TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#25re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 2:37pm

Twilight the Musical? Someone gag me.

Have we all forgotten what happened with the other vampire musicals?

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#26re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 2:52pm

The workshop is already in the works.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#27re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 2:57pm

I can tell by all the earlier posts that I am alone in this, but I think it has potential to be good.
The story is interesting (and popular) and the characters are ideal for a musical, full of inner turmoil.
Of course, it would need a great cast and score, just like anything else, but I just think this could be great.

commasplice
#28re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 2:57pm

Only if they condense multiple books together for one show. Otherwise you'll be sitting there having to listen to songs like "I'm Getting A Bowl of Cereal While My Computer Turns On So I Can Look Up Vampires On the Internet" because of Stepenie Meyer's snail-like pacing of the books, where there's no real plot until about the last quarter of the novel.

Hell, if they're going to do it, they should just musicalize Breaking Dawn. You could have "OM NOM NOM (The Placenta Song)," "I'm in Love With My Best Friend's Baby," and the Act II Finale, "Sorry, No Epic Vampire Battle Here."

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#29re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 3:06pm

However, I do agree that a kind of rock/dark/vampire-musical is an interesting idea...just not Twilight.

Funny you should mention the idea. There was a dark vampire musical of that type that ran in Europe a while called Tanz der Vampire. It had an interesting score by Jim Steinman, that guy who is known for writing some of the best (and most musical theater-styled) rock known to man. Unfortunately, it has not yet come to Broadway in its true form. One hopes it will...some day.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

xoangel2789xo
#30re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 3:29pm

Lol...eyebrows. My friend and I used to try to keep count of how many times she would do that.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#31re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 4:38pm

When will people learn? Vampire musicals + Broadway = monster great flop!

Although I will admit that if it were based on 'Twilight', it'd probably fare better than 'Dracula', 'Lestat', etc...

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#32re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 4:46pm

It's funny how much hate there is out there for Twilight. Just because there's a lot of teen fans. Anyways.

I agree that if it was done they should do all 4 books. Eclipse has basically nothing exciting, except talking about everything that happened in the Twilight and New Moon and everything that's going to happen in Breaking Dawn. I'm excited to see how the birth would go over onstage. Could be very attractive.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#33re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 4:46pm

Before my sister dragged me to the movie theatre, I had NO IDEA (abso-freakin-lutely none) of what the hell TWILIGHT was. 2 hours later, I was even more disgusted. I didn't care for it. I had never even heard of the novels, and apparently, they're 'big' or something? With what demographic? I'm 21, and I don't remember reading any-such crap growing up. I'd do ANYTHING to *not* see this happen (a musicalization). It reeks of 'WTF?' - Totally.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#34re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 4:59pm

I'm building up an increasing resentment against everyone who assumes I dislike 'Twilight' because of the fans. I've read all four published books, and the chunk of 'Midnight Sun' that Meyer uploaded, and I've not seen the movie yet but I will, and I promise you - whenever I express disdain for the 'Twilight'-verse, it's my own thoughts, formulated by me, thanks to my experiences. The reason my opinion matches the majority is less to do with my supposed following of the crowd, and more to do with the crappy quality of it all. re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!

Yankeefan007
#35re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 5:02pm

What the F*CK is "Twilight"?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#36re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 5:08pm

My point exactly, Yankee!

commasplice
#37re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 6:52pm

"It's funny how much hate there is out there for Twilight. Just because there's a lot of teen fans. Anyways."

Oh, give me a break. There are plenty of other reasons why people dislike Twilight.

I, personally, dislike Twilight because it's poorly written, the main character is insufferable, and SMeyer romanticizes things that are, at best, unhealthy and, at worst, just plain creepy.

(Also, the fans, while their devotion may at times be a bit frightening [I feel so bad for Robert Pattinson and the crap he has to deal with.], are, on the whole, hilarious. Especially the Twimoms. That's some Grade-A crazy.)

Mattbrain
#38re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 7:32pm

I actually thought Dracula was pretty good.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

nexttoelectric Profile Photo
nexttoelectric
#39re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 7:46pm

It's funny how much hate there is out there for Twilight. Just because there's a lot of teen fans. Anyways.

you're an idiot. and not because you're a shrieking child. but because you shriek about a really ****ty book.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#40re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 8:14pm

I don't dislike Twilight because of its fans. I dislike it because I saw the movie and found it to be awful. It certainly didn't compel me to go out and buy the books.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

sleepyguy1717
#41re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 8:19pm

I like the books, but not the movie.

I do think its the perfect source material for a musical (I'm not sure I'd want to see it). However, musicals made out of book series always make me nervous. How would you fit four, lengthy books into two and a half hours? Even if it was a longer piece, around three hours, it would still be a stretch.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

nexttoelectric
#42re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 8:20pm

Isn't there still supposed to be a fifth book also? so its 5 books into 5.5 hours

taylorPHENOMENON2
#43re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 8:44pm

you're an idiot. and not because you're a shrieking child. but because you shriek about a really ****ty book.

Where was the shrieking? Let me know when you want to come up with a legitimate response.

nexttoelectric
#44re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 8:52pm

you associated yourself with young fans. young fans shriek. ergo, you shriek.

QED.

Latin legitimizes everything.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#45re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 9:08pm

My post is very general actually. There was nothing suggesting I was a fan of the series besides my avatar.

alloverthree
#46re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 9:24pm

[QUOTE]I'm excited to see how the birth would go over onstage. Could be very attractive.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? That "birth" scene is the reason Breaking Dawn will never even be made into a MOVIE, much less put on stage. Please, PLEASE explain what would be "attractive" about a completely naked woman with a broken spine lying on a table while her vampire lover EATS the child out of her- yes SPOILER ALERT.. he eats her uterus!! That is not attractive- that is disgusting and will never translate properly anywhere except inside Stephenie Meyer's messed up head.

I agree that there are PLENTY of reasons not to like Twilight, and none of them have anything to do with the target age group. I have read all of the books, and they send awful messages to the so-called target age group. The "hero" of the books is borderline stalker with major abuse tendencies, and the "heroine" is a whiney, needy little girl who literally cannot exist without the man in her life. I won't even go into all the other effed up crap because this is off-topic enough already, but yes, there are PLENTY of reasons to hate Twilight. None of them at all being the teenage fans (though they are rather annoying).

sleepyguy1717
#47re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 9:54pm

Alloverthree, the poster was being sarcastic. And you're not totally correct on your facts about the birth scene. If I remember correctly he doesn't EAT her uterus. If I remember correctly, he chews the baby out of her. Still pretty morbid, yes.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.
Updated On: 11/29/08 at 09:54 PM

alloverthree
#48re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 10:09pm

Well, whether or not he technically swallows and CONSUMES it isn't my point. He still uses his teeth to extract a child from her as she lies naked on a table with a broken spine. It's a good thing her husband's there to perform an emergency oral C-section. Oh, and her best friend, too, to fall in love with the baby.

sleepyguy1717
#49re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 10:14pm

I'm agreeing with you. Its disturbing. But one would assume that is why the original poster was being facetious about the "attractiveness" of the scene.

Videos