pixeltracker

Disappointed with Young Frankenstein- Page 2

Disappointed with Young Frankenstein

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#25re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 10/31/07 at 6:00pm

I never thought the music from the Producers was all that great so i'm not shocked that the music in Young Frankenstein is not that great as well.

Thesbijean
#26re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 10/31/07 at 6:05pm

You guys have no idea what you are talking about. Someone said it has a long way to go before recouping? Not true at all.

If someone really wants me to break it down for them, PM, and I can explain how YF can recoup in under one year easy.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#27re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 10/31/07 at 6:21pm

Good point. Though they are not posting their grosses, they pulled in 1.5 million the first preview week. I'm sure they're going to be just fine.

Tir Na Nog
#28re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 10/31/07 at 9:35pm

J.C.?

Was I the only one who thought "J.C. Wyatt" from "Baby Boom"? HAHA

"One difference between poetry and lyrics is that lyrics sort of fade into the background. They fade on the page and live on the stage when set to music". - Stephen Sondheim

loholly
#29re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 11/1/07 at 10:11am

Did I see a different show? Because the show I saw had a full audience, people laughing....big time and lots of engery and fun. Perhaps everyone on this board went to the same bad show or we just had a good one. I went away feeling this was a hit and would welcome the chance to see it again.

Feel bad for those who didn't have the same experience. Oh well. That's theatre, every show/every day is different.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#30re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 11/1/07 at 10:25am

if this were in a smaller house, i'd pay for the back of the theatre to see it. however, because it is being housed in the Hotel Barn, i shall wait until it's need has gone down considerably and i can laugh with the understudy in the main role.

oh wait...did everyone pay full price to watch an understudy? my bad!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#31re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 11/1/07 at 10:28am

I don't know what people are complaining about with the Hilton.

I sat in the very last row of the Balcony and had a wonderful view.

I've felt farther away, while sitting closer than I was last night, in the Palace, New Amsterdam and Gershwin.

I'm all for sitting close when it's afforable, but if balcony is all I can afford, then I buy it. People avoid balconies like the plague and it's just foolish.

And there was no understudy last night.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#32re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 11/1/07 at 10:56am

"Don't you mean Two-three-kick-turn! Turn-turn-kick-turn!"

I thought the same thing when I read the other comment!!!!!

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

shesamarshmallow
#33re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 11/1/07 at 11:01am

oh wait...did everyone pay full price to watch an understudy? my bad!

I actually have a fund saved of about $500 in case there's ever an understudy on that I really want to see and can only pay full price for it. I would gladly pay full price to see an understudy, and therefore fail to see your logic.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#34re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
Posted: 11/1/07 at 12:00pm

"I actually have a fund saved of about $500 in case there's ever an understudy on that I really want to see and can only pay full price for it. I would gladly pay full price to see an understudy, and therefore fail to see your logic."

Word, I keep money on the side for if I'm ever in that situation.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

Videos