pixeltracker

Kelli O'Hara to Star in ....- Page 2

Kelli O'Hara to Star in ....

bwaylvsong
#25re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 11:31am

"Okay, no bitchiness intended, but explain to me how Nellie would be surprised that Emile's kids are Polynesian or "ethnic" if Brian Stokes Mitchell were to play the part. The issues of race explored in the play as well as Emile's background would be considerably affected if Mitchell were to play Emile.
It's the same as having Liat played by Anne Hathaway or Cable played by B.D. Wong"

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think Stokes necessarily comes off as "ethnic" on stage. When I saw him in "Kiss Me, Kate", I had no idea he was anything other than white. Also, after living in the South Pacific so many years, don't you think somebody would be tanned?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#26re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 11:42am

Kelli is a beautiful and extremely talented woman, but i wanted someone younger and fresher in the role.
Well, let's wait till it's announced officially.
I still want to see Michael Arden as Cable, but with his TV show I guess that ain't gonna happen.

musicalsFan
#27re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 11:57am

Reba is younger than Glenn Close, but even Reba is too old for this part. Have you seen her in her TV series?

I agree that I rather have someone new and more age-appropriate.
Katie Clark? I didn't seen her in Light in the Piazza, but she is the RIGHT age for Nellie.

Johnnytoc
#28re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:13pm

Frankly I could care less about Kelli as Nellie. If it's true she'll be fine, nothing new. I can't wait to see a full cast list; I'm anxious to see who the supporting players will be.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#29re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 2:21pm

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"
Updated On: 1/16/09 at 02:21 PM

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#30re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 2:29pm

Peter Gallagher as Emile???

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#32re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 3:05pm

I hope she doesn't get stuck doing revivals now....

but I do think she would do a wonderful job as Cunegonde...

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#33re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 3:07pm

NOT KATIE CLARKE!!!! GOOD GOD NO!

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#34re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 3:11pm

Katie Clarke is a dear friend of mine from college and is a very talented and beautiful girl. I hate it when people on here bash her so much.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#35re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 3:46pm

Mywonder I agree with you.

musicalsFan
#36re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 4:28pm

NOT KATIE CLARKE!!!! GOOD GOD NO!

Since reversal is fair play.

Let me say NOT KELLI O'HARA!!!! GOOD GOD NO!

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#37re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 4:30pm

Heh

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#38re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 5:14pm

Here is why I had that reaction. I hate that the only reason her name even came up in this thread was because people associate her as Kelli's replacement in Piazza. They think that everything Kelli can do, Katie can do. But they are completely different performers who, in my opinion, have very different strengths. I don't think Katie would be very good as Nellie at all. I guarantee you that if somebody had said "I heard that Scarlet Johansen got cast as Nellie", NOBODY would have said "How about Katie Clarke?" It just erks me that everyone attaches her to Kelli now when they are two completely different performers.

musicalsFan
#39re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 5:44pm

I only mentioned Katie Clark as a possibility. Mainly because she is the RIGHT age. Kelli isn't. Kelli is in her early 30s. That's about 10 years older than what ideally Nellie Forbush's age is.

I don't see why it should irk you that Katie Clark's name is mentioned. Mentioning one does not diminish the other.

We get it that they are different performers.

Katie's strength is that she is YOUNGER.

Did you see Katie or you are anti-Katie just because she replaced Kelli in LITP?

TapTapTapioca
#40re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 5:52pm

OH and if Oklahoma should ever come back as a revival where Laurey doesn't have to dance, Kelli would be beautiful in that too.

Can Kelli not dance?

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#41re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 5:53pm

I saw them both. Katie wasn't very good in my opinion when I saw her, but apparently she improved on the tour.

"I only mentioned Katie Clark as a possibility. Mainly because she is the RIGHT age."

This is what I mean though, you wouldn't have mentioned Katie if Kelli hadn't been mentioned. There are LOTS of Broadway performers who are the "right age" for Nellie. Of the over 100 names that could have been brought up if AGE were literally the only qualification, you brought up Katie (even admitting you had never seen her). This is because you associate her with Kelli.

musicalsFan
#42re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 6:16pm

Okay. Other names - Ashley Brown, Annaleigh Ashford, ?

I'm trying hard to come up with names of actresses who aren't in their early 30s.

Even Lauren Kennedy who did the show in London with Trevor Nunn in 2001-2 is in her early 30s.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#43re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 6:34pm

Huh, I never knew Lauren Kennedy did the show in London. Honestly I don't see the problem with actresses in their early 30s playing the role. Just look at June and Louise from Gypsy. People the right age rarely play those roles. But I see your desire to cast it as acurately as possible. I wonder how someone like Erin Davie would do.

Yankeefan007
#44re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 6:42pm

Wasn't Lauren Kennedy's performance in Nunn's production praised to high heavens?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#45re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 6:50pm

"OH and if Oklahoma should ever come back as a revival where Laurey doesn't have to dance, Kelli would be beautiful in that too."

Wait, Laurey doesn't really have to dance in Oklahoma!

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#46re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 8:05pm

I have Kennedy's South Pacific on Disc and she is amazing in the role, imo. Pick it up, it's worth it. Phillip Quast is perfect as Emile. That disc finally helped me enjoy I sho I find a little dusty.

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#47re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 9:11pm

This is why they say an actress should NEVER tell her age. And if they do to LIE.

You would never know Kelli near 30 by looking at her. Same with a lot of other near 30 girls. Look at Lea Salonga! I think she looks younger than Laura Benanti! But Lea (gasp!) is OVER 30! If she wasn't the original Miss Saigon you would never know that. That diva could still pull off Eponine today!

If 50 is the new 30 then 30 is the new 20.

But clearly not everyone thinks so. Everybody always thinks I'm at least 10 years younger than I am. And I will fight to the death to make sure they keep thinking it so I'll continue to steadily work!!!!!!!
Updated On: 7/2/07 at 09:11 PM

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#49re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/3/07 at 12:57am

bullcrap to all those yawns.

she'll be brilliant. hopefully this is the role that gets her a Tony.

provided this is true

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#50re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/3/07 at 12:59am

But Laurey only danced in that recent revival. She doesn't normally dance The Dream Ballet.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#51re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/3/07 at 2:09am

I just saw her as Laurey in Oklahoma City Lyric's centennial production of "Oklahoma." The role is in good hands with her. Very good hands.

Videos