muffin better.

Looks like a pirate muffin.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#43re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:55pm

i like Rentroxmysox29's icon
its cute

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

nomdeplume
#44re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:59pm

Confucius say mouse who stick nose in fire get singed whiskers.

Rentroxmysox29
#45re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 8:21pm

Now i'll bring this thread to a nice conclusion, it doesn't matter what the negative critics think, its what the people think! THE END!

Rentroxmysox29
#46re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 8:28pm

thanx B3TA07! :)

nomdeplume
#47re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 8:33pm

even conclusions
can be illusions

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#48re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 9:55pm

If I could close ANY show on Broadway right now, it'd be Tarzan (and Phantom, but at least that's pretty well staged).
Tarzan is an atrocity of a musical with a banal, STUPID score, a witless, emotionless book, carboard cutouts of cast members and appallingly bad direction and design. The critics savaged it and rightfully so.

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#49re: Tarzan got mixed reviews?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 9:58pm

Oooo, the sheer viciousness of the responses! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO hurt.

Get a life, folks. TARZAN is a piece of BS that should be an embarrassment to the Disney name. Instead, it's making just lots and lots of money, and I say bravo for that. If it cons money out of nimrods like the fanboy shills on this board, then huzzah and hurray for showing them to be the fools they truly are.

http://docandraider.com

Videos