pixeltracker

Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?- Page 2

Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?

stagescreen Profile Photo
stagescreen
#25re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 12:11pm

hehe...

This kind of harkens back to that line in [title of show] about Heidi auditioning for the replacement/ensemble/understudy/offstage singer/dance captain/assistant stage manager track at Mamma Mia but not getting the part because some other girl fit in the existing costumes.

"I didn't get it...[wah-waaah.] Yeah, we sang, danced, read, sang again...they narrowed it down to three of us. And then they measured us, and I didn't fit the existing costumes so another girl got the job. And can I tell you? The girl who did get the job: gorgeous, stunning, but she sang a little something like this..."

But get this: Heidi already has Ursula costumes made for her! She fits the costumes!

<---- You can see the crazy in her eyes. ;-)

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#26re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 12:56pm

On a related note, is Cicily Daniels the only Ursula understudy right now?

No, Meredith Inglesby is the second cover and she is fabulous.

Also Heidi starts on January 27th, right after Sherie leaves, and is there until April 5th. And of course Heidi already has costumes made for her, she was the original first cover when the show opened.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#27re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 1:33pm

Does she get SRS's dressing room too because that dressing room is HUGE.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#28re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 2:43pm

I think The Little Mermaid needs to close. I just saw the show last week and the cast is sleepwalking through it. Dont get me wrong, I love me some SRS, but she phoned it in. The show is a mess. Some folks are clearly in that for the paycheck. It is ashame because everyone is so talented, but the show is a trainwreck. It is garish to look at and head-ache inducing.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#29re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 2:48pm

That is so sad to hear, BettyBoy. I saw the show five times in previews and a sixth time right after opening and the entire cast was on fire every time. It's too bad they are all already walking through after only a year's worth of performances. (Patti LuPone is still giving 100% eight times a week at GYPSY!) I loved THE LITTLE MERMAID, but if I saw it this week, maybe I would feel differently.

DaintyJack
#30re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 2:55pm

She never went on. Sheri is leaving on Jan. 25 when Heidi takes over for a short stint in the role.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#31re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 2:55pm

WAT, I totally understand what you are saying. I think the show might have been better earlier. But honestly, I got the sense that the cast knows they are in a lackluster show and it is wearing on them. The people in the audience I was talking to (including many gay guys) were just underwhelmed. The applause at the end of the show was midly appreciative. Norm and Sherrie are clearly not being creatively challenged, which sad because SRS has such an amazing voice and she was literally singing these incredible notes with little behind it.

Also I had seen Mary Poppins during the matinee and the crowd was going nuts, so the comparison to the Little Mermaid was marked. No one was going nuts for it. I also cant get over how cheap it looks. It is worse than Tarzan. It is weird to see BATB, MP and you wonder how these porrly made musicals get approved.

WAT, Im glad you enjoyed it. I did not.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

abominableerror
#32re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 3:03pm

That really sucks that SRS is just going through the motions. After a video I watched that may or may not be on *that site* I thought she had gotten her momentum back up, but apparently not.

Hopefully Heidi will completely rock it, I know with [tos] fans in there she'll get some applause...too bad it's SO expensive.

Has anyone seen the other understudy go on for Ursula (not Cicily)?

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#33re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 4:25pm

Bettyboy, I agree. I have no idea how a multimillion dollar, Disney-funded musical can look so garish and cheap. It is a downright ugly show. But, I saw the third official performance and was still unimpressed, and I like EVERYTHING. I can think of maybe two Broadway shows I flat didn't like, and TLM is one of them. I think the cast deserves better, but I found myself only watching Sierra. I hope to see her and Sherie in another, better project soon (I doubt it's gonna be Phantom 2, but I would love to be proven wrong).

That being said, I'm proud of Heidi. A Broadway show is a Broadway show, and good for her for landing this. Maybe she can inject some life into it!

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#34re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 6:12pm

hometown glory what is the other show of the two you didnt like? And Im really happy for heidi and glad she will finally get to go on for the role...every night. She is wonderful and I love her and hope she does many great things after this show as well.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#35re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:13pm

The Grease revival. For obvious reasons.

Although I'm starting to realize that I'm not too hot on Grease in general.

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#36re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:15pm

Has anyone seen the other understudy go on for Ursula (not Cicily)?

I've seen Meredith go on a few times and personally I think she's fabulous. This past time she wasn't as good as the run she had during Sherie's last vacation but she is MUCH better than Cicily. I also prefer her performance over Sherie's just because she adds more character to the role because as previously mentioned, Sherie seems to just be in it for the paycheck recently. However, Sherie's voice has yet to be beat.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

abominableerror
#38re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/4/08 at 9:21pm

I've seen some of Cicily's performance, and while I thought it was good, I didn't really think the emotion she brought really fit the stage Ursula that well. I'd really like to see Meredith in the role!

They should totally make understudy recordings and sell them on itunes or something.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#39re: Did Heidi Blickenstaff Ever Go On For Ursula?
Posted: 11/5/08 at 2:04am

Y'know I have no interest whatsoever in seeing this or any other Disney show, but the presence of The Blickenstaff (or honestly any other of the [tos] crew) might just put The Little Mermaid on my list of shows to see in February. I'm sure I'll regret it, but I miss me some Heidi so I'll try it out. Plus I loved the film score, so maybe it won't be as bad as people on here make it out to be.

Videos