pixeltracker

Guys and Dolls revival casting- Page 2

Guys and Dolls revival casting

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#25re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 8/21/08 at 6:06pm

See, I thought she was only really strong on stage in Pajama Game when she was in a scene with Connick Jr. As for South Pacific, her "Wonderful Guy" was some of the best acting and presence I've seen from her (the rest of the show...).

dayao Profile Photo
dayao
#26re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 8/21/08 at 6:58pm

Yes, I do prefer Riegel over Hathaway. My opinion is based on hearing her on stage live in Les Miserables and the fact that I feel she has a unique sound that suits the character of Sarah Brown perfectly. Although I think Anne Hathaway is also a fine singer I do not particularly care for her voice as I find it typical of many other pop singers today and not as distinctive as Riegel's. I did not see Hathaway in the stage revival of Carnival so I can't judge her live singing but I know for a fact that her vocals in Ella Enchanted were assembled from several takes of the songs for the best effect, a typical Hollywood practice even for the best singers and a luxury which Riegel did not have in the examples of her singing on the YouTube videos, which are also several years old. It really comes down to a personal preference for Eden Riegel over Hathaway as you may feel a preference for Hathaway over Riegel as a singer. Guys and Dolls would be great with either one of them.

"I long-ago realized that this country is a nation of morons, when it comes to knowledge of anything outside, or beyond, pop culture." Steve Slezak

Orbachfan Profile Photo
Orbachfan
#27re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 8/21/08 at 7:24pm

I don't have anyone in mind right now but who ever they cast i hope is amazing because i love guys and dolls and i don't want to be disappointed. Chance are i will be with at least one cast memeber though

Patrick wilson maybe a good choice

"when a broadwaybaby says goodnight its early in the mornin"

delucad15 Profile Photo
delucad15
#28re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 9/12/08 at 4:14pm

I totally agree with Gary Beach as Nathan, hes doing the Indianapollis Symphony Orchestra concert of Guys and Dolls wth Hugh Panaro as Sky

Jon
#29re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 9/12/08 at 6:40pm

The part of Nathan was written for Sam Levene - a short, Jewish character actor who was totally tone deaf. When Sinatra was cast in the movie, they rewrote the character and gave him his own song - because it was Sinatra. He should have been playing Sky, but I guess they thought he was too short and skinny.

justafan2
#30re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 9/12/08 at 6:55pm

I just loved the production with Nathan Lane and Faith Prince. For me---it'll be hard to top that cast. (altho' Norbert Leo Butz is a pretty close second to Nathan)

cicero2 Profile Photo
cicero2
#31re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 9/12/08 at 9:44pm

bah why anne hathaway?

"I dreamt I married a 5-year-old boy. He treated me like a queen and was perfectly lovely. We took a driving trip for our honeymoon. Then it dawned on me: 'Oh my God! He doesn't have a driver's license! We could get arrested!'" - megan mullally

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#32re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 9/12/08 at 10:03pm

oh please oh please oh please let John C Reilly be true!!!

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#33re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 9/12/08 at 11:45pm

If this is going to be at all similar to the recent london production, Wilson would make sense because MacGregor sang many of the songs in a high tenor. He takes some wildly high option at the end of Luck Be a Lady.

If it's going to be a film/tv star revival, though, I'd love to see Jake Gyllenhall play Sky and Connick Jr. play Nathan.

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#34re: Guys and Dolls revival casting
Posted: 9/12/08 at 11:47pm

Can Jake sing?

Videos