pixeltracker

PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17- Page 2

PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#25re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 5:06pm

Popular also knows what songs they are performing, but refuses to disclose.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 5:08pm

I already posted what's being performed.

bardolator
#27re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 5:31pm

"Popular also knows what songs they are performing, but refuses to disclose."

And I quote: "Glorious."

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#28re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 5:39pm

"I already posted what's being performed."

It was stated they were performing a 3-song medley: A solo, duet, and dance number. I truly hope The Christening is the dance number!

What is bardolator talking about?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

bardolator
#29re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 5:44pm

I'm saying that, insofar as protecting "privileged information" goes, what's good for the gander is good for the goose. re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#30re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 5:48pm

Is this for sure being taped on Tuesday? Because there is a special later taping happening on Monday.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#31re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 5:57pm

YAY! I'm so excited! I bet it will be Woman (or I'll Be There, possibly), Here on This Night, and The Christening. Or, it could be She Who Has All, if they want to get Linda and her costumes in there. I can't wait.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

bardolator
#32re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 6:10pm

I'm thinking it has to be "Woman" for the solo: "I'll Be There" has gotten a LOT of play (perhaps too much?), and they'd surely want the title character to take the stage, I'd think. For the duet, one of the love songs: either "Here On This Night" or "If I Said I Loved You." I'd like to see the wedding scene for the dance, but that's most of the ensemble; "The Pirate Queen" or the christening would probably be a more manageable size for the View set. Advantages of "The Pirate Queen": shiny pirates (honestly: the viewership of "The View" is mostly women, so...) and the ensemble sings. Disadvantages: it's not really a big dance number, though there IS dancing. Advantages of the christening scene: a lot more dancing, and it shows off more costumes (plus, Stephanie and Hadley don't dance in it, so it gives them a break after/between numbers, depending on the order of the pieces). Disadvantage: no singing.

Then again, they want to give a taste, but, hopefully, make the audience want more, so I'm guessing they'll hint at some of the possibilities without giving a true sampling of everything the show has to offer (to wit: great leads AND big ensemble sound AND dancing AND lavish costumes).

EDIT: Block, Fraser, and 20 ensemble members...narrows it down further. The duet's definitely theirs, and unless they've pared down the wedding, that's not the dance number. Updated On: 4/13/07 at 06:10 PM

sgweirdo
#33re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/14/07 at 2:23am

"They tape live each day except for Friday. They tape two shows on Thursday and one of those is aired on Friday." i have tickets for "the Post-Tape show on
Monday, April 16th" arrival time ~ 11:00 am
taping time ~ 12:45 - 1:45 pm. too bad its not PIRATE QUEEN. if it is.. i have an extra

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#34re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/14/07 at 9:56am

Yeah, I saw tickets being offered for the "post-tape show" too, and I'd really like to know who the guests are going to be.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#35re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/14/07 at 10:02am

GREAT news! re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17 I can't wait to see this.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

WordedGrace Profile Photo
WordedGrace
#36re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:01am

Here's a three song medley they should perform...1 The Ship is Sinking, 2. We're Better Than This(to the tune of Master of The House.) and 3. This Will Be On My Resume. I think that would get more people's attention. LOL. Rah Rah Tip-Top..We're in a stinking flop!

I'm not gonna hate you in the magazines, (I'm better than that) I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity, (I'm better than that) You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet Cause my momma taught me better than that.
Updated On: 4/15/07 at 06:01 AM

ktennenbaum Profile Photo
ktennenbaum
#37re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:31am

I've been following The Pirate Queen threads for quite a while and thoroughly enjoying all the "back and forths". I figured I'd wait until I saw the show to make any comments. Then I saw the show and just didn't feel like commenting, because the reviewers said it all for me. Now I read this thread about "The View" and I have to say something. The show is bad, because it's boring! There is no flow, there is no emotion, it is silly and untruthful and unreal, and the music is boring and the lyrics are dumb........yes the performers are good but no they're not good enough to rise above the material. And they're putting it on "The View" obviously to get some audience. If they don't do some Irish dancing on The View then they are defeating their purpose, because that's the only thing in the show that is at all lively or might spark some interest in the "Viewers." I'm not really a big fan of Irish stepdancing, even though the name is O'Donnell, but it was the only thing in the show that kept me awake! In fact, they should just dance like crazy and not sing or say a word! Maybe that'll do it!

"I recognize happiness by the sound it makes when it leaves!" Jacques Prevert

Videos