pixeltracker

The Hollywood Bowl Completes Casting of All-Star Les Miz with Lloyd Young, McCormick, Maika & More- Page 2

The Hollywood Bowl Completes Casting of All-Star Les Miz with Lloyd Young, McCormick, Maika & More

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#25re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 3:26pm

"I agree"

Of course you do...because you know every detail about Rosie's situation and her schedule.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

p.s.
#26re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 3:32pm

I seriously think she is overreacting and made a bad decision to turn down the role because she decided to care for her son.

She didn't turn down the role. She accepted the role, and is now "backing out" for whatever reason. I hope she's not overexaggerating her son's injury. That would suck!

p.s. [Snide comment removed.] Updated On: 7/28/08 at 03:32 PM

millie_dillmount
#27re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 3:41pm

Turn down, back out, whatever. I guess I meant the latter.

Whatever the situation, it's really none of our business as to the extent of Rosie's son's injury and her plans for taking care of him. I doubt she is using and exaggerating her son's injury as an excuse to not do the show. Rosie really supports theater too much to just back out of a role on such short notice. Plus, if this really was one of her dream roles, I doubt she would just give it up.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

joneswright08
#28re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 3:45pm

jsg03jd wrote: " saw JLY in Jersey Boys and in concert with the New York Pops in Carnegie Hall.

I just cannot hear his voice as appropriate for Marius..."

In Jersey Boys and at his Carnegie Hall performances he was singing pop songs. I saw him at the Broadway unplugged concert where he sang a more legit song, something from Greenwillow. He has a very impressive low register and he really added a lot of depth to his voice. I am excited to hear how he is in Les Mis!

The richness and depth to his voice on the more traditional song would not have worked on his other songs!

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#29re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 3:46pm

I'm not a Rosie fan, and I was looking forward to seeing what she would do with the role, but I commend her for putting her children first. Wish more parents would do the same.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#30re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 3:51pm

She makes it public business when she posts her son's x-ray as her header picture on her blog.

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#31re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 3:59pm

joneswright08, that's really good to know. Because all that falsetto singing, which was obviously required for JERSEY BOYS, was what he did in Carnegie Hall, which made me think whether Young could sing differently from how he sang in JB.

I'm glad to hear that there's more to his voice than its ability to mimic Frankie Valli.

millie_dillmount
#32re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 4:06pm

"She makes it public business when she posts her son's x-ray as her header picture on her blog."

Wow. Some people are really insensitive. God bless your future kids.

Yes, she posted a picture. Yes, she decided to tell people the reason why she decided not to perform in Les Mis is because her son broke his arm. Other than that, what do you know about the extent of his injuries or how she will take care of him? Why do you even care?

She cares about her son. More parents should act in the same manner. A close family member broke her arm before. Even though she could function for the most part, sometimes just having someone there is comforting.

Updated On: 7/28/08 at 04:06 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#33re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 5:09pm

Even though she could function for the most part, sometimes just having someone there is comforting.

By the time of the concert, the only company he´ll need is a TV and an ipod - it´s really just a broken wrist. In fact, he could be there , first row, no problem.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

millie_dillmount
#34re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 7:53pm

"By the time of the concert, the only company he´ll need is a TV and an ipod - it´s really just a broken wrist. In fact, he could be there , first row, no problem."

I don't understand - it's her kid. Let her raise him the way she wants. Even if it means giving up the role, so be it. I hate how people are jumping on the situation and criticizing her for overreacting because her kid got hurt. Maybe she doesn't want to drag him to the show...her schedule will be pretty hectic as it is, so it was probably in the best interest that she just stay home with her son, even if all he'll need is a "TV and an iPod."

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#35re: The Hollywood Bowl without Rosie
Posted: 7/28/08 at 8:11pm

I'm disappointed to miss Rosie but I fully support her decision to be with her son.

She has very openly talked about how losing her mom at such a young age affected her. It's not surprising she cherishes every moment she can to be involved with her kids. She's sending out the message to her son that he's more important to her than being in a show (and we all know how much she LOVES that!)... that is priceless, he is a very lucky kid!

Videos