Kelli O'Hara to Star in ....

WaitingForKathy Profile Photo
WaitingForKathy
#1Kelli O'Hara to Star in ....
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:46pm

...South Pacific! Kelli O'Hara will play Nellie in the Lincoln Center revivial. My friends who's one of the OCU Summer Music Program students said she was told by Kelli's OCU voice teacher Florence Birdwell.

Oh...and Kelli is giving a master class to the summer students tomorrow!

Darn. Wish I was there! :)

Updated On: 7/1/07 at 10:46 PM

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:48pm

I really hope this is true.

Julian2
#2re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:49pm

Sweet! I <3 rumors. (not doubting you)

And thanks for not using elipses! re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Yankeefan007
#3re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:49pm

Yawn.

No surprise to me. Updated On: 7/1/07 at 10:49 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:50pm

Good choice. But I know many of us wanted a bigger name.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#5re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in

I hope it's true too re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in .

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#6re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in

Wow, Kelli is becoming the go-to girl for classic revivals! She will definatley be good in the role, though I am disappointed Scarlett won't be doing it.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#7re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:51pm

I'm going to see Les Mis there next Friday. Hi future classmatefriends.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#8re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:51pm

Double Yawn, how boring.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#9re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:52pm

I actually heard from one of Victoria Clark's voice students that Vicki was getting the part because they wanted to take Nellie in a different direction. I would prefer Kelli, but I am just saying what I heard.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#10re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:59pm

Vicki would have been amazing as Nellie 20 years ago, but she's too old now. I hope it's true about Kelli.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#11re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 11:48pm

That would be pretty darn cool. She's perfect for the role.
Stokes, anyone?

~Steven

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#12re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 11:52pm

Damn. I wanted Reba. Even though she's too old for it.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#13re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/1/07 at 11:55pm

O'Hara is as good of a fit for Nellie as Stokes is for Emile. Is Rebecca Luker playing Bloody Mary?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

MungoGypsy8232
#14re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:05am

I hope this is true!

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#15re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:12am

I'm looking forward to seeing this revival! Brian Stokes Mitchell would be great reprising Emile. I was kind of hoping for Reba, despite her age. She certainly would have brought a "big name" to the revival...
Updated On: 7/2/07 at 12:12 AM

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#16re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:22am

I'm excited. I don't quite care what anyone says. I'll be there.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#17re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:41am

Yeah, Reba would have been fun, too. Much rather have her than Glenn Close. Now, she was too old. At least Reba seems young.

~Steven

ray-andallthatjazz86
#19re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 1:42am

Okay, no bitchiness intended, but explain to me how Nellie would be surprised that Emile's kids are Polynesian or "ethnic" if Brian Stokes Mitchell were to play the part. The issues of race explored in the play as well as Emile's background would be considerably affected if Mitchell were to play Emile.
It's the same as having Liat played by Anne Hathaway or Cable played by B.D. Wong

Updated On: 7/2/07 at 01:42 AM

#20re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 2:09am

I think Kelli O'Hara (like Sutton Foster) has the kind of old-school classic Broadway talent that makes her perfect for things like this. Now if they'd just get a revival of My Fair Lady to Broadway with her!

Jon
#22re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 4:17am

Yes - Brian Stokes Mitchell as Emile!

Chenoweth as Bloody Mary!

Celia Keenan-Bolger as Liat!

Norm Lewis as Cable!

After all - it doesn't matter what race you are - as long as you can sing it!

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#23re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 9:09am

Oh, I'd really love for this to be true
Kelli is such a classy, gorgeous, and talented actress, and I'd really love to see her do this show
:)
Ah, I hope this isnt just a rumor

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#24re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 10:32am

*yawns*

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

bwaylvsong
#25re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 11:31am

"Okay, no bitchiness intended, but explain to me how Nellie would be surprised that Emile's kids are Polynesian or "ethnic" if Brian Stokes Mitchell were to play the part. The issues of race explored in the play as well as Emile's background would be considerably affected if Mitchell were to play Emile.
It's the same as having Liat played by Anne Hathaway or Cable played by B.D. Wong"

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think Stokes necessarily comes off as "ethnic" on stage. When I saw him in "Kiss Me, Kate", I had no idea he was anything other than white. Also, after living in the South Pacific so many years, don't you think somebody would be tanned?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#26re: Kelli O'Hara to Star in
Posted: 7/2/07 at 11:42am

Kelli is a beautiful and extremely talented woman, but i wanted someone younger and fresher in the role.
Well, let's wait till it's announced officially.
I still want to see Michael Arden as Cable, but with his TV show I guess that ain't gonna happen.

Videos