#25re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 5:40pm

That's right-you have exposed your homophobia, megoo

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

MassiveMeGo Profile Photo
MassiveMeGo
#26re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:02pm

It looks like not being gay is a bad thing to some gays. Why the heterophobia? You should not hate people for being straight and brave enough to say so.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#27re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:11pm

Nice way to avoid a direct question.

Why do YOU think it's 'bad' to be gay?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

MassiveMeGo
#28re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:19pm

Why do YOU object to a straight man saying he isn't gay? You're the one brandishing a gay accusation as if it were a weapon to hurt Clay. Why do you think its "Bad" enough that it should hurt anyone?

TheatreDiva90016
#29re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:21pm

"Why do YOU object to a straight man saying he isn't gay? "

Where did I do that?

Please show me.

I'll wait.......

And you still didn't answer my question? Why is being gay bad?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#30re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:24pm

We should start a gaymates group. And make T-shirts.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

MassiveMeGo
#31re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:28pm

And you still didn't answer my question? Why is being gay bad?

You tell me! I'm not the one using that label as if it were something to be ashamed of.

Cartwheel
#32re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:29pm

TheatreDiva, why don't you consider spreading lies a bad thing? Oh, that's right, because you do it yourself.
-----
And now for something completely different, and actually on topic:

Associated press article: https://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/01/23/entertainment/e103445S35.DTL

"Aiken, 29, has taken over the role of Sir Robin, the cowardly knight that Idle once played on film and David Hyde Pierce originated when the Tony Award-winning musical debuted in 2005.
[snip]
"One of the reasons that it intrigued me was that it was so different. Nobody I think would have expected me to show up in 'Spamalot,'" he says, laughing.
"It's very irreverent. ... I mean, my character soils his pants on stage multiple times.""
[snip]
Associate director Peter Lawrence says Aiken has been no idle diva; the singer asked to be treated like any other company member and has been surprisingly fearless.
"Clay really surprised me. When you meet him, he's this sweet kid from North Carolina with an accent. And you think there's no way he can do Cambridge material. And then he does," says Lawrence.

"It's been a total delight and a surprise for me and everyone in the company to work with Clay because he can do things you'd never imagine he could do.""

Broadway.com interview: https://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=560459&pn=1

"Everybody knows that Clay Aiken can sing, but—surprise!—he can also hold his own on a Broadway stage. To be more precise, he can hula, ogle scantily clad girls, discuss flying coconuts in a British accent, pretend to poop in his tunic, do a Cossack-style line dance and perform a lightning-fast patter song ("You won't succeed on Broadway if you don't have any Jews") without dropping a syllable.
[snip]
If somebody said to me, 'Who in this cast has never done theater?' he is the last person I would have chosen," says Hannah Waddingham, the Olivier Award-nominated British musical star who joined the Tony-winning musical as the Lady of the Lake the same night Aiken debuted.
[snip]
There was a big concern for me—and I'll speak to you about this because your outlet speaks directly to [theater] people—about what they call "stunt casting." Based on some research I did, I know that a lot of diehard Broadway fans can't stand it, so there was automatic concern that people within the industry were going to be upset that I was doing this because I took [the role] away from somebody else or I didn't earn my way; I didn't audition the way everybody else does. I was concerned about that, not just in terms of Broadway fans but people in the cast who might have wanted to see somebody else get it. And I could not have been more wrong when it comes to the people who work in the industry. There's always going to be some 13-year-old sitting at his computer in Topeka who's bitter. But every person I've worked with has been unbelievably phenomenal and welcoming. "

Cast photos from the first performance: https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=24465

Fox News interview and clips from the show: https://tinyurl.com/2lz6qz

Select [VIDEO] Clay Aiken stars in Monty Python's 'Spamalot' to watch

You can stop reading now, because from this point on, the thread will quickly deteriorate into the pointless mud slinging.

Updated On: 2/19/08 at 06:29 PM

TheatreDiva90016
#33re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:30pm

re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted On: 2/17/08 at 02:47 PM

Those comments aren't meant to be harmless jokes. Yelli is right about the Gaymates. They are out to hurt him by repeating all the tabloid lies and trying to make people think he's a bad person.

Yes, you did.

TheatreDiva90016
#34re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:31pm

"Why don't you consider spreading lies a bad thing? Oh, that's right, because you do it yourself. "

Show me where I have lied.

I'll wait.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:33pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 06:33 PM

MassiveMeGo
#36re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:34pm

She said you were SPREADING LIES, Diva. Which you did.

Fromage, being gay isn't a joke.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:38pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 06:38 PM

TheatreDiva90016
#38re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:39pm

"She said you were SPREADING LIES, Diva. Which you did."

Again, which lies are you speaking of?

I'll wait until you answer that and why you posted that being gay was bad.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#39re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:41pm

I'm gonna have to get out the popcorn for this one.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:43pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 06:43 PM

Cartwheel
#41re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken

"Show me where I have lied. "

I'm talking about the bulls**t you supposedly received in PM from someone claiming to be Clay's stagehand. Unless you made it up yourself, in which case you were originating lies instead of simply repeating them.

MassiveMeGo
#42re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken

I never said that. I said that you use gay accusations as a weapon. As if it were something bad.

The tabloids printed lies about Clay. You spread them around. All I had to do was look at your profile and your nasty words were there. Try wiggling out of it but you can't.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#43re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:44pm

Darn. I don't like Twizzlers. But both of these Clay threads are getting really good.

TheatreDiva90016
#44re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:50pm

Cartwheel,

Just because you don't like the information I posted, doesn't make it a lie.

And Mego, you said it:

"re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted On: 2/17/08 at 02:47 PM

Those comments aren't meant to be harmless jokes. Yelli is right about the Gaymates. They are out to hurt him by repeating all the tabloid lies and TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK HE'S A BAD PERSON."

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:51pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 06:51 PM

TheatreDiva90016
#46re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:55pm

And the information I posted was from someone I know.

It wasn't from a tabloid.

Cartwheel
#47re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 6:55pm

"Actually, it's your interpretation that the gay accusations are bad, not the accusations themselves. "

Actually, it is my interpretation that spreading lies is bad, regardless of the content of those lies, or the accusations that the liars make.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/17/08 at 7:01pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 07:01 PM

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#49re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 7:01pm

I don't know what I'm going to do when Clay leaves Spamalot. Do people hate Mya? Will we be able to do this again?

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 07:01 PM

Videos