PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#1PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:03pm

Finally NATIONAL coverage we can all enjoy! :)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#2re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:06pm

Any insight as to what it'll be? Performances? Interviews?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#2re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:10pm

No clue about performances.
This is all I know

kec Profile Photo
kec
#3re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:12pm

Ah, good... something even I can see!

theaterbiz
#4re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:28pm

i hope they bring back star jones as the pirate queen

WishingWells
#5re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:33pm

I am really excited about this. I hope they do some of their Irish dancing too!

Roger246 Profile Photo
Roger246
#6re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 6:09pm

What song do you guys think they will do?

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#7re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 6:17pm

"The Party's Over."

WishingWells
#8re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 6:23pm

They could sing "The Pirate Queen" and then go right into into "Woman" (not sure how long that would be?)

danhattan
#9re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 6:52pm

Wishingwells...Which song is called THE PIRATE QUEEN?

I think they should do a big dance number with the entire cast and then let Steph, Hadley, and or Linda sing. Woman into Wedding? Wedding into She Who Has All? Wedding into I'll Be There! Now that sounds good! But I really want Stephanie to sing too.

-I wonder if Rosie has seen the show? Could sell a lot of tickets if she likes it. And honestly, how could an Irish Lesbian NOT like this show!

WishingWells
#10re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 7:03pm

dan- "The Pirate Queen" is the song in the very beginning right before "Woman" with most of the company. It is the fast song with basically Grace trying to convince her father that she belongs on the sea and her father and the company singing that she should stay at home. The song runs right into Grace singin "Woman" alongside Tiernan. I think "The Wedding" would be good too.

I heard from someone at the show on opening night that Rosie had not seen the show. The only reason I remember that is because I was thinking that PQ would be something she would like to see. But, I could be wrong seeing as how I never watch The View.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#11re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 8:43pm

Maybe they'll do "Sail TO the Stars"?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#12re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 8:59pm

My guess is that they'll showcase one of the bigger dance numbers. Maybe the wedding scene (if they aren't going to have Steph sing they may as well make her dance, right?)

If at all possible it would be nice to have them come back in another segment and maybe close the show with (as they give tickets away to the audience?)Woman.

EDIT: change that up actually. Woman first, close with dancing.
Updated On: 4/7/07 at 08:59 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#13re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 9:04pm

That sounds good too. I hope someone records this

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#14re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 9:51pm

Is the soundstage at The View big enough to fit the whole PQ company for one of those big dance numbers?

I remember when Rosie had the entire cast of Ragtime on to perform their opening number on her show. It looked like there were more people on stage than there were in the studio audience.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#15re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 9:57pm

Yay! I hope this makes it online.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#16re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 9:58pm

Maybe they can sing the Irish version of "Master of the House" and then go into "The Oar Dance."
Jesus Christ, WHO CARES?! I'm surprised anyone wanted it on TV after those reviews.

WishingWells
#17re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 10:16pm

PQ is a large cast. What did they do when the whole chorus line cast was on? It seemed like they completely cleared the stage for that and it was pretty wide.

NYLG Profile Photo
NYLG
#18re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/7/07 at 10:49pm

They should sing THE PIRATE QUEEN anthem...RAH-RAH, BIG-FLOP

If you'd have been there...If you'd have seen it...I betcha you would have done the same! - CHICAGO

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#19re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 2:28pm

"The Pirate Queen stars Stephanie J. Block and Hadley Fraser will perform a live, 3-song medley with 20 cast members on ABC’s “The View” on Tuesday, April 17th at 11:00AM-12:00PM on channel 7 (outside of the Tri-state region, check local listings). Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg’s epic new musical plays at the Hilton Theatre (213 West 42nd Street)."

3 song medley! :)

MORE INFO

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#20re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 2:34pm

YAY YAY YAY!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#21re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 2:35pm

The cast will be performing the Christening Scene.

sgweirdo
#22re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 4:57pm

do you know if it's filmed on monday... i was invited to a taping on monday, but its 11-1:45.. after mondays actual show *fingers crossed*

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#23re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 4:59pm

No, they are performing it on Tuesday.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#24re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
Posted: 4/13/07 at 5:00pm

They tape live each day except for Friday. They tape two shows on Thursday and one of those is aired on Friday.

Videos