"Spamalot" Clay Aiken

Isabella3
#1"Spamalot" Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:09am

Clay Aiken never disappoints me,giving to children with special needs, his book, performances at his concerts, television appearances, television special, albums and now an actor in "Spamalot," how brilliant he is in his roles. From day one on American Idol, I have say: Hey,Hey, Hey, Play Clay All the Way to Broadway! Hooray, now he's done it, and hopefully he'll be performing in other shows soon. Thank God for his natural talents,and good sense of humor. Looking forward to Clay Aiken's future albums and performances. Break a Leg always Clay Aiken.

george95
#2re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:18am

Isabella, this article is for you.

http://nymag.com/news/features/43301/

Enjoy!

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:28am

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 01:28 AM

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#3re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 3:35am

yes i agree!! i think he has an incredible voice and was excited when i first heard he was going be in Spamalot!! hopefully i will be able to see it sometime in the future:)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 10:00am

Awww... the BWW newbies found a common thread: Miss Aiken.

Seems like a perfect fit. re: 'Spamalot'  Clay Aiken

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#5re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 10:02am

Gotta love Clay!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#6re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 10:10am

re: 'Spamalot'  Clay Aiken

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Sleeper2 Profile Photo
Sleeper2
#7re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 11:32am

I LOVE the fact that some Claymate shills have joined the board. Welcome!

Clay has yet to make an impression in any of the bars I frequent in midtown, but I have no doubt we'll see him lurking in dark corners incognito.

By the way, what was the name of the man he absolutely positively did NOT have sex with in North Carolina? I think the guy was a marine or something...

SparkleEyes
#8re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 12:36pm

I love to lurk here and read the reviews and others opinions.I think i am the only person who did not know who Clay Aiken was. Anyway i was really curious and read a lot about him becoz everyone has a opinion about him. I went to see Spamalot and i think he is a really talented person. His voice is wonderful and he is funny and can dance. I just cannot understand you people talking bad about him.
The discussion here is about his acting ability. I am sure that if someone looked at your personal lives it would be horrible. Do not comment or judge someone else. If you have any critique abt him acting, singing do say so but to talk about his personal life is not even your business.
I just registered here to comment about this. I thought this was a good site to discuss about the show and the actors ability not to discuss someone else's personal life.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#9re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 12:40pm

Aren't there already about 22,000 threads about Spamalot and the Gayken?

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/boardsearch.cfm?boardname=bway

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#10re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 12:43pm

"I am sure that if someone looked at your personal lives it would be horrible."

You're sure? Well, I NEVER! that wasn't very nice!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

SparkleEyes
#11re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 12:51pm

I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt anyone's feeling. But people here seem to be really rude.. I just don't understand why you all hate and dismiss someone who you really haven't met. It does not make sense. Not everyone can like a person but to be hateful!!! People hate one another becoz they have something against them. That is why i posted this

BrodyFosse123
#12re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:00pm

I thought this was a good site to discuss about the show and the actors ability not to discuss someone else's personal life.

And you claim to lurk on this board? Come on now... you should know better. Everyone's personal life is target on this board -- famous or not. re: 'Spamalot'  Clay Aiken

As for the 'bad talk about Clay' -- ask Kelly Ripa.

The infamous opening host-chat segment of the Friday 11/17/06 LIVE WITH REGIS & KELLY. Clay was co-hosting and being quirky smarmy as guest-host which started the tense-filled morning:

Part 1 - https://youtube.com/watch?v=BliqSGkbPTo&feature=related
Part 2 - https://youtube.com/watch?v=wxVQGlKm5nA&feature=related

The interview later that morning with DANCING WITH THE STARS Cheryl Burke and Emmitt Smith, where the infamous 'covering Kelly's mouth' incident took place that fueled the media hours later: https://youtube.com/watch?v=w1r6Wh4NasY&feature=related

The following Monday 11/20/06, during the opening host-chat segment, Kelly divulges to Regis what took place the previous Friday morning with her co-host Clay Aiken: https://youtube.com/watch?v=vsqbuUdbujE&feature=related

Kathy Griffin at least has good (and genius) material thanks to Clay (Gay)Aiken... and yes, he acknowledges and validates her attacks on him. So much so that after the numerous jokes at his expense she's uttered (all about his 'allegedly' gayness), after meeting him she asked him if he was mad. His response? "...I should at least get 10%, that's all". re: 'Spamalot'  Clay Aiken

Updated On: 2/17/08 at 01:00 PM

SparkleEyes
#13re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:10pm

Seriously i have read many comments about other actors but not as vicious as you all attack this guy. Anyway i stated my opinion. I did not know being gay was such a big deal for everyone to incite attack on someone. Even if the guy has denied it which he has every right to. Just did not know when it became bad.

My statement was just give the guy a chance. He is doing a great job in Spamalot. If one cannot appreciate others abilities why comment on their lives..

BrodyFosse123
#14re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:20pm

Because it makes the world a nice sunny and happier place.

Plus... it keeps many employed, from the huge staff at TMZ.com, Perez Hilton, to the many families supported by employees of E!, Entertainment Tonight, EXTRA, Star Magazine, People Magazine, US Weekly, National Enquirer and even CNN's Showbiz Today. re: 'Spamalot'  Clay Aiken

Oh, and let's not exclude those part of the paparazzi which provide us with the source material.

Thanks guys!

TheatreDiva90016
#15re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:59pm

Welcome SparkleEyes!

Are you of legal age?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

SparkleEyes
#16re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:13pm

Thank you Theatrediva.. I am 23 years old..

TheatreDiva90016
#17re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:18pm

I was just wondering, because your posts sound like they were written by a start struck 13 year old.

JEK216 Profile Photo
JEK216
#18re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:18pm

Wow, BrodyFosse123 you really seem to be into Clay Aiken. I suspect we have a closeted Claymate on our hands. Come on out BrodyFosse, no one will think any less of you.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." G. Marx

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#19re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:22pm

He wrote a book? Why?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Yelliphant
#20re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:26pm

Don't pay any attention to the Gaymates, Sparkle. They travel in a pack between here and the hate blog. Its always the same few haters that can't stand it that he's doing great.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:32pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 02:32 PM

TheatreDiva90016
#22re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:32pm

And don't pay any attention to Yelli.

All she can do is call people names.

Besides, she is even considered creepy by Claymates.

MassiveMeGo Profile Photo
MassiveMeGo
#23re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:47pm

Those comments aren't meant to be harmless jokes. Yelli is right about the Gaymates. They are out to hurt him by repeating all the tabloid lies and trying to make people think he's a bad person. He's a great talent, which is why they won't comment on his successes.

TheatreDiva90016
#24re: 'Spamalot' Clay Aiken
Posted: 2/17/08 at 5:35pm

"They are out to hurt him by repeating all the tabloid lies and trying to make people think he's a bad person."

Why do you consider being gay a bad thing?

THAT'S hateful.

Videos