Hollywood Bowl Les Mis

Poppy
#25re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:43am

Those of you who will be going to the concert are in for a real treat. J. Mark McVey and his wife, Christy Tarr-McVey gave a free concert in the Ridgewood (NJ) Band Shell on July 24. He gave us a preview of what he will be doing in the Hollywood Bowl...Jean Valjean's solos. He has a beautiful voice...his "Bring Him Home" is a killer. Please give us a review of the concert. Thanks.

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#28re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/6/08 at 11:42am

I saw J. Mark McVey as ValJean in New York and it was beautiful. No more Rosie? I must have missed something!

morningglory
#29re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:02pm

Rosie had to bow out because her son fractured his wrist

ITA about J. Mark McVey

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#30re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:41pm

DARN! I really wanted to see her in this. Oh well.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#31re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/6/08 at 1:55pm

Melora posted this on her MySpace:

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know about some exciting things that are going on. Firstly, I'll be performing this weekend at The Hollywood Bowl playing Fantine in Les Miserables. The performances are almost completely sold out but you can still get tickets if your going to be in town. Friday, Aug. 8 and Sat. Aug 9 the shows begin at 8pm and Sunday Aug. 10 at 7:30. But the exciting news for those of you who can't get tickets or who don't have the moola to spend... there's a free, open to the public dress rehearsal on Friday the 8th beginning at 10am sharp till 1pm.

If you can come bring a hat and sunscreen and some water so you don't get too hot! We'd love to have you there for our first fully costumed, run through with orchestra on the Hollywood Bowl stage! More to come later! Look forward to seeing you there!
---------------------------------------------------------------

So, if you want to, maybe the free dress rehearsal on Friday might be a good bet.

morningglory
#32re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/6/08 at 2:11pm

yeah - I might go to that, too. But, bet the 'good' seats will be taken really quickly........

morningglory
EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#34video of Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/7/08 at 12:03pm

I got chills from just watching and listening to this! I am so excited my tummy is in lil knots!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#35video of Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/7/08 at 12:47pm

EVIE, I got chills, too!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#36video of Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/7/08 at 1:06pm

"In my experience, taking pictures of the actual show is strictly prohibited. They have ushers standing around for the entire show (ready to pounce on violators?) But cameras are allowed inside the venue. They flash like crazy before the show. "

No one gives a **** at the Bowl. It is too big and there is no way they can control people. Every time I see a show there there are video cameras, cameras, and cell phones galore.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#35video of Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/7/08 at 2:43pm

"No one gives a **** at the Bowl. It is too big and there is no way they can control people. Every time I see a show there there are video cameras, cameras, and cell phones galore."

OMG I am praying this is true!
DottieD'Luscia will you be seeing the show?

SporkGoddess
#36video of Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/7/08 at 3:08pm

Is it me, or did the girl playing Cosette sound like she have a weak voice? Maybe it's just the sound in the video though.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#37video of Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/7/08 at 3:24pm

I Had no idea Tom Lowe was in this, i did a show with him here in the UK, such a nice guy, and his Marius in London was amazing

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

bluesoprano Profile Photo
bluesoprano
#38video of Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/8/08 at 10:53pm

I'll be seeing the show on sunday night and after seeing all the videos and pictures I am really excited to see it. I hope everyone who attends enjoys it and can't wait to hear the reviews after tonights opening night performance.

Videos